Coronavirus: Stay calm and carry on spending! Tourism minister tells tourists

webfact

Why are the borders not closed for flights from and to China ?

Checking the arrival passengers only on temperature is not enough as people can transfer the virus in their incubation period while they don't have any symptoms.

Most other countries stop flying to China completely.

• Like 1

Putting all the TAT tourism eggs in China has back fired!  The strategy has been woeful.  It has taken this virus to make the baht start to dive not the government.  $31 today.  Richard Barrow does more for tourism than TAT who are woeful in their communication and do not have a good advertising or communication to other countries.  Hence, Western and Australasia tourists have dropped significantly as Utapao and DM build flights to China and Russia exclusively.  Get the Baht to meaningfully exchange rate like $34 to $38 and those tourists will return.   I do see any proper economic policy except infrastructure as Thailand is in recession with false numbers showing 2% growth.

• Thanks 1

If the pound is strong to the baht at also mean it strong with other currencies so at dont mean to say the tourist will come flocking back it was not just the baht it was so many other things about this country getting beat up getting robb bag snacking ladyboys immigration the way they talk to people and just not airport at immigration offices just coming here put me off just going through immigration I think they are the most disgusting people u can deal with they have totally no respect for foriegnors this country don't deserve tourist 

• Sad 1