Aurora vows to compensate victims of deadly gold heist in Lopburi

rooster59

Aurora vows to compensate victims of deadly gold heist in Lopburi

By THE NATION

800_e61f05ba1d55767.jpg

Aurora has pledged to compensate the kin of three people who were shot dead and the four who were injured during an armed robbery at its gold shop on Thursday in Lopburi province.

Aurora Design’s business development director, Anirut Srirungtham, said the company will compensate as much as possible for the heist at Robinson Department Store. The three people were killed and four injured when a lone gunman fired bullets before robbing the shop.

Anirut said that he had not seen cruelty like this before and thought the gunman’s main aim was murder and not robbery. “In my opinion, this operation was pre-planned,” he added.

When asked why robbers always targeted Aurora gold shops, he said he did not think their aim was to discredit his company.

Anirut said his company would discuss security issues with the department store.

“Aurora Design has a policy of not letting our employees encounter robbers face to face. Our aim is to prevent a violent incident at branches,” he added. “Moreover, at each shop, there are buttons to alert the Aurora headquarters”.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30380417

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-01-12
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

When asked why robbers always targeted Aurora gold shops, he said he did not think their aim was to discredit his company.

Yeah right, as if this is what's a on a robbers minds, Humm, who can we hit today kill people in the sole purpose to discredit their reputations?...

I tell ya, some of the rubbish people says, on the other hands, Kudos for doing the right thing even though it was not their fault...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rooster59 said:

“Aurora Design has a policy of not letting our employees encounter robbers face to face. Our aim is to prevent a violent incident at branches,” he added. “Moreover, at each shop, there are buttons to alert the Aurora headquarters”.

Complete garbage....

A policy of not letting employees coming face to face with robbers... so where's the protection?

How do you prevent violence with no screens?

A button to alert headquarters... that's as useful as a boil on my backside!

Your shops are OPEN PLANNED which makes them an easy target... stop talking BS!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, sturdyd said:

"compensate as much as possible" Huh? What does that mean? As much as possible? So give them the company? What compensation can replace a two year old? Need a little elaboration.

When the parents from that murdered british girl from koh-tsao came to Thailand they asked them what the problem was since they could make a new daughter....

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Complete garbage....

A policy of not letting employees coming face to face with robbers... so where's the protection?

Also i have never seen a serious security guard in Thailand, always old thin skinny men, they mostly don't even have a gun.

When my wife saw how policemen, security and soldiers in Europe look she was really impressed.

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Complete garbage....

I don't understand that gold shops are not robbed more often...there's hundreds of necklaces hanging there behind the ladies...and mostly no guard to be seen...yes one at the door of the mall but he's unarmed.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Complete garbage....

He's not listening to you anymore than he's reading this!

10 hours ago, sturdyd said:

"compensate as much as possible" Huh? What does that mean? As much as possible? So give them the company? What compensation can replace a two year old? Need a little elaboration.

At least they are doing something for Christ sake 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Your shops are OPEN PLANNED which makes them an easy target...

We live in a small town had 3 gold shops now eight. All that I’ve seen have an armed police usually sitting in chair in front of shop. 

As far as I know only one was robbed in the past four years..

4 hours ago, Thian said:

I don't understand that gold shops are not robbed more often...there's hundreds of necklaces hanging there behind the ladies...and mostly no guard to be seen...yes one at the door of the mall but he's unarmed.

It does, you must know most crimes dont get published to English news (thai visa, Bangkok post) I thought that was obviously hence why there is so few crime news everyday on thai visa news etc.

some day ago 1 teenager was shot dead and 11 hurt in concert shooting in buriram, not a word in English speaking thai news.

24 minutes ago, ta158 said:

It does, you must know most crimes dont get published to English news (thai visa, Bangkok post) I thought that was obviously hence why there is so few crime news everyday on thai visa news etc.

some day ago 1 teenager was shot dead and 11 hurt in concert shooting in buriram, not a word in English speaking thai news.

Nothing that might be read outside Thailand then? Wouldn't want to PO Prayuth by countering what TAT says about TL.

Obviously.

36 minutes ago, ta158 said:
5 hours ago, Thian said:

Yes the BKK-post also has a lot more news about shootings than this forum.

But if those goldshops were robbed often they sure would have big guns guarding them like i've seen in India. Mostly i don't see any guard at all, maybe an old skinny grandpa sitting there but i never saw them with a gun.

And those shops have huge amounts of gold hanging there, easy 10kg or more...that's half a million us$ so they better protect it well.

13 minutes ago, Thian said:

Yes the BKK-post also has a lot more news about shootings than this forum.

But if those goldshops were robbed often they sure would have big guns guarding them like i've seen in India. Mostly i don't see any guard at all, maybe an old skinny grandpa sitting there but i never saw them with a gun.

And those shops have huge amounts of gold hanging there, easy 10kg or more...that's half a million us$ so they better protect it well.

In some ways at least, the frequency of commission, and certainly the frequency of reporting of gold store hold-ups has increased out of sight in the past few years. A more cynical retiree might even say it reflects a more general breakdown in Thai society, conflicts between Thais, motorcycle racing, lawlessness on the road, lots of anecdotal evidence to be had.

Nothing whatever to do with foreigners , but impossible to ignore by them.

Edited by ParkerN
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Thian said:

True, I'm sure if it was so bad they would have more "guards" personally I hope it doesn't come to that! I moved out of the PI years ago and one of the reasons were all the "cowboy" heavily armed security guards everywhere,  they were a lot scarier than a potential robber!

5 hours ago, ParkerN said:

Nothing that might be read outside Thailand then? Wouldn't want to PO Prayuth by countering what TAT says about TL.

Obviously.

The main reason that this story is such big news is that an innocent 2 year old

child was cruelly murdered and 2 others also died. The fact that a good shop was 

being robbed is way, way back in 2nd place as far as the horror of the story is concerned.