Thai girlfriend sponsorship to Canada conditions?

I(canadian boyfriend) will try and keep this brief but i co-habitate with family and therefore my taxes are done with other family members to register income as part of the family business. Therefore, my taxes show as 0 income.

Her (thai girlfriend) has a stable government job and enough money in the account to support herself here in canada even if i don't sponsor her to visit me for 1 month.

As i understand it, i need to show that i can support her which would be easy enough by showing my bank account balances OR showing the tax forms of my family members as part of the business.

What other options do i have considering that my personal income reporting may not be sufficient for immigration?

• Haha 1

The money may be the least of your worries.  The biggest worry they have usually is will she return to Thailand.

As SoonOh stated contact the embassy or even better still if you are in Thailand right now go and find out in person.

This might help also

https://www.siam-legal.com/foreign-visas/foreign-canada-visitor-visa.php

https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/thailand/

I am from the UK and took my Thai wife to Canada a few years back, very straightforward.

You can do the application online direct with Canadian immigration. You complete the forms and upload all documents, I got an answer in 10 days.

No need to get involved with VFS until the visa is approved, unfortunately you have yo get them to get the visa put in the passport.

Good place to start

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/about-visitor-visa.html

Your income is really not a big deal if she is only visiting for a month as a tourist.

You will be inviting her to visit not sponsoring her. Immigration uses the word "sponsoring" if she is moving to Canada.

Since she only wants a visitor's visa, most of the onus is on her to prove

1) she has the money to fund her trip - bank statements.  You can help by providing an invitation letter stating she will be staying with you and you will help pay for expenses. 

2) she will return to thailand. The is the most important thing. She has to convince the people issuing the visa that she will go home.

So a letter of employment, maybe a letter from her employer saying that they are giving her a month off. A list of assets - property, vehicles etc. Basically all to show that she has something to return to and WILL return to thailand.