DId you pay sinsord and how much?

parafareno

11 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

You may not pay sin-sod, but you end up paying every day after in a marriage, with your baht, your freedom, and your well-being. In-laws and children will double or triple the "cost" 

If she tires of you, she gets 50% when divorcing, gets the children, the house, etc... never heard of a prenup being enforced in Thailand BTW

Love and respect is a beautiful thing that can be ruined by getting married, IMO

If you are young and in love, go for it, but realize there are no "guarantees" in life

am a bit biased and cynical as you can see.  Know there are some men here happy to be married

Peace ✌️

You need an update.Things have changed in the way the law works after a divorce. Proove you have paid for it ,and you have a good chance of getting it.And not only 50%.But that have nothing to do with sin-sod so way of topic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yinn said:

That correct. 

Family often/usually give it back to them for buy a house. Not always. Up to the situation. Everyone different. 

A friend borrowed 900k from me to show off the money as his sinsod. He already spent around a million for the house for them to live. In Phang Nga, between Natai and Khok Kloi. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

LOL. IMO you'll find Filipinas have just as much focus, if not more. Just ask Rose Porteous.

Correct - throw the whole extended family on that lifetime bus too....

They will pool/loan/borrow cars, money, influential parties, gatherings to bag a foreigner....

• Like 2

I married my wife 13 years ago in Europe. After that I was the first time in Thailand and we visited her parents. I have heard about the sinsod before and asked my wife if and how much I have to pay and she has to decide if we´ll have a good vacation in 5* hotels or I pay sinsod and we stay in 3* hotels. She thought a few seconds and said: "My parents have enough money, let´s have a luxury trip".
At here parents town she told her parents that we will invite them and all friends and relatives for a nice dinner. Some dozens people came, I paid a few 1,000 Baht for Thai food and drinks and that´s it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, kenk24 said:

I was very disappointed... my wife is 52 with four kids from three different marriages... and she has ugly toes. I wanted them to give me 200k baht but they only gave me 100k baht... its ok but no pedicures from me... it is in the contract. 

the funny truth is you wife really looks like that after the sex change....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, parafareno said:

the funny truth is you wife really looks like that after the sex change....

and you know that because she stops in your room every night? Why? you prefer them before the sex change? 

Edited by kenk24
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, tlock said:

I married a 26 year old never married and no kids and paid 200k baht.  The mother borrowed gold and money from friends so at the wedding they announced 400k baht and were able to show it.  

I think the general rule of thumb is sinsod only applies to women who haven't been married before.  A condo is taking the <deleted>.  

pretentious, plastic, superfluous, superficial but if thats what floats your boat .  thats like borrowing a macbook to have a coffee at starbucks

• Haha 2