Non-O BOR conversion in Jomtien Checklist

Hello all,

I am getting ready this week to submit my paperwork for a tourist stamp conversion to Non-O based  on retirement and just want to make sure I have all my ducks in a row and I'm not forgetting something here. Specifically, will be submitting at the Jomtien office. I'm going to try to go 22 days in advance of my visa stamp extension expiration date just in case. Not sure if they will have a problem with such an earlier appearance. I believe for the conversion at Jomtien they require 15 days in advance of visa expiry? 

I will get my bank book updated same day as I go to Jomtien. I need to get a bank guarantee letter as well (not exactly sure what this is, but I believe it confirms existence of account and current balance, correct?) I have seen in other posts dealing with annual extensions that they are requiring a bank statement as well showing all transactions for a period of time (which could take 3-5 days). This isn't needed for the initial non-O conversion, correct? Just the guarantee letter and bank book updated, yes?

I have two bank books, as Bank of Bangkok initially would not let me create a fixed deposit  account until my 800k was transferred. So blue  bank book shows the original FTT transfer of 800k. Then I transferred that 800k into the fixed deposit account (orange Bank book). Will bring both. 

Checklist:

1. Filled out TM-87 application

2. 4x6 photo, Copies of passport photo page, tm-6, visa stamp/extension, tm-30 receipt. 

3. Copy of 1-year condo lease agreement and copy of owner's passport. Have seen posted requirements that also mention house book, but owner is foreign and does not have that. Hopefully lease and passport photo of owner will suffice. They do for a tm-30.

4. Copies of bank book showing FTT 800k transfer updated that day.  Bring original bank books. 

5. Bank of Bangkok guarantee letter (you can get this same day, correct?)

6. 1900 baht.

Am I missing something here, or any concerns?

Thanks!

Edited by OZinPattaya

Just a minor issue but I thought the fee was 2000 baht for a tourist visa/visa exempt conversion to Non-O. 1900 baht is for an extension of stay (which you won't need to do for another three months).

Overall we would be interested to know how you get along with this process at Jomtien. Heard reports that it could be "difficult".

27 minutes ago, peterbkk2 said:

Just a minor issue but I thought the fee was 2000 baht for a tourist visa/visa exempt conversion to Non-O. 1900 baht is for an extension of stay (which you won't need to do for another three months).

Correct the fee for a non immigrant visa or a change of visa status  is 2000 baht.

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If you are on an entry from a tourist visa issued by an embassy or consulate you will use a TM86 change of visa status form.

Have a look at the list from the immigration website, https://division1.immigration.go.th/download/1551323081128.pdf

Okay, now I'm confused. I thought it was a tm-87 if you were on a tourist stamp, a tm86 if on your were on a tourist visa (I.e., setv, metv). I'm on a 30 day tourist stamp. 

Edited by OZinPattaya

7 hours ago, peterbkk2 said:

Overall we would be interested to know how you get along with this process at Jomtien. Heard reports that it could be "difficult".

Any particular issues people have had at Jomtien with the non O conversion?

46 minutes ago, OZinPattaya said:

Okay, now I'm confused. I thought it was a tm-87 if you were on a tourist stamp, a tm86 if on your were on a tourist visa (I.e., setv, metv). I'm on a 30 day tourist stamp. 

You have a 30 day visa exempt entry entry and will use the TM87 form.

You writing " tourist stamp conversion" made me think you have a tourist visa entry.

15 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You have a 30 day visa exempt entry entry and will use the TM87 form.

You writing " tourist stamp conversion" made me think you have a tourist visa entry.

Thanks for clearing that up. I'll also add to checklist per your attachment 

"Location map of house." For some reason I think they want  this handwritten as I've noticed from other posts. 

21 hours ago, OZinPattaya said:

Any particular issues people have had at Jomtien with the non O conversion?

There are some old reports of Jomtien pressuring people to use an agent and giving them the runaround with regards to additional requests for documents. I suggest that you see how you go and hopefully it will be easy.