Non-O Thai Child Visa

Hi, does anyone KNOW about this type of Visa? I'm gonna apply for it and one of the things I need is a proof of income of 40000 baht per month or 400000 baht in my Thai account...so to my question: after applying for that visa and showing them proof that I have the 400000 in Thai account, do I need to continue to have that much money in my account or is it enough to have it there when applying only?

Aaah, and another question...why do I need to have 21 days on my visa that I have now to apply for the Non-O Thai child visa?

Best regards

Whether you need 21 days remaining depends upon where you are applying for the non-o visa. Not required at a embassy or consulate but it is needed to apply for a non immigrant visa at immigration.

If you already have a 90 day entry from non-o visa you can apply for the the extension of stay based upon being the parent of a Thai during the last 30 day of it up to the last day.

The 400k baht only needs to be in the bank on the day you apply according to the rules but some offices will want it to be there two months. There is no requirement to keep it in the bank for any amount of time after you apply  but many offices will want it to be in the bank at the end of the 30 day under consideration period when you return for the one year extension stamp.

Are you the legal parent of your child by way of marriage or legitimization of your parenthood.

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Whether you need 21 days remaining depends upon where you are applying for the non-o visa. Not required at a embassy or consulate but it is needed to apply for a non immigrant visa at immigration.

If you already have a 90 day entry from non-o visa you can apply for the the extension of stay based upon being the parent of a Thai during the last 30 day of it up to the last day.

The 400k baht only needs to be in the bank on the day you apply according to the rules but some offices will want it to be there two months. There is no requirement to keep it in the bank for any amount of time after you apply  but many offices will want it to be in the bank at the end of the 30 day under consideration period when you return for the one year extension stamp.

Are you the legal parent of your child by way of marriage or legitimization of your parenthood.

Well, it's to apply for the Non-O Thai child visa through the immigration in Chiang Mai.

I only have the on-arrival tourist "visa".

What do you mean with "legal" parent? The only thing I have is the results of DNA test and when the baby was born, we registered it and in the paper it says I am the father, don't know what other documents are required. Actually to register the baby as Swedish (I have Swedish citizenship), I will need some other paper (civil register) that I have no clue of, but that is another topic

On 1/10/2020 at 3:41 PM, Cristiancjb said:

Well, it's to apply for the Non-O Thai child visa through the immigration in Chiang Mai.

I only have the on-arrival tourist "visa".

You will need 21 day remaining on your 30 day visa exempt entry or the 30 day extension of it to apply for a 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) entry at Chiang Mai immigration.

See here for the requirments. https://division1.immigration.go.th/download/1551323090010.pdf Note that it says 15 days but Chiang Mai requires 21 days.

On 1/10/2020 at 3:41 PM, Cristiancjb said:

What do you mean with "legal" parent? The only thing I have is the results of DNA test and when the baby was born, we registered it and in the paper it says I am the father, don't know what other documents are required. Actually to register the baby as Swedish (I have Swedish citizenship), I will need some other paper (civil register) that I have no clue of, but that is another topic

Your name on your child's birth certificate does not make you the legal father of your child.

See this topic about it. https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/381917-how-to-gain-parental-rights-as-a-father/

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, so in the end, we had to go the court to start the process so that I get a paper from them that I am the legal father...so we applied and have to go first to the Chiang Mai Child Protection center, we have an appointment on Friday...

Does anybody know why we need to go there (what's their role in this whole process?) and what questions they will ask us/me? Apparently we have to bring someone that can speak English and translate for me (don't know why my girlfriend is not allowed to do it herself)

Thanks for info

9 hours ago, Cristiancjb said:

Does anybody know why we need to go there (what's their role in this whole process?) and what questions they will ask us/me? Apparently we have to bring someone that can speak English and translate for me (don't know why my girlfriend is not allowed to do it herself)

I suggest you have a look at this pinned topic and post any question you have on that forum.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/381917-how-to-gain-parental-rights-as-a-father/