Police issue shoot to kill order in the search for thief who killed 3 in gold heist

rooster59

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

The man who committed that crime deserves to be shot, but giving police orders shoot to kill is wrong.

So any policeman who has a grievance against someone, shoots/ kills, then says ohh sorry i made a mistake, frightening thought.

They did not give orders to SHOOT ANYONE.

They gave orders to shoot this scum bag if he resists.

The man who committed that crime deserves to be shot, but giving police orders shoot to kill is wrong.

So any policeman who has a grievance against someone, shoots/ kills, then says ohh sorry i made a mistake, frightening thought.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

The guy looks to be wearing a rectangular white faced watch and I expect with a leather band. Seiko and Citizen make rectangular white face watches. Also the guy is medium to large build so he is likely to be in the 68kg-76kg weight range. 

I have a Seiko white faced watch and also weigh 70 kg.... I think I'll stay home for the next week, send the missus out for beer!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

I agree with you, but this is actually a misinterpretation, as is the headline. The police were actually ordered to: 'track the robber down and to shoot to kill if he resists arrest'. Even the British police, who are very reluctant to use lethal force, would have such rules of engagement.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dukeleto said:

From where I come from its always been referred to as a "Silencer" In fact, in every movie I have seen where someone refers to it I have never heard it called anything else but a silencer. As most movies come out of the USA its strange I have never heard it called anything else but you learn something every day I guess.

This my understanding of the other words you mentioned.

Can - Something food is preserved in for long periods or a prison.

Muffler - Car or Bike Exhaust specifically the part that reduces the exhaust pipes noise

Maxim - Machine Gun

In England they are always referred to as a "moderator" and listed as such on a firearms licence by the police.

They come under many names, technical and street slang.

• Like 1

not only that but announcing such an order gives "nothing to lose" desperation to the perp and he won't wont care about how many innocents he takes out.

thai logic at its best

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Thats a good question, Yezhster, what do the pros say.

Well I sent the vids to a LE friend of mine (like real LE, old like me with years of fun with homiced and then the Fed before) and his paraprhased comments are:

1. The guy doesnt move like he was trained, he moves like a video game wannabe.

2. "Robbers" dont use cans and kill civilians unless they are either mentally ill in the freakzoid gun/military/loser sense or doing something political. The use of a can and the murder leads to those concusions. But look at the backpack and shoes, its like he cheaped out on the ninja outfit.

3. But if he was mentally ill gun nut, where did he get a can in Thailand (assuming its real). Yes they are easy to make, so that would need to be checked. But the blowups look better than  home made.

4. If not homemade, where did he get it? Thats the key. The guy needs to be squeezed. And every one he mentions needs to be sqeezed. Something like this, everyone who even <deleted> next to the guy would get slapped with some charges.

5. Have all the relationships between the victims been checked? The owners of the Shop? Are they checking political aspects?

I havent emailed him about the shoot to kill yet. He might join here and read my posts about Thermae, wherein I had a wonderful affaire de coeur the other night.

What is LE?

(I gave up at page 2)

Edited by evadgib

Their country............their way.  Maybe if liberal countries were tough on crime.........crime wouldn't exist at the level it does. They would rather pander to the bad guys and coddle them like babies than get tough with them in Western countries.  European countries are weak and the world sees them as such.

• Confused 2

This was no ordinary somchai, that we well know.   If it was an assassin attempt, who was the hit on? A 2 year old kid.....a 300 baht a day security guard.....no.  By now the assassin has already disappeared like a fart in the wind. If he is well trained military he will be hard to track.  I would say the cops have about zero percent chance of getting him.  So we are unlike to see anyone shot on sight anytime soon.....except a mistaken identity shooting.  Opps!

3 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Well Kwaibah, you gave me a sad emoji, I assume becasue I say he needs to be captured and interrogated?

Well he had a Can on the pistol. Where did he get a Can (which are usually European or American or Chinese made)?

How did he chose that shop?

How was he planning to unload the gold?

Where did he get the gun?

Ordniary robbers dont attach cans to their guns. The USA has thousands and thousands of legal Suppressors and virtually none are ever used in crimes. Robbers dont rob with cans. Why was this guy using one?

Arent those questions worth answering in a proper investigation.?

Cans are very easy to make. Give me some pipe, some screen, and engine freeze plugs to fit and I can have one built in an hour. Doesn't matter with a proper investigation.  The dude killed people and would face the death penalty anyway so why not just speed the process up? If the US did that we would save billions a hear on death row thugs that could have been terminated the same way.

3 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

All of these people screaming "why kill they guy, why not do a proper investigation."  Come on. Their country their way! Does it really matter? The guy killed 3 people and would have gotten the death penalty anyway.  Why not just speed the process up and not risk the potential of a hostage situation or stray bullets from the guy shooting at cops that could kill innocent people. If more countries were tough like that they could save billions on prison costs and court cases especially if they are going to get life or the death penalty anyway. Eff them.......the are thugs and bad people.  Why coddle them when few ever change their ways?  Western countries are too weak thanks to the liberals that don't want to offend anyone with "political correctness"  Again, he's a punk thug.........kill him.......he will just get reincarnated as a fly anyway. 

• Like 1

no mercy for this guy. should be beaten to death by an angry mob. Glad Thailand isnt a sissy liberal western country that would give him a laywer who argues theguy had a bad childhood.

what a deep tragedy for that family losing a two year old child. How can anybody do that?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JetSetFvr said:

Cans are very easy to make. Give me some pipe, some screen, and engine freeze plugs to fit and I can have one built in an hour. Doesn't matter with a proper investigation.  The dude killed people and would face the death penalty anyway so why not just speed the process up? If the US did that we would save billions a hear on death row thugs that could have been terminated the same way.

Can buy a solvent trap on aliexpress for a few $$$.

11 minutes ago, Grumpy John said:

This was no ordinary somchai, that we well know.   If it was an assassin attempt, who was the hit on? A 2 year old kid.....a 300 baht a day security guard.....no.  By now the assassin has already disappeared like a fart in the wind. If he is well trained military he will be hard to track.  I would say the cops have about zero percent chance of getting him.  So we are unlike to see anyone shot on sight anytime soon.....except a mistaken identity shooting.  Opps!

He was hardly a well trained serviceman. In my 8 years of service and having worked with the Thai Marines having been a US Marine........this guy is far too sloppy and most likely a wanna be bad ass opportunist thief.  You can get boots anywhere. Thai Military aren't really the sharpest crayons in the box and aren't trained to half the abilities of other countries therefore.........he wouldn't know how to disappear like a "fart in the wind."  Most have little money to do it anyway.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

ow does this need a cover up? no questions asked?

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

to me this smells like a cover up, maybe the guy is a cop?

• Like 1

All I can think of is the two year old.  Out with his guardian,  full of wonder and amazement, then bang.  I seen the video of him being shot and aftermath.  I was in tears.

Indeed capture,  interrogate make sure the right animal. Torture. Doctors standby to Revive.  Rinse and repeat. Very dark thoughts but seriously,  who points a gun at a two year old and fires,  let alone all the other innocent people.