Thailand’s PM assures coronavirus situation is “100% under control”

webfact

57 minutes ago, Sergeant said:

Why is China building such a large Hospital

Because they can build one over a weekend.  Containment.  Pain Relief.  Possible ventilation if oxygen is needed.

I don't know why so many Farang on TVF are worried?!?! 

Many TVF Farang in Pattaya are *voluntarily* killing themselves slowly with a bad diet, obesity, cigarettes and alcoholism.

Coronavirus just speeds things up a bit.

Giddy up! ????

Edited by SiSePuede419
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Because they can build one over a weekend.  Containment.  Pain Relief.  Possible ventilation if oxygen is needed.

Many TVF Farang in Pattaya are *voluntarily* killing themselves slowly with a bad diet, obesity, cigarettes and alcoholism.

Coronavirus just speeds things up a bit.

Giddy up! ????

The thing is the less you 'live' the more scared you are of dying because you have the fear you may have missed out on the greatest party of all time - 'your life'. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

Both North Korea and Mongolia have closed their land borders to China.  Why does Cha-Cha still allow all flights from China?

Tourism numbers are down :dry:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PhonThong said:

Amazing how Thailand is the only country that has this under control.

I know that you are joking, but anyway, think of how folish they really do this. One person on a flight could infect all others on that flight and how many more on the airport? But thai goverment can never learn. To hell with people if we can earn a baht.

43 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Because building such a hospital here takes 25 years. A bit long to hold your breath.

Edited by DrTuner

The Thai people do not deserve this. The army and Prayuth and immigration, do deserve a big hit on tourism. You guys have spent years driving away Western tourists, and courting the Chinese and Indians. Your lack of vision, respect, and intelligence is coming back to bite you, and it is going to bite you very, very hard, and it will bite you where it hurts the most. The pain will be felt with the only language you understand. The language of money. Get ready guys. The hurt is just starting. You are in for a world of pain. You spent years skinning the golden goose of tourism alive, and subjecting it to an acid bath. 

This will end up hurting millions of common Thais, and for that I feel pain. But sometimes, something terrible is necessary to bring change. The army is the worst thing to happen to this nation in a very long time. Perhaps the people will now see that, and perhaps enough pressure will be exerted by the unemployed masses. 

Operators were looking to traditional European markets to salvage what is left of high season. 

Way, way too late for that now. Westerners have abandoned Thailand for greener pastures, where they are not mocked, dismissed, constantly made out to be criminals in the media by the insufferable fools at immigration, insulted, and criticized. We deserve some respect. You have shown us none. You were given a shot, and you blew it badly. Now, deal with it. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, webfact said:

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has assured the public that the novel coronavirus situation in Thailand is “100% under control”

He really has stuck his neck out with that statement, which only goes to prove how stupid he is. If it backfires on him, will he resign? Nah, probably do as ex PM Taksin did....  “ Honest mistake ”

• Like 1

Unfortunately, it does not help us here when we are angry with this liar, we only harm ourselves. But it is understandable that it causes anger.  We all know that this is a military government.  Maybe we should assume that this unfortunate person is under the control of the usa.  Like almost everything that exerts a power in the country.  We cannot change his behavior.  However, we can comment what we think or believe, how it is controlled and used as a puppet.  Of course I am also angry about such a government.  It is interesting, however, that every time there is tension between the usa and china, a problem arises in china.  If we remember that back when the Sars virus also came into being in china, there were conflicts with china and the usa.  Now this thing is repeating itself.  Despite the fact that the elite is decimating the population, the outbreak of this virus now seems obvious in China.  But everyone is probably aware that this liar rules the country at a disadvantage.  Maybe it would be better if we discussed the background, so we may come to new knowledge and in my opinion it is important for general knowledge.  What do you think about that?

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, natway09 said:

Sorry, what he mean't to say was,

We are aware of the gravity of the situation & are taking all preventitive & treatment measures that we can. The Health Dept will make periodic statements & requests to the public.

Please follow their instructions.   Reprt to them any persons you believe may have contacted the virus, or show symptoms

And I will be in my purified air bomb shelter lol ????

A bus tour driver in Japan who has never been in Wuhan now has the virus. First case of human to human infection outside China. 

Also same for the infected case in Germany.

Now just wait a week or two to see Thailand’s number of infected explode.

Edited by khunpa

Well, this is interesting Thai woman in India said to have died of the virus. 

A 32-year-old Thailand national, suspected to be suffering from Coronavirus, died in a private hospital in Kolkata on Monday.

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/coronavirus-outbreak-thai-woman-dies-corona-like-symptoms-in-bengal-hospital-1640781-2020-01-28

Edited by zydeco

1 hour ago, petedk said:

Germany has just announced the first person to person contact: A German person who has not been to China.

How long before that happens in Thailand? Will it be announced or covered up?

The infected numbers will soon go crazy in Thailand. I doubt they will be successful in covering it up. Family of infected Thais will for sure report it online.

Thailand are in for some very bad times and at huge hit in tourism. All because of ignorance and greed.

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, zydeco said:

Well, this is interesting Thai woman in India said to have died of the virus. 

Probably misdiagnosis. I don't think nausea was one of the usual symptoms and the travel pattern doesn't really match the timeframe. 

Edited by DrTuner
  • Like 2

I am afraid this is going to hit Thailand hard. The tent food markets especially are just ideal for this virus to spread. Plenty of warm, moisture, foods out in the open, not so hygienic and lots of people with scant clothing, touching this and that, sneezing and coughing, coming and going. 

This virus managed to spread despite the much harder Chinese winter!

21 minutes ago, Logosone said:

They diagnose Cov by looking at the virus under a microscope. The shape of the virus is different to influenza, that is how they can be sure it is Cov and not the flu. 

Ummh...no. https://www.who.int/publications-detail/disease-commodity-package---novel-coronavirus-(ncov) , https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/20200114-interim-laboratory-guidance-version.pdf

It's a PCR test. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polymerase_chain_reaction

Edited by DrTuner

2 hours ago, Parsve said:

I know that you are joking, but anyway, think of how folish they really do this. One person on a flight could infect all others on that flight and how many more on the airport? But thai goverment can never learn. To hell with people if we can earn a baht.

Apparently, according the PM.  Thailand must be the safest place on Earth. After all, they have this 100 percent under control.

It seems the great general is unaware of the latest news;

Germany has declared its first confirmed case of the coronavirus after a 33-year-old man contracted it from a colleague visiting his workplace from Shanghai, in one of the first cases of person-to-person transmission outside China.   

Source; REUTERS January 28, 2020 04:31 am

One can draw one's own conclusions as to the implications. However,  with the tens of thousands of potential carriers that were allowed into Thailand, it is reasonable to  wonder if we shall soon see a similar pattern manifest itself.  Hopefully, the Chinese government decision to hold back tour groups will have an impact.

Edited by geriatrickid

2 hours ago, khunpa said:

A bus tour driver in Japan who has never been in Wuhan now has the virus. First case of human to human infection outside China. 

Also same for the infected case in Germany.

Now just wait a week or two to see Thailand’s number of infected explode.

Agree. The next 7-14 days are critical for Bangkok and the rest of Thailand.

Be proactive. Stop the flights from China NOW. Close the schools NOW. Enforce quarantine in Bangkok and beyond for a minimum of 14 days. 

I know people will say that that is financially impossible, but do they want an economy at all in 4-6 weeks?

Once this virus takes hold in the local community all bets are off. They don't have the infrastructure to cope with multiple ICU cases. It will quickly become a nightmare. The time for making unpopular, but wise, decisions is right now, not next week or next month.

Edited by Sunderland
  • Like 2