Need tech help with my Samsung phone purchased in Thailand

jekey

I'm having two major problems with my newly purchased Samsung A50s and I'm wondering if they are related to this model specifically or to all Samsung or mobile phones purchased in Thailand. 

1. When I went to America I purchased a SIM but it only works for calls and not data. That is, it only worked on the Edge network (not 2/3/4/5G) which basically doesn't work at all. T-Mobile tried every setting possible but it just wouldn't work. Does that mean that this 10,000 baht phone only works in Thailand?! Anyone know any info about this?

2. You get 15GB of free Samsung cloud storage but I've used that and want to purchase more. When I tap on Cloud Storage Plan nothing happens and I'm unable to see the different plans or purchase storage. The guy on the phone said "thailand does not support cloud storage, use Google". Why??? Is this the case with every Samsung phone, even the super expensive ones?

This phone seems to be very limited and I'd love to know if this is the case with any mobile phone purchased in THailand or if there are some that have full functionality. I will have to purchase another phone and I'm not sure if I should wait until I go to Europe or the USA.

I should note that I've gone to the Samsung service center in Silom and they told me to call the 1282 customer service line. I did that and they just said "Thailand does not support". We really struggled to understand each other so I ended the call and am hoping someone here can help instead. Thanks! 

All Samsung in my family work (A30, A80+), mine with both Thai and Swiss Sim  here and in Europe.

Might be your T-mobile provider and Sim, get yourself a cheap Thai Sim and try both 1 and 2, then you will know

Actually suspect you will find the issue are the non-standards required in USA - phones here are open to everyone and work find in most of the world.  Sorry not a fan of glazed over smart phone zombies myself (but fine with it here on PC).????