Police issue shoot to kill order in the search for thief who killed 3 in gold heist

rooster59

3 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

A Sound Supressor in Technical Lingo, a Muffler or a Maxim in Historical Lingo, a Silencer in comic book/hollywood lingo, a Can in MIlitary/LE Lingo

Can is slang..........military/LE lingo it's a Suppressor.  They only say "can" in the video games.  This former US Marine infantryman of 8 years would know. If you were to call a "magazine" a "clip" you would be laughed at in the same circles.  It's a Magazine and suppressor.....plain and simple. 

3 hours ago, Denim said:

Lots of military bases around Lop Buri. My guess is that he was or is a member of the armed forces.

Regardless,his days of living are numbered. Rightly so.

Doubtful. You can get boots anywhere and military have more respect and discipline to do that. They wouldn't go from being the top of a caste system with respect to a low laying thug punk.

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Personally I would be asking the mafia and gangster underground to help, I think this guy has connection there and they would more than likely hand him over - for a favourable blind eye without an envelope

"Hey mafia gangster member.........do you know who did this?"  'Nope".  They wouldn't say <deleted> if they did know.

3 hours ago, meechai said:

I would disagree

He shoots like someone who is if not well trained then well practiced.

A normal person does not double tap multiple targets all in center mass or head shots especially under

pressure/excitement of such a moment. 

If I were looking for this guy I would first check all nearby shooting clubs for shooters who compete

regularly in IPSC type practical shooting competitions

Thailand doesn't have IPSC........anyone that watches YouTube to learn will know to double tap. Many video games in the training sections teach people to double tap.  All shots were prob no further away then 10 feet.  One could just point and shoot without sight alignment and make those shots.  The guy was a wanna be bad guy that got boots at a market or yard sale, bought the gun underground. Not hard to find.

3 hours ago, mokwit said:

My answers to some things

he shot the people at the counter just to clear them out of the way- that is how it looks to me.

Use of supressor - either it came with the gun and he did not know it could be unscrewed ) unlikely given his firearm proficiency) or more likely it came with the gun and he knew suppressed shots would not alert any police or security in the vicinity thus increasing his chance of a successful robbery - arguably he might have had it fitted for this reason.

Shoot to kill order - hehas gunned down 5 people without a qualm including a 2 year old and a schoolgirl. Police cannot be expected to put their lives at risk by not taking the first shot if the opportunity presents - especially in view of his seeming firearms proficiency.

Real motive other than robbery - I would have thought it would be an unpleasant but necessary part of the investigation to check if the counter staff had a relationship problem i.e. the jealous male murdering his ex as has happened - only this time afforded the opportunity of covering that with a seeming robbery.

If someone has a beef with someone they wouldn't go to a public place to risk other people's lives. Crimes of "passion" are most always done in private. It was just a theft of opportunity IMH professional opinion that went bad. 

How odd that we have returned to Thaksin era tactics. I remember a time during the war on drugs when shoot to kill orders were military SOP. Some westerners got their knickers in a knot over that policy. Personally, I don't get involved in these domestic spats, but I don't want to end up collateral damage when some guy decides to take out at an assumed criminal.

2 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

won’t be long, someone out there will click on when he starts trying to sell the gold. He’s earned everyone’s hate, the criminal gangs will grass on this one.

He will most likely melt it down and sell it on the black market...........at least I would.

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

Kwaibah did the same with my post, he should stop and think about it.

About 70 ks from where kwaibah lives there was an incident maybe 17/18 years ago, when a policeman shot and killed a teenage boy, at the time police were looking for a young man reported to have stolen a large amount of money.

The teenage boys family had been in dispute with the policemans family for a long time, and when the teenager was seen by the policeman, bang your dead, later claimed to be mistaken identity.

oh guys, I think it is just poor old khwaibah's way of saying the the story makes him sad.

• Confused 1

About 70 ks from where kwaibah lives there was an incident maybe 17/18 years ago, when a policeman shot and killed a teenage boy, at the time police were looking for a young man reported to have stolen a large amount of money.

The teenage boys family had been in dispute with the policemans family for a long time, and when the teenager was seen by the policeman, bang your dead, later claimed to be mistaken identity.

There's a big difference between your story of a policeman taking revenge and a senior policeman issuing a shoot to kill order for a dangerous criminal.

Shoot-to-kill order + bumbling RTP = people should just stay indoors after dark.

A bunch of bumbling clowns bouncing around, (and as the saying goes) locked, cocked and ready to rock. Not a comforting thought.

As some posters here have mentioned, I do hope he can be put down (or whatever they want to do with this pond scum) AFTER he has gone through proper interrogation. There is more to this case and I think it shouldn't be closed with a simple kill-shot. That is assuming the clowns shoot the right person, to start with.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JetSetFvr said:

If someone has a beef with someone they wouldn't go to a public place to risk other people's lives. Crimes of "passion" are most always done in private. It was just a theft of opportunity IMH professional opinion that went bad. 

I can think of at least two where it was done in shopping centres. In one case I think a bystander was also shot. HTH

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nickmondo said:

absolutel madness to the fore in Thailand again.

This country is just insane at times.

So a cop is now identifying the correct person, or just someone they think might be him and shoot him.

What is the matter with these plonkers?

well..............if you had read it you would see the article says. "if he resists"

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, JetSetFvr said:

Thailand doesn't have IPSC........

Thailand Practical Shooting Association (THPSA) (สมาคมกีฬายิงปืนรณยุทธแห่งประเทศไทย) is the Thai association for practical shooting under the International Practical Shooting Confederation.

• Like 1

kwaibah only has the one emoji he seem to use it on every reply

• Thanks 1

The man who committed that crime deserves to be shot, but giving police orders shoot to kill is wrong.

So any policeman who has a grievance against someone, shoots/ kills, then says ohh sorry i made a mistake, frightening thought.

We know this country, whose to say the very people who have given this order may be recipient's of some of the loot. Dead men don't tell tales.

A bit of a conspiracy theory I admit but you never know. 

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Similarly I thought the announcement of the "dead or alive" reward was all wrong for exactly the same reason Colin described.

Anyone could end up seriously hurt or dead on a "suspicion" and that's wrong.

I agree. The culprit should receive the most severe punishment but if to be shot on sight where does the innocent until proven guilty come in? If the police become judge and jury where does that leave the justice system?

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

He took very little gold. It was not about the gold. Also he was very good at handling a firearm with the silencer on it. This was no accident and he was well trained to a point.

...apart from shooting a kid?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

The man who committed that crime deserves to be shot, but giving police orders shoot to kill is wrong.

So any policeman who has a grievance against someone, shoots/ kills, then says ohh sorry i made a mistake, frightening thought.

The police have not been given orders to shoot to kill!  They're been told to shoot to kill only if he resists arrest.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Similarly I thought the announcement of the "dead or alive" reward was all wrong for exactly the same reason Colin described.

Anyone could end up seriously hurt or dead on a "suspicion" and that's wrong.

Charlie, the announcement was this, 

"The police have been ordered to track the robber down and to shoot to kill if he resists arrest"

I wonder why that very relevant part is being ignored by some Thaivisa posters?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

It’s said shoot to kill if he resists

• Confused 1