Video: Thieving tourists strike again! Brazen foreigners look innocent - but they are not!

webfact

6 hours ago, thequietman said:
9 hours ago, webfact said:

That one got away but on 6th December he caught a man stealing a shirt - the tourist paid up so the police were not called. 

So ....... he was a customer then.

Only once it had been established that he was a thief.

Edited by Just Weird

9 hours ago, webfact said:

A Koh Phi Phi shopkeeper has once again hit out at foreigners stealing from his clothes shop. Four foreigners have tried to steal stuff from him in the last two months alone.

At least hey don't walk in with a loaded gun and blow him away.... get things into perspective!

, I hate thieves, especially the lowlife ones who go to a 3rd world country to steal, They should go to jail, even for a 300 baht shirt. Any posters who side with these thieves, are maybe the same caliber of people, just my opinion.    I have even seen a European

grab an item at the walking street in Hua Hin. Thankfully the strong lady across from

where the jerk did his crime, spotted him in action. She came across and grabbed him and tossed him to the ground, then the owner came and they extracted the item from him

and he ran away. It was the best entertainment I had that evening.

Geezer

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

, I hate thieves, especially the lowlife ones who go to a 3rd world country to steal, They should go to jail, even for a 300 baht shirt. Any posters who side with these thieves, are maybe the same caliber of people, just my opinion.    I have even seen a European

grab an item at the walking street in Hua Hin. Thankfully the strong lady across from

where the jerk did his crime, spotted him in action. She came across and grabbed him and tossed him to the ground, then the owner came and they extracted the item from him

and he ran away. It was the best entertainment I had that evening.

Geezer

I agree. You have to be the lowest of the low to do that.

18 hours ago, Brigante7 said:

There seems to be a pattern forming here, start phoning the police or stop moaning.

Brigante7.

No it's more fun to film it and blame those nasty farangs which all thai hate already...this shopowner feels very proud to publish it. 

For me it just shows how bad the police works by the fact that they won't call them.

16 hours ago, yankyoakum said:

Turn them in, take their passports and let them explain to their embassies why they need help. Don't make an example they keep doing it...Makes the rest of the fulongs look bad..we don't need any help..

What's a "fulong" just asking?

18 hours ago, Proper person said:

Reality check.???? I think you need a reality check.

They are not ripping off anyone.  They state their price then up to the customer if they buy or not. It's as simple as that. 

And as for making 100's of 1000's of Baht per month is laughable. You really need to wake up to the real world instead of village life in Sisaket. 

They state their price by what they need or want that day or how gullible the punter looks....very few of these shops have prices attached...still no excuse for stealing though

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 5:15 AM, webfact said:

the tourist paid up so the police were not called. 

Stupid not to call the police.

Just one thing to do: make them pay the owner the sale price x10 and a one way trip to "Bangkok Hilton " for the rest of his/her trip. Then with his/her own ticket back home.

Within six months this "tourist" problem on KPP, and else in Thailand, will be gone.

On 1/10/2020 at 5:13 PM, Proper person said:

Reality check.???? I think you need a reality check.

They are not ripping off anyone.  They state their price then up to the customer if they buy or not. It's as simple as that. 

And as for making 100's of 1000's of Baht per month is laughable. You really need to wake up to the real world instead of village life in Sisaket. 

It really depends on where you live. The street food vendors in Naithon and Laguna Phuket make between 1 million to 4 million baht profit per month. Shrimp fried rice is their main revenue. I know one of the street vendors well and he just bought a Mercedes SLC 300 for 4.3 million baht which is an absurd ripoff. The tattoo shops in Patong also rake it in. I know one famous tattoo shop that does 6 million baht revenue per week. You would be surprised what many of these Thai street vendors and small shops make. There was a guy in my wife’s home village, street food vendor his entire life, recently passed and had a whopping 60 million baht in his bank account. Everyone in his family was shocked that he was so wealthy as he lived and pretended to be poor. His wife and children had no idea their inheritance would be so beefy. Many Thais that appear poor aren’t poor at all. Thais are notorious hoarders ofmoney. They aren’t as susceptible to materialism as Western folk.

Edited by Duck J Butters
  • Like 1

On 1/10/2020 at 3:40 PM, kensisaket said:

Reality check.  You need to stop complaining about losing 300 baht of the hundreds of thousands of baht you are making per month off those same people you are ripping off with your jacked up prices. Who is the real thief in this story?

Seriously? You think a small shop owner nets or even grosses 'hundred of thousands' every month of every year?

Have you ever heard the term 'high season'? What do you suppose that means? 

Perhaps you aren't stupid but your comment was certainly ill-considered at best and purposely inflammatory at worst.