paying electricity bill in Tesco with(out) THAI ID card ?

2 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

The OP was talking about Tesco. Think sensibility before you type.

Me too, can't you read or what? The poster said "the country" told Tesco Lotus. And I asked why would the government (the country) order Tesco Lotus to not accept a passport as ID? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

What website do I use ?

Example....before I had  the app...I would use Kasikornbank.com to pay my electric bill. Use your bank account website. I can't vouch for all banks but it's likely they have a way to pay. If not...it wouldn't kill you to move into the 21st century with a cheapo phone (I usually buy last year's model and they all seem to work fine...never paif more than 5500 baht for a phone and you can find a lot cheaper0

I've just changed banks because Bangkok bank with their <deleted>_y card isn't what I wanted.

I went to SCB, one lady opened my account while the other lady put their phone application on my phone.

Now I can pay all bills from my phone, save money on gas and a lot of time.

Many people do not know how easy that is. We live in the 21st century and I'm really happy that I've got that now.

With Bangkok Bank not possible how I wanted it. 

I can top up phones of all companies, pay water and electricity bills in only a minute. Please try that. 

SCB easy.jpg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tonray said:

Example....before I had  the app...I would use Kasikornbank.com to pay my electric bill. Use your bank account website. I can't vouch for all banks but it's likely they have a way to pay. If not...it wouldn't kill you to move into the 21st century with a cheapo phone (I usually buy last year's model and they all seem to work fine...never paif more than 5500 baht for a phone and you can find a lot cheaper0

Ive looked numerous times and I cannot find PEA on the vendor list of either my Kasikorn or Bangkok banks, as for cheap phones, My Nokia 3310 was only Bt,1700 from AIS... should I buy an even cheaper one ?

On 2/1/2020 at 2:06 PM, FritsSikkink said:

If you have a full live I assume you have a bank account, do either online banking or pay by ATM, it isn't that difficult.

I was about to say , and others might have said before and others after , there are ATM machines in Lotus , take out a few Baht then go and pay the bill !  My electric bill gets paid every month at Lotus , I pay for any shopping then hand over the leckky bill , never every had a prob.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2020 at 3:55 PM, justin case said:

they first said passport, than pointed to the THAI ID CARD READER ...

If you're here on long-term, I suggest you go for auto-debit from your bank account every month.

I did that and the charge is either 0 baht to 10 baht depending on your bank

What's the charge at Tesco?

Save time and money and hassle.....

The same goes for water bill.

Edited by EricTh

2 hours ago, Max69xl said:

Me too, can't you read or what? The poster said "the country" told Tesco Lotus. And I asked why would the government (the country) order Tesco Lotus to not accept a passport as ID? 

It seems I can read better than you can make a reasoned judgement. Do you honestly think that because Tesco is mentioned as an example that it’s ONLY Tesco. Gimme a break! 

17 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Ive looked numerous times and I cannot find PEA on the vendor list of either my Kasikorn or Bangkok banks, as for cheap phones, My Nokia 3310 was only Bt,1700 from AIS... should I buy an even cheaper one ?

With all due respect....I understand that for whatever reason you don't want a smartphone....but whatever reason that is puts you in the category of dinosaur heading towards extinction. Get a phone that can run apps...install the apps and be done with wasting your time and effort paying bills in person...life is too short mate...why make it harder ?

20 minutes ago, tonray said:

With all due respect....I understand that for whatever reason you don't want a smartphone....but whatever reason that is puts you in the category of dinosaur heading towards extinction. Get a phone that can run apps...install the apps and be done with wasting your time and effort paying bills in person...life is too short mate...why make it harder ?

My 3310 makes phone calls just as good as any other.

1 hour ago, tonray said:

Good for you. Have fun waiting in line to pay your bills

Typically I pay my bills at the 7-11 when I pop in on my to work in the mornings to grab some ciggies and a snack for morning tea.... @ 5am its rarely crowded so no lines to wait.

• Like 1