Thailand confirms first human-to-human coronavirus transmission, total number of cases now at 19

Jonathan Fairfield

1 minute ago, BobbyL said:

It was inevitable. They couldn't / didn't do anything to try and stop this arriving here and now it has started. I expect a lot more cases to be confirmed soon. I doubt this will become a huge epidemic, but still it typifies Thailand's laissez faire attitude to literally everything. 

Why don’t they tell in which city the driver was riding? Is there a reason for that?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Funny thing is that whilst wearing a mask they'll still accept cash payments from potential people with the virus .

"potential people with the virus" would be all of us?I've heard that money is one of the germiest things around.

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Like 1

Well, I hope it was the taxi driver who refused to take me to my regularly scheduled appointment at a local hospital today. Apparently, he was afraid of even driving to the hospital. And when I got there? Almost nobody inside the waiting area. Usually, there are around 100 people waiting for the various physicians. Today, maybe four or five.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, tgw said:

83802198_10157240031704005_7868378192191422464_n.jpg.7bced9537c012d178a9a3e5bba980e22.jpg

EXTRACT: The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommend the use of a NIOSH-certified N95 or better respirator for the protection of healthcare workers who come in direct contact with patients with H1N1.

https://blogs.cdc.gov/niosh-science-blog/2009/10/14/n95/

12 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I've been out and around in BKK the past two days out of necessity, riding around on BTS and walking here and there. In that environment (office worker types and tourists), I'm estimating that the mask wearing population I'm seeing is somewhere between 50 and 75%, just from eyeing everyone I come across. The mask wearers here are definitely outnumbering the others.

That said, A LOT of the Thais are only wearing the paper drug store type masks or varying versions of those.

EXTRACT: The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommend the use of a NIOSH-certified N95 or better respirator for the protection of healthcare workers who come in direct contact with patients 

https://blogs.cdc.gov/niosh-science-blog/2009/10/14/n95/