Were you duped by these fake coronavirus stories on Thai social media?

webfact

As I type this post 14 of the 17 stories on the TV Thailand News board are refer to the virut.Still not seeing any deaths outside of China and the flu has killed more people outside of China.So what makes this story so important?Is it what might happen if it mutates and becomes more virulent?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Proverbs 13:5

"The righteous hate what is false, but the wicked make themselves a stench and bring shame on themselves."

Can we have the King James version please? This modern twaddle lacks the archaic gravitas.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, canopus1969 said:

The problem is the locals do not trust what the Government says

Who does?

It's hard to tell what is 'Censorship' and what is 'Fake news'.

The 30 year old Chinese girl dying in Mae Rim, "don't know why but definitely not the virus" ....... how do they know?

When was the last report of a young woman drinking herself to death by 10pm?

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

There was a YouTube Video from a Chinese Nurse (in Semi-hazmat) apparently sending her video out from Wuhan - this video was circulated on FaceBook.

I believed the video to be genuine, although the Translation from Chinese to English Subtitles is reported to have been highly flawed. 

The English Subtitles would have us believe there are 70,000 cases of Coronavirus in Wuhan (as of 3-4 days ago when the video was released). There were a number of comments on the Video commenting on the incorrect translation and that 70,000 people in Wuhan had been tested for the Coranovirus, the actual number of cases was not discussed. 

The video was somewhat alarmist, but even if true and there were 70,000 cases of Coronavirus the mortality rate is thus low (with only 135 deaths (world wide) at the time).

The actual Chinese mortality rate is 11%

Watch a recent update on Coronavirus with Chinese and US medical sources.

https://youtu.be/E7-iUoxnaiY

It's sometimes hard to know what to believe. But you should always have a healthy dose of skepticism when it comes to listening to what governments of the world say; especially governments like China and Thailand who don't shy away from openly censoring what people can and can't say and think 'face' is integral to being successful in governing. 

Here's a good video from a youtuber who knows China well:

Edited by rkidlad

They almost duped me with the 14 confirmed cases, but then I checked the reports and noticed the testing backlog is growing at same rate as the suspected infections. Not releasing the results is a fine way to create some fake news.

• Like 2

If someone posts something on their FB or Twitter that's not fake news in my opinion.
I prefer to receive all news and filter what I believe myself because most governments will block real news given the opportunity for their own benifit.
E.g N. Korea, China, Thailand. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/30/2020 at 6:04 PM, Kadilo said:

Our right honourable POTY was duped by one, enough to start a thread so it could happen to anyone. ????

Yes. 

Idiot. 55555555555. Me!