Thai tourism: The only way is up! And Chinese are the answer - 12 million more expected by 2030

webfact

On 1/6/2020 at 11:05 PM, ChipButty said:

Thai's dont stop moaning now about the Chinese but then they moan about all foreigners now they are moaning about Farang not coming 

Wait until the "high tide" of the Chinese tourist wave. Then there will be some serious moans as the human waste collects behind them and the Thai's are treated like that waste by their guest.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few years back the wife and I were in Chang Mai and she wanted to go see a wat.....popular with tourists....I have forgotten the name. Anyway on the long climb up what felt like a million steps we stopped and sat next to another couple who were on a bus trip from Malaysia.  He and I compared cameras and had a chin wag.   Anyway his group all caught up and we got to the top and there are Thai guys checking people.  The Malaysian group all got let through but they stopped me. "You pay there" whilst gesturing towards a hut.  I said: I live here in Thailand and flashed my drivers licence.  "You pay there" pointing.....Farang pay.   I said: You just let a bus load of Malay people in for free...they are farang.  He just ignored me then.  To keep the wife happy I went and paid it was only  20 baht.   But their racist attitude is what really p1ssd me off.  I know there are even bigger ripoffs out there.

Archived