My Thai visa was stolen, do I need another one?

I am an American who has been traveling to Thailand for the last few years.  When I go I get a Thai visa, a stamp that is in my American Passport.  The day before I was about to travel back, my passport was stolen.  My question is do I need a new visa? If that info is in the computer's of Thailand and I have a police report of stolen passport and a new passport proving i'm me, would that visa still be valid? That's what i want to figure out. It would save me probably 800$ and 10 hours of travel to find out if I need a new visa for thailand.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.  Also any phone numbers of people who could help me would be great.  Thank you

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Where are you now?

If you had a visa (issued at an embassy outside Thailand) -- This is toast, new visa needed. The issuing embassy may be able to replace it in the new passport but the cost in time and $$$ probably isn't worth it.

Why can't you apply for a visa by post?

Where are you at now?

If here after getting a new passport you can go  to immigration and they can reinstate your entry stamp and a extension of stay if you have one.

Any visa you had that was issued by embassy or consulate was lost with your passport.