VE in BKK or CNX

For the last 3 trips to Chiang Mai I have flown Del-SIN-CNX to avoid doing immigration in Bangkok.  The flights are 50% more expensive and take 50% longer.  As I was only in Thailand for about 9 weeks last year and when I leave tomorrow I will have been here this year for 29 days,  I arrived on the 1st Jan, I am conisdering that when I return on the 1st June taking the more direct Thai Air Del-BKK-CNX.

It doesn't seem like I fit into the pattern of someone trying to live here but the last last time I came into Bangkok was Sep 2018 after returning with a SETV from the UK (I am a UK citizen/passport holder)  and still I got quizzed quite a lot.

I know it's an inexact science and the safety first approach is get a SETV but there is there a giid reason to think I might be denied in BKK.

23 hours ago, belfast3 said:

You'll probably be fine ...

Just make sure you have the SETV, 20k cash and hotel reservation.

Isn't he asking about a visa exempt entry. It seems implied by the thread title.

VE in BKK or CNX

Edited by Suradit69

8 minutes ago, mrfill said:

Have you considered using Qatar air who fly LHR-Doha-CNX in 14-15hrs?

Why would he do that? Read the OP properly. He is a UK passport holder but he is originating his flight from DEL (Delhi in India)

Yes I am talking about taking a gamble on not getting a visa in advance which is not so simple in India.  The visa office is a 12 hr bus ride from where I Iive and they now require you to apply 7 days in advance.  Delhi is not a good place to spend a long time in these days as the pollution is terrible even though I like the city.

I asked the immigration office as I "checked out" yesterday morning and he assured me I would be fine coming back in 4 months using the visa exemption.  He went on to tell me that if I arrived by land then I was only able to do that twice per year but when flying in there was no limit.  I wish I had been able to record his testimony in case it is needed for my defence.  Lol.

I've booked my onward flight to the UK for the 30th June as I got a good price on EVa air and the £ is quite good right now but haven't made the decision about the flight from India.

You will be fine. Even at Don Mueang.

Of course have the 20k, hotel booking etc.

Do not sign anything that allows you to be denied. 

Have VERY clear set of answers for the rubbish questions. 

You will have onward flight as necessary to obtain boarding pass. Have hard copy print out. 

A fictitious itinerary won't hurt. etc.

Your history is minimal. 

Thanks.  Two more questions then:  would having the 20K in my Kasikon account and being able to show the IO using the KPlus app on my phone be good enough or not.  I don't normally travel with lots of cash in normal circumstances. 

I own my own condo and have a copy of the chanote tee din with me, is that also good enough?  It has my name in Thai that matches my passport.

I have friends with guest houses in CM so no problem getting a booking.  I could also get a letter from the condo office saying ???.

1 hour ago, damole said:

Thanks.  Two more questions then:  would having the 20K in my Kasikon account and being able to show the IO using the KPlus app on my phone be good enough or not.  I don't normally travel with lots of cash in normal circumstances. 

I own my own condo and have a copy of the chanote tee din with me, is that also good enough?  It has my name in Thai that matches my passport.

I have friends with guest houses in CM so no problem getting a booking.  I could also get a letter from the condo office saying ???.

The funds in bank on phone is useless.

Needs to be in folding, any currency or travellers cheque etc.

Personally I would not mention that you own condo. Means your living in Thailand.

Why would condo owner not have reentry permit etc.

Your flying in VISA EXEMPT. Portray as a tourist. Set itinerary that backs that up.

Some very experienced guys on thaivisa suggest demonstrate that you have Thai gf. They may be correct. My opinion opposite. Keep it simple, your a tourist. Have the funds along with hotel booking etc etc. Print out of onward flight.  Keep it simple. 

On 1/29/2020 at 7:00 PM, belfast3 said:

You'll probably be fine given you haven't been in the country for extreme periods of time and flying in from your home country.

Just make sure you have the SETV, 20k cash and hotel reservation.

Two points:

1. He is not flying from home country. He is Flying from Delhi (India) and is a UK citizen.
  2. As he stated, he is planning to enter visa exempt, not with a visa.

He will have been in Thailand for 29 days this month, and planning to return June 1st. Visa exempt entry will likely be OK.

Edited by BritTim