Bad day at CM Imm: Retirement extension

20 hours ago, LawrenceN said:

I'll ask about the FET form. Good idea. Thanks!

I don't understand either. Imm evidently thinks it makes a difference. That's the only stumbling block. I vaguely recall someone mentioning last year that certain domestic transfers are marked as BAHTNET.

Were you supposed to use the combination method and got denied? You mentioned 500k in the bank. Several immigration offices reject the combination method when not having an income letter from an embassy/consulate even if it's officially accepted. BAHTNET means that the last leg of the transfer went through Bank of Thailand. 

Edited by Max69xl
  • Like 1

Your simplest option this time is to use an agent. Secondly change to a Marriage Extension.

Then for next year deposit your pensions in a foreign bank and use TransferWise to move the requisite amounts monthly to Bangkok Bank which will show as FTT.

Since the recalcitrant embassies dumped us all in the mire I have done 12 mths of TransferWise FTT transfers (24 in all) all clearly identified as FTT in my Bangkok Bank account.

• Like 1

I assume your private pension is going into a US bank (not bkk ny). You need to bite the bullet and do a monthly SWIFT transfer of the private pension or an amount from it from the US bank to bkk bank here in Thailand. It will then always show as an FTT. That's the way I do it. No problems then.

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Not all of us here think we are being screwed over.  Its a game and I have always played by the rules.  I tried to get my US HI to fill out the document so when the time came I could use it instead of my Pacific Cross policy, but they would not sign the Thai form.  

Hi ThaylandRyan, thanks for response (did cut it short in the quote).

Yes, in your case it looks like the thai PacificCross policy you subscribed to earlier meets your actual needs AND meets the thai-approved health-insurance requirement imposed by IO when extending your permission to stay based on your original OA Visa.

That's a lucky combination. 

Because other retirees that have an international health-insurance policy or a non-approved thai health-insurance policy, experience that their application for extension of stay is denied (even if their policy provides way better coverage than the thai-approved ones).

So my comment that it is possible to escape the bogus thai health-insurance scam by converting to a Non Imm O - retirement Visa (surprisingly simple to do if you know how) was meant for those retirees that are already well-covered but are facing difficulties when doing their extension of stay.

you said it in your statement .. you are dealing with people who make there own rules....rules here are what and when they say depends on who and where you are.... sad but true....advice is just that.... advice ... while one person does this another can not.... good luck as we all need it now do to how they think and do....

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Can someone explain the BAHTNET issue.  I have been transferring a monthly sum in excess of 65,000 baht, from my U.S. Chase Bank account into my Kasikorn Bank account, and it shows up as a BAHTNET transfer, not FTT.  Why would this transfer from a foreign bank account not be accepted for proof of funds for a Retirement extension.  I also can obtain a letter from the State of California's CALPers pension account which indicates I receive a monthly pension in xxxx.xx amount of money for life.  I am on an O-A Visa, and will need to convert this eventually into an Extension of Stay, but still have almost 9 months until that would need to be done unless I leave before the date of my Admitted until Date, and return before that date and then obtain another year.  I originally was here on an "O" based upon marriage but due to a divorce had to return to the U.S. and obtained the O-A visa for retirement.  Of course I do have the required Health Insurance plan required by Thai law as I have lived here for awhile.  Please help me to understand the issue of why the banks transfer now shows BAHTNET which is a TFO, and not showing as a TFN international transaction.  As I read the above if I transferred in USD then I would not get a BAHTNET code but the FTO which Kasikorn lists as an international transaction.  Kasikorn does not show FTT on their lists of codes anywhere I could find.

As of know this is what I see on my Statement:

TFO13271-TFO13273, TFO13276-TFO13278
รับโอนเงินจากต่างธนาคาร Bahtnet

Instead of:

TFN05027 – TFN05032
น าเงินเข้า/หักบัญชีธุรกรรมต่างประเทศ International Transction

Bahtnet is a Bank of Thailand funds transfer system....primarily used for larger sums.  It's primarily for local/domestic transfers within Thailand; however, it does interface with the SWIFT system.

https://www.bot.or.th/English/PaymentSystems/PSServices/bahtnet/Pages/default.aspx

So, if your foreign bank uses intermediary SWIFT routing that includes a Bahtnet SWIFT code, like the Bank of Thailand Bahtnet system SWIFT code of BOTHTHBP which is sometimes used with a final destination SWIFT code say for K-Bank, Bangkok Bank, SCB, etc., well, the final leg of your international transfer has now entered the Bahtnet system which receives domestic/local transfer coding at your Thai receiving bank. 

Each Thai bank uses its own unique coding.  Like Bangkok Bank uses FTT for an international transfer but BTN for a Bahtnet transfer.  K-bank uses different coding....TFN for SWIFT and TFO for Bahtnet.  SCB uses different coding to reflect international & local transfers....TMB uses different coding to reflect international & local transfers...etc.....etc.....etc.   You really can't control what routing your sending bank uses to get the money to you...and that routing may change over time as banks change intermediary bank/routing of funds.   Your sending bank goal is to get the money to your receiving bank....not to ensure it gets certain coding on the receiving end...coding it can't control as all banks use different coding, have different policies, different transfer systems, etc.

Heck, for US folks who switch from ACH to IDD to receive their social security/VA monthly payment, IDD uses the SWIFT system; however, the final leg of an IDD transfer occurs via Bahtnet which means instead of getting FTT coding at Bangkok Bank your get BTN (Bahtnet) coding...just another local Bahtnet transfer. 

Although the payment started off in the US, specifically from the Federal Reserve Bank of New York based on SSA payment instructions the SWIFT routing goes as follows: From the FedReserve Bank NY to Citibank Europe to Citibank Thailand...to Bank of Thailand Bahtnet system....then finally arriving your Thai bank acct where it will receive Bahtnet coding unique to your Thai bank. 

Bank of Thailand Bahtnet SWIFT Code

image.png.6d489a1bd445f2041555c5a61a37a96c.png

Once that final leg of an international transfer done via SWIFT/ACH/IDD/whatever then the receiving bank is going to code it as a local/domestic transfer.  

Now you can go to your Thai receiving bank and ask for a Credit Advice or if a BIG sum of money like over $50K dollars worth you can get a FET.   Some banks will give a FET or a FET-type letter for smaller sums.  The Thai bank may very well give your Credit Advice and it will show the funds originated internationally, OR the Thai bank may tell you that you must go to the other intermediary Thai bank that received the funds while still in the SWIFT system but then relayed those funds via the Bahtnet system to your receiving acct.  Like in the case of a SSA IDD payment they might refer you to Citibank Thailand.

And when it comes to getting a bank letter from your Thai bank listing the international transfers over the last 12 months so you can show that to immigration (that the letter immigration really wants....and many require) your Thai bank may "not" be willing to provide such a letter since the final coding was not international; but local Bahtnet transfer.  Your Thai bank might then tell you that you must go get the letter from the intermediary Thai bank that relayed the funds into the Bahtnet system.

It's all going to depend on "your" immigration office as to what documentation they will accept to prove your transfers were international.  Some will only accept a letter signed and stamped from your receiving bank listing the international transfers.  Some are OK just with your passbook showing the proper international coding.   But some simply do not want to deal with a bunch of foreign financial docs which can be faked/fraudulent....easy for anyone to create a Word Processing or PDF financial document that is totally bogus.  Much less likelihood of the doc being fake if it's a signed and stamped Thai bank document which immigration can also easily confirm is real by a call to the Thai bank.

If you can't get a Thai bank letter then some immigration offices are willing to accept 12 individual Credit Advices, maybe 12 individual Transferwise receipts, maybe other types of foreign civilian or government documentation, etc., if you can't get the desired Thai bank letter stating/listing the international transfers---but it's purely up to the individual immigration offices if they will accept. 

Recommendations to just go get Credit Advices, provide foreign docs, etc., because it should be fine, it worked for me, etc., are recommendations that "may/will" run into a tall wall,  a buzz-saw at some immigration offices....those offices which will only accept specific Thai bank documentation.   But it definitely worth a try...the try can be successful (or not).  I would definitely try as a person has nothing to lose. 

If a person gets international transfer coding on his Thai bank acct then he shouldn't have any problem with any immigration office in Thailand....but if some or all of the monthly transfers do not reflect international coding then it going to be up to that immigration office what they will accept in terms of alternate documentation.  This Is Thailand.

Imm sent me back to BB. BB acknowledge the deposits came from abroad, and gave me a supplementary report showing the transfer came from my source through Standard Charter Bank into my BB account. They gave me one of those for every month since April. The kind assistant manager at BB gave me her business card and said Imm could call her to explain. I don't have much hope that that will do any good, because Imm is so inflexible about their precious regulations, even when they're making them up on the fly.

If your Bangkok Bank manager will provide a letter listing each of those transfers as international then CM should accept that....that is what CM appears to want.   You bank manager could save you if providing such a letter.

But don't be surprised if your Bankgok Bank manager balks at preparing such a letter since their system does not reflect the international FTT coding...instead it received the local Bahtnet (BTN) coding.   While the bank branch will happily provide the Credit Advices which is really just reflecting routing of the transfer, they may not be willing to prepare and sign/stamp the letter that the transfer was international "simply because of the Bahtnet coding they received for the final leg of the transfer"....they may refer you to the Thai bank that relayed the transfer for such a letter.   Just a bank policy. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dazinoz said:

Originally I used the Commonwealth Bank in Oz to transfer money to Bangkok Bank, always FTT. End of 2018 I read about Transferwise so started using them as I got a better exchange rate. For the first 6 months showed as FTT then about May last year came through as SMT (Smartnet). I contacted Transferwise and they said they had changed banking arrangements in Thailand but would mark my account as transfers must goto BB but said may occasionally fail. But since then Transfers have shown as FTT.

At the same time last year, TW added a new reason for transfer: "Funds for long term stay in Thailand". This is the one you shall use. 

possible one problem to note..I had to change banks in the US due to Dept of justice/IRS new rules about overseas address of account holders and self only local bank acct in Thailand.  I made the mistake of the first payment fwd'd to Thailand from my bank in the US.. I sent Thai baht as the exchange rate was supposed to be the best plus it cost me less money to transfer the funds.  I immediately noted that the local bank id letters were for internal thus not allowed by IMM so I discussed it with the bank here and they said when I send Thai baht, it comes into a central banking system inside Thailand thus bahtnet code so I just send the funds in US dollars and it is noted as a foreign sourced funds acceptable to IMM.  On the other hand, the bank said they would provide me with a letter to IMM that all the funds I send either way would be noted as foreign sourced funds which should be accepted by IMM as long as the monthly amounts agree in the letter and bank book.  I have found the bank (mine branch in CM anyway to be very helpful in taking care of any of these problems.  I just hope it continues to be as helpful in case of further changes by IMM.  So far, the changes for me have made it cheaper sending funds and easier getting the long-stay exptension. here in CM and I don't have to pay the Embassy for any letter of funds verification, a win win for me!  But for you I wish you the best of luck!

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

It may have been the timing, (ie before the bank updates it's rates this morning), but look closely. I just looked at  Transferwise and their 'Low Cost Transfer Fee', was not so 'low cost' at 59GBP. My UK bank does free 'SWIFT' transfers and the receiving rate in Thailand makes this competitive... just the Thai Bank receiving charge of 500 baht to worry about. Transferwise have put their charges up. 

How much money do you have to transfer to get a 59GBP fee? About 400k? Check out a normal swift bank to bank transfer,and you'll see that the total cost including a bad exchange rate, sending and receiving fees will be higher than 59GBP.

There will be no sending/receiving fee using TW and the mid-market rate is much better. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chilly07 said:

Your simplest option this time is to use an agent. Secondly change to a Marriage Extension.

Then for next year deposit your pensions in a foreign bank and use TransferWise to move the requisite amounts monthly to Bangkok Bank which will show as FTT.

Since the recalcitrant embassies dumped us all in the mire I have done 12 mths of TransferWise FTT transfers (24 in all) all clearly identified as FTT in my Bangkok Bank account.

OP here. I agree. That's an accurate summary of where I stand now.

I never thought the embassies "dumped on us." What they did was ended a bogus, often-abused system by mutual agreement with the Thai government. As I said in my OP, I was one of the first to report that renewal was easy last year with no letter from the consulate. The problem originated, at least for us Yanks, in another part of our government, the anti-money-laundering part. Their directive that the whole world has to conform to the IAT format (described above) is what ultimately undid me.

4 hours ago, DUNROAMIN said:

Sorry to say that Thailand Immigration are a law unto themselves and every Immigration office/officer like to have their power trip. They are the worst government agency in this country, This is why hundreds of expats are leaving for a better country without all the hassles. I believe even the Thai police are above them.

You're complaining about immigration when you probably come from a country where your embassy doesn't issue income letters since January 1 2019. Am I right? 

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Please absorb my point. As far as I am concerned the true Transferwise 'rate' is nett of their 'Fee', which is high. The way TW presents it to you is a slight cover up, they deduct first deduct their 'fee' from the amount you wish to transfer in original currency..... then apply their 'no where close' rate.

If  I transfer xxx Sterling via my bank, Bangkok Bank receives same xxx Sterling, and converts it. No hidden extras there beyond 500 baht BB take. 

Anyhow, better not to say more, it will be deleted as off topic. 

Up to 80k, the receiving fee at Bangkok Bank is 200 baht. A 500 baht fee equals a 200k transfer or more. How often do you transfer that much. Most of the expats transfers their pension. I guess a few have more than 80k a month, but not that many compared to the rest.

5 hours ago, Crazy Noobie said:

I can relate to some of your issues. Last year, every time I turned around I received different information on what to do. I had my money transferred to Thailand and the code ended up being BAHTNET, instead of FTT. Which I found out later that meant it was going to a different bank in Thailand, then transferred to my local bank. I also had an issue with the banks changing the way things were transferred, as dropping the ACH and using the Swift method. The way I fixed everything, was to have all of my money from all sources to be direct deposited into my USA bank, which used the Swift method for transferring. Then in-turn the bank transferred my money to Thailand as US dollars, directly to my bank. So now I have no issues, as my bankbook shows the code of FTT and all of my money makes it to Thailand. Since I had some issues and I wanted no immigration issues, I used a local agent here in CM. As because of all of the above issues, I only had two months of showing FTT funds. So using an agent, everything went thru real smooth and I only spent 5 minutes at immigration to do my extension (retirement). Went in, sat down, was called to counter to have picture taken, sat down, then 3 minutes later, here is my passport, everything done. Didn't even talk to one person in immigration. For me, using an agent is the only way to go. So my suggestion to you is, use an agent this time around so you don't have any issues. It only cost me 5,500 baht for peace of mind.

BAHTNET means that the last leg of the transfer went through Bank of Thailand. It's still a foreign transfer and the bank letter/bank statement from your bank will show that. 

37 minutes ago, LawrenceN said:

OP here. I agree. That's an accurate summary of where I stand now.

I never thought the embassies "dumped on us." What they did was ended a bogus, often-abused system by mutual agreement with the Thai government. As I said in my OP, I was one of the first to report that renewal was easy last year with no letter from the consulate. The problem originated, at least for us Yanks, in another part of our government, the anti-money-laundering part. Their directive that the whole world has to conform to the IAT format (described above) is what ultimately undid me.

If you got the bank letter/statement from your bank showing your transfers as foreign,I don't see where your problem is. BAHTNET isn't a new thing and can be both domestic and foreign transfers. In your case the bank letter/statement will sort that out. Just go back to the immigration office and give it another try. It's just January 9. 

I would appreciate a confirmation that this is “ The bank letter “that chiang mai immigration requires , See below Photo from Bangkok Bangkok. If this is incorrect, can some one please show an example so that I can ask the Bangkok bank . 

Also, I am to make photo copies of my bank book that shows the 12 Ftt of 65k baht or more to supplement with the bank letter. Thanks for your confirmation .

B47B7D5D-7131-4579-86C4-90DB231B09FD.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

BAHTNET means that the last leg of the transfer went through Bank of Thailand. It's still a foreign transfer and the bank letter/bank statement from your bank will show that. 

But your Thai bank may not issue you a "letter" saying the Bahtnet transfer was really an international transfer due to the Bahtnet coding and bank policy. 

And the bank statement will not reflect international coding but Bahtnet coding.

Last year around Oct 2019 I was at the International Remittance Section of the main Bangkok Bank branch on Silom Rd, Bangkok in the HQ Bangkok Bank building.  This is the section that issues Credit Advices (for the main Silom branch and I think also other Bangkok Bank branches across Thailand when the branch must order the Credit Advice from HQ Bankgok Bank in Bangkok.

I was at the international remittance section to get some Credit Advices relating to the ACH IAT goatrope, SSA IDD, Transferwise transfers, etc., just to see if I could get them, see what they looked like, see the transfer routing, etc.   Credit Advices relating to me and a family member's transfers.  

Also to get a bank letter to immigration listing the international transfers...the letter with signature/stamp....what immigration really wants to see.  This was all for "satisfy my curiosity/for testing purposes" in case I ever decide to switch to a monthly income method...I've used the Bt800K large deposit method for over a decade and plan to continue such...and just to get smarter on the issue.  

Anyway, the Credit Advices clearly showed the transfers originated from the US.  Even the Social Security IDD transfers ended up getting Bahtnet coding....BTN....versus FTT.  But in preparing the letter the remittance section would "not" list any transfers on the letter that did not have FTT coding such as the Bahtnet/BTN coded transfers.   No FTT/International coding then it could not be listed on the letter to immigration although Credit Advice show the transfer originated in the US. 

Instead, a person would have to go to the intermediary Thai bank to get a letter for those Bahtnet transfers.  It was simply Bangkok Bank's policy the Remittance Section Rep told me face-to-face....don't know if it still is the policy.  But I do know I have read quite a few posts over the last six months where people had to go to the Thai intermediary bank to get the letter for the Bahtnet coded transfers because their receiving bank would not issue such a letter due to the Bahtnet coding....since the final leg of the transfer had arrived the receiving bank via the domestic transfer Bahtnet system. 

Policy of a person's individual immigration office and Thai bank is going to cause different results/headaches/challenges for different folks.   But if the person gets International Coding when the funds post to his bank account then it should be clear sailing with few if any challenges/headaches.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Presnock said:

possible one problem to note..I had to change banks in the US due to Dept of justice/IRS new rules about overseas address of account holders and self only local bank acct in Thailand.  I made the mistake of the first payment fwd'd to Thailand from my bank in the US.. I sent Thai baht as the exchange rate was supposed to be the best plus it cost me less money to transfer the funds.  I immediately noted that the local bank id letters were for internal thus not allowed by IMM so I discussed it with the bank here and they said when I send Thai baht, it comes into a central banking system inside Thailand thus bahtnet code so I just send the funds in US dollars and it is noted as a foreign sourced funds acceptable to IMM.  On the other hand, the bank said they would provide me with a letter to IMM that all the funds I send either way would be noted as foreign sourced funds which should be accepted by IMM as long as the monthly amounts agree in the letter and bank book.  I have found the bank (mine branch in CM anyway to be very helpful in taking care of any of these problems.  I just hope it continues to be as helpful in case of further changes by IMM.  So far, the changes for me have made it cheaper sending funds and easier getting the long-stay exptension. here in CM and I don't have to pay the Embassy for any letter of funds verification, a win win for me!  But for you I wish you the best of luck!

It doesn't seem cheaper and easier when you because of the non-existing income letter needs to get endless bank letters/statements and on top of that you transferred thai baht which is never a smart move. FYI, the changes at immigration regarding the requirements came because your embassy stopped issuing income letters. Don't blame immigration. The income letter from the US embassy was also very overpriced. My consulate charges 300 baht for an income letter and it would cost me 30 baht to get there and go back home. Can't complain about that. 

2 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Hi ThaylandRyan, thanks for response (did cut it short in the quote).

Yes, in your case it looks like the thai PacificCross policy you subscribed to earlier meets your actual needs AND meets the thai-approved health-insurance requirement imposed by IO when extending your permission to stay based on your original OA Visa.

That's a lucky combination. 

Because other retirees that have an international health-insurance policy or a non-approved thai health-insurance policy, experience that their application for extension of stay is denied (even if their policy provides way better coverage than the thai-approved ones).

So my comment that it is possible to escape the bogus thai health-insurance scam by converting to a Non Imm O - retirement Visa (surprisingly simple to do if you know how) was meant for those retirees that are already well-covered but are facing difficulties when doing their extension of stay.

Peter, Thanks for the clarification.  I know of several folks who are in that sinking boat of not being able to obtain insurance here because of age, but they do have insurance coverage based upon their military retirements from the U.S.  These folks are currently caught between a rock and a hard place.  The Thai Government needs to look at accepting these policies, and as Sheryl has stated, we hope the foreign governments can get the Thais to understand the hard spot they have placed these folks in.  Once again thank you for all your assistance to those needing to simplify their Visa and extension processes so they can continue living here as they have for decades already.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pib said:

Bahtnet is a Bank of Thailand funds transfer system....primarily used for larger sums.  It's primarily for local/domestic transfers within Thailand; however, it does interface with the SWIFT system.

https://www.bot.or.th/English/PaymentSystems/PSServices/bahtnet/Pages/default.aspx

So, if your foreign bank uses intermediary SWIFT routing that includes a Bahtnet SWIFT code, like the Bank of Thailand Bahtnet system SWIFT code of BOTHTHBP which is sometimes used with a final destination SWIFT code say for K-Bank, Bangkok Bank, SCB, etc., well, the final leg of your international transfer has now entered the Bahtnet system which receives domestic/local transfer coding at your Thai receiving bank. 

Each Thai bank uses its own unique coding.  Like Bangkok Bank uses FTT for an international transfer but BTN for a Bahtnet transfer.  K-bank uses different coding....TFN for SWIFT and TFO for Bahtnet.  SCB uses different coding to reflect international & local transfers....TMB uses different coding to reflect international & local transfers...etc.....etc.....etc.   You really can't control what routing your sending bank uses to get the money to you...and that routing may change over time as banks change intermediary bank/routing of funds.   Your sending bank goal is to get the money to your receiving bank....not to ensure it gets certain coding on the receiving end...coding it can't control as all banks use different coding, have different policies, different transfer systems, etc.

Heck, for US folks who switch from ACH to IDD to receive their social security/VA monthly payment, IDD uses the SWIFT system; however, the final leg of an IDD transfer occurs via Bahtnet which means instead of getting FTT coding at Bangkok Bank your get BTN (Bahtnet) coding...just another local Bahtnet transfer. 

Although the payment started off in the US, specifically from the Federal Reserve Bank of New York based on SSA payment instructions the SWIFT routing goes as follows: From the FedReserve Bank NY to Citibank Europe to Citibank Thailand...to Bank of Thailand Bahtnet system....then finally arriving your Thai bank acct where it will receive Bahtnet coding unique to your Thai bank. 

Bank of Thailand Bahtnet SWIFT Code

image.png.6d489a1bd445f2041555c5a61a37a96c.png

Once that final leg of an international transfer done via SWIFT/ACH/IDD/whatever then the receiving bank is going to code it as a local/domestic transfer.  

Now you can go to your Thai receiving bank and ask for a Credit Advice or if a BIG sum of money like over $50K dollars worth you can get a FET.   Some banks will give a FET or a FET-type letter for smaller sums.  The Thai bank may very well give your Credit Advice and it will show the funds originated internationally, OR the Thai bank may tell you that you must go to the other intermediary Thai bank that received the funds while still in the SWIFT system but then relayed those funds via the Bahtnet system to your receiving acct.  Like in the case of a SSA IDD payment they might refer you to Citibank Thailand.

And when it comes to getting a bank letter from your Thai bank listing the international transfers over the last 12 months so you can show that to immigration (that the letter immigration really wants....and many require) your Thai bank may "not" be willing to provide such a letter since the final coding was not international; but local Bahtnet transfer.  Your Thai bank might then tell you that you must go get the letter from the intermediary Thai bank that relayed the funds into the Bahtnet system.

It's all going to depend on "your" immigration office as to what documentation they will accept to prove your transfers were international.  Some will only accept a letter signed and stamped from your receiving bank listing the international transfers.  Some are OK just with your passbook showing the proper international coding.   But some simply do not want to deal with a bunch of foreign financial docs which can be faked/fraudulent....easy for anyone to create a Word Processing or PDF financial document that is totally bogus.  Much less likelihood of the doc being fake if it's a signed and stamped Thai bank document which immigration can also easily confirm is real by a call to the Thai bank.

If you can't get a Thai bank letter then some immigration offices are willing to accept 12 individual Credit Advices, maybe 12 individual Transferwise receipts, maybe other types of foreign civilian or government documentation, etc., if you can't get the desired Thai bank letter stating/listing the international transfers---but it's purely up to the individual immigration offices if they will accept. 

Recommendations to just go get Credit Advices, provide foreign docs, etc., because it should be fine, it worked for me, etc., are recommendations that "may/will" run into a tall wall,  a buzz-saw at some immigration offices....those offices which will only accept specific Thai bank documentation.   But it definitely worth a try...the try can be successful (or not).  I would definitely try as a person has nothing to lose. 

If a person gets international transfer coding on his Thai bank acct then he shouldn't have any problem with any immigration office in Thailand....but if some or all of the monthly transfers do not reflect international coding then it going to be up to that immigration office what they will accept in terms of alternate documentation.  This Is Thailand.

Pib,

All I can say is truly thank you for the education as far as the transaction history and details.  You definitely took the time to lay it all out which I appreciate greatly.

2 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

As per your own thinking just convert to the 800k route and avoid all this nonsense.

Looks like its the easiest way.  I just have a problem with that amount of money sitting and making little instead of more.  However, one needs to look at the low interest as helping reduce the end result of a huge headache.

6 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Looks like its the easiest way.  I just have a problem with that amount of money sitting and making little instead of more.  However, one needs to look at the low interest as helping reduce the end result of a huge headache.

A Fixed Deposit Account's interest rate isn't that bad. 3-4 times higher than having the money in a savings account. 

2 hours ago, Max69xl said:

At the same time last year, TW added a new reason for transfer: "Funds for long term stay in Thailand". This is the one you shall use. 

I have never used that reason and still get it as FTT except that one time but I will use it from now on.

2 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

A Fixed Deposit Account's interest rate isn't that bad. 3-4 times higher than having the money in a savings account. 

Thank you Max, once I have the funds in total here in my Kasikorn account I will make the move to an FDA.  I wish I could just pull the trigger now, but all of my money in the U.S. is in a ladder type of CD system, where the first amounts I can remove will not be until June.  However, I am not in quite an urgent need as some others here based upon still having a while before an extension of stay is needed.  I was asking the questions I did so that others who needed the relevant answers received the info.  Thanks to Pib, and Peter, the answers were clear.

20 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Maybe think of the monthly transfer fees saved as partial replacement for the low interest. 

Say that savings ends up to be around 1% on Bt800K.  Add that 1% to whatever interest the money is earning in the Thai bank...if in an acct say earning 1%, well, you are effectively earning 2%.  Then add-in the fewer headaches and peace of mind factors for your final result.

12 hours ago, legend49 said:

You have a good bank, HSBC increased my international transfers from $22 to $50. No wonder the banks are rich.

My bank is Bank of America in USA.  My US Gov pension goes directly to it. I then used to go online and do an ACH transfre to Bangkok Bank NYC but we cannot do that now. However  I can do a domestic wire transfer to BKK Bank ($30) and they will transfer the money to my BKK Bank here in Bangkok or I can do a International Wire transfer ($45) directly to my BKK Bank account here.