New visa savhanaket

Just been to get a new non o visa in Savannakhet...Monday.

was quiet apart from the large amount of Russian women that all seemed to have no problems getting visas... all driven up from Pattaya in busses.. now my question is how are these women flying through the visa process while some of the farrang blokes were getting hit by the guy who was working at the embassy????

What the hell is going on here??

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, Aforek said:

Retirement non O visa ? For the embassy paper, what did you give ?  

I was there two months ago, hundreds of farangs ; and you say it was quite ? 

It depends on the day of the week. Some days are busier than others.

> Some practical advice a helpful TVF member posted last month:

You must lodge you application between 8:30am and 11:00am and you pick up the next afternoon between 2:00pm and 4:30pm. DO NOT GO ON A FRIDAY or you will have to wait until Monday afternoon to pick up your passport with your visa.
A bit of advice is to get your Laos visa and your application ready before you go because if you do not then you will lose time at the border doing everything and you could miss the drop off time.
Plus carry plenty of 10, 20, 50 baht money as when you buy something in Savannakhet they will accept the Thai baht but they will give the change in Laos kip

• Like 1

These are the requirements for a Non Immigrant 'O' Visa .

Can anyone tell me if theyve done this at Suvanaket and/or what point 5 means ?? TIA

1. Visa application form [Download] which is completely filled out and signed by the applicant
  2. Original passport or travel document (must not expire within 180 days and contain at least two complete empty visa pages) and A copy of passport (The page (s) shows the applicant's photo, name, date, and place of birth and the expiration date of passport)
  3. Two (2) photos of the applicant (3.5 x 4.5 cm, taken within 6 months)
  4. Bank statement (minimum of THB 800,000) or Certification of Income (minimum of THB 65,000 monthly)
  5. Official letter from the concerned Embassy / Consulate of applicant's nationality
  6. Visa Fee: 2,000 Baht (Single Entry)

1 hour ago, zaZa9 said:

Can anyone tell me if theyve done this at Suvanaket and/or what point 5 means ?

They want proof of retirement. When they created the version in English they did not do all of it.

Google translate of it in Thai. "5. Certificate of retirement from the embassy of that person with that nationality"

A member recently contacted them by email about it and they said they would accept his pension statement or a letter from the source of it confirming it.

• Like 1

I just come from Savannakhet, with an O visa, and they accept the affidavit from the embassy ; they just want to be sure we are retired, so for USA, GB, Australia , it's normal that they accept the pension statement 

my affidavit says only that I have a monthly pension of … euros ; in fact, they  don't care how much, because they want also 800000 bahts in the bank ( letter and statement ) 

my old visa finished on january 14 th and I came to the consulate the same day 

Savannakhet is an interesting place to visit by foot or bicycle, waiting for visa

the old city has some  very beautiful colonial buildings near Mekong river , quite place, charming 

Edited by Aforek
  • Thanks 1