Loud pipes save lives !

properperson

I have permanent tinnitus  now due to years of using loud exhaust on my previous bikes. Never again, especially on a single cylinder. 

I even use ear plugs now to reduce noise (wind and engine) when riding; it helps me focus better when riding, plus I'm less tired afterwards. 

Edited by alx123
im awesome as usual
  • Like 2

Small single cylinder engines were built to get from A to B quietly and efficiently!

They were never intended to sound nice or be "racing" machines!

They tend to sound like cement mixers on steroids!

37 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

I could never understand why someone who enjoys riding, also enjoys extra loud engine noise to go with it? A nice quiet bike is a pleasure.  Teenagers OK, I get that, but not adults.

In some aspects of life growing up is highly overrated ... ????

• Haha 1

I read this thread, fired up with indignation, that someone was complaining about our magnificent Highland Bagpipes (Commonly referred to just as the pipes). Turned out the subject was just manopausal posers on big scooters. Sorry my mistake!

Edited by Nigel Garvie
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, properperson said:

Loud pipes get you Kicked by the rozzers:

No way it is what it is' Harleys are loud many new type bikes are loud.

For me being a biker it's how it sounds.

e.g. Waves going nowhere fast with nasty sounding loud pipes which you can hear and seems to go on forever annoy me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

To me Japanese inline 4's and V's the same, and did you ever get to hear the motogp V5, "music."

Recently only last year at Sepang. 

I thought we were talking road bikes and guys who dress like pirates?

• Like 1

I think anyone wants a loud exhaust should get a license for it, part of getting one should involve chaining them behind their bike with loud exhaust for a full day and go full throttle every few minutes, if they liked it they can get a license...!!!? lol

Although they will soon be deaf and can't hear a thing, so that defeats the purpose...! To be honest I think most of these guys are deaf anyway, and they should take away their motor and driving license ...!

The only reasonable loud exhaust could be accepted if it is only produced at high speed and high rev, not in town torturing everyone else at expense of self satisfaction of an crazy attention seeker that can easily be classified as obviously sick by any first year psychologist student ... lol

• Like 1