Pattaya: Places that cater to Chinese tour groups shutting down for a month

webfact

3 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

There should be some nice man from the government along offering highly secured loans very soon????

Depends how this virus situation, strong baht, and visa issues, pan out. 

There could be a lot of defaults, with Thai banks taking a hit. 

Tourism is a huge source of employment in Thailand, from the agriculture sector, to the sex trade. 

Edited by Leaver
  • Like 1

This mabey the best thing  , when Thailand recovers from this sudden end in the bad Chinese tourists, and realizes how much damage the'' budget tour business'' caused the environment . but I doubt it

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, mok199 said:

This mabey the best thing  , when Thailand recovers from this sudden end in the bad Chinese tourists, and realizes how much damage the'' budget tour business'' caused the environment . but I doubt it

When this situation is over, all they will do is offer promotions and ramp up for even more and more cheap package holiday tourists, to make up for the lost time. 

15 minutes ago, Leaver said:

When this situation is over, all they will do is offer promotions and ramp up for even more and more cheap package holiday tourists, to make up for the lost time. 

Saddly I fear you are right sir...but hopefully the Bhat will have finally dropped to a realistic value , helping those of  us who have live here with families and tuitions and bills etc etc , afford a block of imported cheese and red wine now and then....have a good day

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, mok199 said:

Saddly I fear you are right sir...but hopefully the Bhat will have finally dropped to a realistic value , helping those of  us who have live here with families and tuitions and bills etc etc , afford a block of imported cheese and red wine now and then....have a good day

I would not be holding my breath for cheaper cheese and wine. 

As revenues contract, you can expect taxes to rise. 

On 1/31/2020 at 6:05 PM, mok199 said:

Unfortunately the people 'significantly' higher up the food chain who obviously benefit from this threadbare method of tourism will ensure it comes back with a vengeance.

On 1/30/2020 at 9:23 AM, Puchaiyank said:

Immigration may be forced to soften its rigid requirements to attract more tourists and retirees...

The virus could end up being a blessing for future visa seekers...

Dont hold your breath waiting...