Child growing up and told can not follow me as my dependant

So my child and wife are my dependants and follow my Non-O visa (retirement). I use the 800K in bank method. Our child is in high school now (in Thailand) and signed up to go to University in Thailand next year. Been told that my kid can only follow my visa up to 19 years of age at which time before turning 20 she will have to get an Ed-visa. Is there any bank deposit requirements for my child?  P.S. Its makes no sense that my wife can continue to follow my visa (who is in 40s) but our child wont be able to follow my visa anymore soon.  

Edited by RBOP

It is over the age of 20 not 19. As written in clause 2.20 of the police order for extensions of stay.

"(4) In the case of children, adopted children, or spouse’s children, said children, adopted children,
or spouse’s children must not be married, must live with the alien as part of the family, and must not
be over 20 years of age"

There is no financial proof required for your son to get a extension of stay based upon attending school.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It is over the age of 20 not 19. As written in clause 2.20 of the police order for extensions of stay.

"(4) In the case of children, adopted children, or spouse’s children, said children, adopted children,
or spouse’s children must not be married, must live with the alien as part of the family, and must not
be over 20 years of age"

There is no financial proof required for your son to get a extension of stay based upon attending school.

Thanks. Yet 3 years ago when going in for my first retirement visa I got a bitchy Imm Officer that told me next year my would need an Ed Visa (my kid was 15 years old at the time). Obviously the Imm Officer was wrong but they have supreme power to do what they want.  

• Sad 2