Lazada refund?

Orton Rd

I have returned items before and the refund goes in the wallet, now if you are a foreigner you cannot use those funds to purchase something else. So you have to transfer to your bank. Done this twice before but now it does not work either and keeps failing. The email address for service@lazada I used in the past no longer works, anyone had this problem? I looked online and quite a few with the same situation, some for a lot of cash, but no solutions. Doubt if I will be ordering off there again.

Yep same happened to me. They said they would transfer funds to my bank but never did but mine was only a few hundred bhat so left it however they do give you a choice to refund to wallet or bank. But don't tell you you can't get money out of wallet. I found out by was going to top up wallet they then said foreigner can't use wallet 

• Like 1

I have recently cancelled an order that I paid for with my debit card. The e-mail I received told me that the refund will be returned to that same account. I haven't received it yet, but it was only 2 days ago and these things do take time.

When I cancelled an order a while back which I'd paid using a UK credit card it was back in my account within the week.

9 hours ago, SteveK said:

I only buy online here if I can pay on delivery. Check the goods quickly then pay the courier. If something's wrong I just refuse the delivery.

That's the way I pay but you can't keep the delivery man there while you unpack and test something. Luckily it was a small amount.

Lazada usually credits my account within 5 working days after they have received the returned goods and checked them for damage etc.

Just on another note , I have never returned anything to Lazada in years , then 3 items in 3 months because of false advertising.

I know they are just middle men , but once a seller is reported , shouldn't Lazada make him change said false advert ?

Has anyone with a yellow book, and pink card with a 13 digit ID, been able to use the Lazada wallet? I wonder if the problem is an actual government prohibition of foreigners (every single one of whom are pedophiles, terrorists, money launderers and tax evaders -- whereas not one single Thai person has ever committed such a crime, and so deserves the overwhelming financial power of a Rabbit card or an online wallet) using the wallet, or just a Lazada programmer being too stupid or too lazy (or both) to accept input other than a 13 digit number. The government certainly knows your identity by the time you jump through whatever hoops your local city requires to get the pink card. So my 13 digit number should be just as good as any Thai person's 13 digit number, if Lazada actually checks your identity against some central online government database. Unless, of course, it's just more Thai xenophobia. [insert photo op of 20 Thai police pointing at an obviously criminal space alien's picture on a massive vinyl wall poster].

• Sad 1

I pay with credit card and if returning something, I print out sticker and deposit at nearest 7-eleven. Refund is usually done to same credit card within a day of them receiving the package, which is usually 1-2 days after depositing it. So far never had an issue.

Tried their chat help, most amusing they ask pointless unhelpful questions of the are you sure you are logged in variety, request screen shots of their own website, ignore what you tell them and eventually ask you to try again, even though I have tried about 15 times over the past 10 days. I will definitely be giving them a miss, gone downhill a lot from a few years back. No wallet for foreigners for security reason is madness, it's your own money!

• 1 year later...
On 1/28/2020 at 9:24 PM, docspinoff said:

They said they would transfer funds to my bank but never did but mine was only a few hundred bhat so left it however they do give you a choice to refund to wallet or bank.

Did you do as the last sentence says?

kc-oss-1612171992734-How%20Long%20is%20the%20Refund%20Process%202.jpg