Vaccinations for Thai Child

WalsallRobbo

I am a UK citizen and my wife is Thai. My daughter lives in Thailand and was born there. We have been vaccinating our child at a private hospital and have recently paid 4000baht for the IPD vaccination! My wife says that sometimes she pays £7000baht for a vaccination. Does anyone have any idea of the schedule and cost for these vaccinations? My understanding is that Thai nationals can get almost all the recommended vaccinations for free at their health care centre. Do you know how they do this? 

You just walk into your local government hospital, present the kids medical book (Pink book).

Then they give any vaccinations not stamped in the book, free of charge, any government hospital (kids don't need to be registered)

Edited by BritManToo

4 minutes ago, WalsallRobbo said:

What would be the point of going private for vaccinations? Is it just the comfort of not having to queue up?

I can't even guess the motives for half the stuff my gf does, let alone your wife.

Although mine is usually trying to make money.

Edited by BritManToo

All the vaccines in the national immuinzation schedule can be obtained free of charge at any government hospitsl or health center. The Health Centers are less crowded.

There are some vaccines not yet in the national schedule butdesirable e.g. rotovirus. These you might need to get privately.

Your children can also recive free or token fee treatment when ill at a government hospital (Health Center too but only common minor illness)

vaccines provided by government hospital are decent but you can get more vaccines in private hospital

these are optional vaccine that one could get from private hospital or clinic

(the prices is according to some private pediatrician clinic in my town)

- "fever-less" version of six diseases combined vaccine ("fever-ish" version provided by government) ; 1800-2000 THB per dose

- pneumococcal vaccine (or IPD) (or PCV) 1800-3000 THB per dose

- Rota vaccine 1000-1500 THB per dose

so 7000 THB is on the (very) high side of the prices,  but not inconcievable