Top-level Phuket meeting told ‘no water shortages’

snoop1130

Top-level Phuket meeting told ‘no water shortages’

By The Phuket News

1580301929_1-org.jpg

Phuket Governor Phakaphong Tavipatana at the meeting at Phuket Provincial Hall yesterday (Jan 28). Photo: PR Dept

PHUKET:-- There is no water shortage situation in Phuket yet, but people have to monitor the water situation closely, a top-level meeting at Phuket Provincial Hall – which included a live video conference by Interior Minister Gen Anupong Paochinda with every provincial governor in the country – was told yesterday (Jan 28).

Gen Anupong ordered the live video conference to deliver his message for all provincial governors to take active steps to prevent water shortages in their areas.

Gen Anupong, who also serves as the head of the National Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Office in Bangkok, explained that the Interior Ministry had prepared for water outage problems in advance for the coming months by ordering every provincial government to find new water sources and have spare water resources available.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/top-level-phuket-meeting-told-no-water-shortages-74594.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-01-29
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

the Interior Ministry had prepared for water outage problems in advance for the coming months by ordering every provincial government to find new water sources and have spare water resources available. (my italics)

The Nation's Water Management Program - Truly Stable Geniuses all.

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

There is no water shortage situation in Phuket yet

"In April this year the local water authority shuffled uncomfortably about the crisis at the end of the 2018/2019 dry season, denying there was a problem whilst cutting supplies to many communities around Phuket, mostly around Chalong, Thalang and eastern suburbs of Phuket Town. Just shut off the water!" - https://thethaiger.com/news/opinion/phukets-water-supply-running-on-empty

When a government official makes a public falsehood as to the nature of dire consequences, "fake news" laws should be applied quickly with full force of consequences to assure public trust and security.

• Like 2

I read the headline. I think pffffft. 

But then read the first sentence. “Yet”. So is true.

My friend bought cheap price land with lake in Phuket 20 year ago.

Cheap because have lake, small land. 

Now expensive. Hotel group want to buy it for the water. She not sell land yet, sell the water to the hotel. (Water truck) 

• Like 2