Coronavirus: Stay calm and carry on spending! Tourism minister tells tourists

webfact

12 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

In a related development, the Public Health Ministry announced that it would assign an additional 5,000 health officials to monitor the 20,000 Chinese tourists currently in Thailand.

so there's 20k left in Thailand .. sounds low. How many were coming in daily before they stopped the tours? Don't tell me TAT's figures aren't gospel, that simply can't be true.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Oziex1 said:

Perhaps you could point me in the direction of that non commercial Utopia.

Tourism is measured in dollars in my country as it is everywhere. 

These guys just say what others think. 

Didn't work out too well for "Gerald Ratner" did it?

Sometimes there's a time and a place to say what you think.... I wasn't looking for Utopia

4 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

Yes

the 1% use the strong Thai bath to buy and invest in foreign currency

it should be more convenient for them when they decide to live abroad

far from the sh.t hole they have created (Pollution, garbage, dangerous roads, virus and so on)

I hope you can spell "dollars" in the "bath" ????

• Haha 1

A post containing content copy and pasted from Bangkok Post has been removed:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

1 hour ago, johnarth said:

they are cleaning knobs, someone did not wipe their ass properly, not used to the water wash

Bumwashers are not common in supermarket toilets. Also handwashing especially among catering staff is very rare. You are more likely to see one squeezing spots in the mirror before they prepare your meal. Nice eh?

17 hours ago, Georgie65 said:

Money is the root of all evil!!!

Thailand  continues to welcome Chinese tourists, visa free and virus free..

The future , has only just begun ...

On 1/27/2020 at 7:27 PM, sucit said:

Oh, and if you do happen to get sick, make sure to do a lot of shopping before you drop. In Thailand of course. 

Oh , and if you do happen to get  the virus, 

do not forget your 90 day probation visit, @ immi,  and do remember to dress smart...

Edited by elliss

On 1/27/2020 at 5:12 PM, DrTuner said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coronavirus

Something to remember for the next pub quiz.

Ok I just drank 10 Coronas last night and all day today I’ve been puking my guts out. Could I have contracted the coronavirus? I’m really sick and I think this virus is going to wipe us all out. I’m constantly in the bathroom all day. 

40 minutes ago, RoiEtDale said:

Ok I just drank 10 Coronas last night and all day today I’ve been puking my guts out. Could I have contracted the coronavirus? I’m really sick and I think this virus is going to wipe us all out. I’m constantly in the bathroom all day. 

That does sound terminal. Any last wishes?

On 1/27/2020 at 12:29 PM, unamazedloso said:

Its time to PANIC people!!!!!!

Your not in safe hands. Dont go shopping if you dont need to unless you want to die or kill your family and friends unecessarly because you did!!

This is what people need to hear. It shows you care when you tell people to do the right thing to protect themselves.

And whatever you do don’t drink Corona! 

On 1/27/2020 at 4:05 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I went to Central Chidlom today, and the men's bathroom I visited to wash my hands had one solitary soap dispenser that was empty as of noon time...

THAT is normal all over Thailand, OR the content are almost 100% water...

On 1/27/2020 at 4:05 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I went to Central Chidlom today, and the men's bathroom I visited to wash my hands had one solitary soap dispenser that was empty as of noon time...

Some good news ...

Key points:

• Australian scientists have become the world's first outside of China to re-create the coronavirus
  • The discovery will enable scientists to develop a test to identify people who might be infected, even before they show any symptoms.
  • It will also help speed up work towards a vaccine for the disease, which has claimed more than 100 lives in China and infected five Australians.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-01-29/wuhan-coronavirus-created-in-australian-lab-outside-of-china/11906390

• Like 1

Tourism minister Pipat Ratchakitprakarn has told Thai and foreign tourists not to panic regarding the coronavirus outbreak. 

If there actually was really a panic, it is not him nor what he says that would make a difference. But I guess it's good to say it, so that he seems to have some sort of power over what's happening.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/28/white-house-discussing-china-travel-restrictions-amid-coronavirus-outbreak.html

Who has more cases. Thailand, or the USA and the USA are better able to cope. How many flights arrive from China every day to Bangkok, Phuket etc Do you think Thailand will impose travel restrictions on flights from China? Here you can see live flights - https://www.flightradar24.com/8.09,98.32/10#

Edited by AdamTheFarang

On 1/27/2020 at 5:03 PM, RoiEtDale said:

Why did they name the virus that? Are they trying to hurt Corona’s stock or something? Honestly until China at least starts being honest about it I have to agree with what some people have been posting and maybe they should temporarily restrict Chinese flights. China lies about everything as it is so they need to be taught a lesson anyway especially after what they did in Hong Kong recently. 

You know I was thinking about what I said here and it’s complicated because you know we cannot punish the Chinese people because of their government by restricting flights from China but, that’s how it rapidly spreads by people travelling. So I don’t know about that or my post. Keep doing our thing I guess just like after any other tragedy, can’t let it win. Just like the fear after 9-11 can’t just stop living. Maybe my above post is wrong. 

On 1/27/2020 at 8:01 AM, sahibji said:

this statement by the tourism minister is beyond belief. he has not shown any concern for the health welfare of the people but only in his myopic tourism dollar. besides shopping the tourists will also be interacting in the public during their sightseeing visits. the tourism minister should be addressing concern about that rather than "keep on spending". what a selfish interest is this?

This guy is a down right disgusting greed and a disgusting low liffe

On 1/27/2020 at 9:22 PM, URMySunshine said:

He looks suspiciously like the doctor in mask and visor in another video. My call is maybe Hong Kong democracy activist looking to seize the moment. Not read this elsewhere and I might well be wrong. And even if they are not the same could still be part of a campaign of disinformation. Hence video on YT is not a relaible source, 

Poor  bloke he believes  he Ives  in a democracy  and the goverment are held into account  by the electorate lol