Concrete screed rendering on walls as seen in coffee shops

Bill007

Hi Guys

Interested in the concrete screed rendering on walls I have seen in many places like trendy coffee shops.

I think it looks nice and thinking of doing this on my bathroom walls and complementing with tiles in the shower area, is it just concrete sceed then varnish over or is it a type of paint they use

Anyone with any expertise or opinions on this appreciated.

Thanks

18 minutes ago, Bill007 said:

Interested in the concrete screed rendering on walls I have seen in many places like trendy coffee shops.

I think it looks nice and thinking of doing this on my bathroom walls and complementing with tiles in the shower area, is it just concrete sceed then varnish over or is it a type of paint they use

Anyone with any expertise or opinions on this appreciated.

Pictures please.

The cheaper option is the premix render is applied to a wall then handfuls of normal cement  thrown on the wall and then run through with a wet trow in various directions.

This option is usually only used when it is a bare block/new build.

You can buy a mix in a tin called loft something but imho it isn't as nice. 

• Like 1

The Thais call it "loft style".

I prefer the Beger product as it's quite light in colour. Be mindful of application. It's a skill to get a nice texture. Use putty knives. Often it is applied with zero f*s given, which makes it looks cluttered and awful.

Last step often is the application of a wax product. Don't go overboard or the end result will be super shiny.

You really need to do your homework on your contractor for this.

I know two people who had the same "dream" and both havebeen very disappointed with the results.

I have seen first hand the vast difference that two renderers on two adjacent walls can make and i too would be disa balled off aswell

8 hours ago, eyecatcher said:

You really need to do your homework on your contractor for this.

I know two people who had the same "dream" and both havebeen very disappointed with the results.

I have seen first hand the vast difference that two renderers on two adjacent walls can make and i too would be disa balled off aswell

Yep, done badly the result can look like a dungeon or primitive torture chamber.

• Like 1