Thailand confirms first human-to-human coronavirus transmission, total number of cases now at 19

Jonathan Fairfield

19 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

EXTRACT: The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommend the use of a NIOSH-certified N95 or better respirator for the protection of healthcare workers who come in direct contact with patients 

https://blogs.cdc.gov/niosh-science-blog/2009/10/14/n95/

anyone got a supply link to a good n95 mask suppler, be it lazada or elsewhere

I flip flopped around going and staying  and now whatever the diseases does and I hope it's' basically another flu scare the mood is going  to get pretty serious and I can't really enjoy it here anymore. And my confidence in the Thai authorities is NIL so ringing EVA Air when they open and change our tickets to go back next week. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, URMySunshine said:

I flip flopped around going and staying  and now whatever the diseases does and I hope it's' basically another flu scare the mood is going  to get pretty serious and I can't really enjoy it here anymore. And my confidence in the Thai authorities is NIL so ringing EVA Air when they open and change our tickets to go back next week. 

Nobody has died of it in Thailand yet?

I got a child sized mask yesterday.

Ask yourself, why are there no child masks available ?

Masks only help 50%.

Thr flippin' virus is absorbed through the eyes tear ducts.

Are people so stupid???

Thailand officials have lost their face over this one. They have shown the world that they are stupid beyond all reason.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

Was originally booked for 3 months, just got to over 2 and renewed my visa in Jomtien yesterday. Me and the missus are bored, smoked out and have done all we wanted to do and more here for this visit - virus was the last straw so time to go home back to the UK and civilisation. 

Seeing 10 bigwigs sweep into the immigration office with fistfuls of masks be videoed giving about 5 to 5 folk on the front row and sweep out in less than a minute told me all I need to know about the Thai response to this. Oh that and the PM, Mr Bean stylee wearing a mask wrongly. And anyway the story is as much about the fear and panic now as it is the reality. Perception is reality so like I said time to go home. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, zydeco said:

All I know is that after reading this topic I've begun to exhibit symptoms

The fear virus is out all around the world now infecting each news channel after the next as blow by blow we see cases increase and dramatic twists and turns occur. The thing is even though I know this is in all likelihood very bad flu and and we are not in any high 'at risk' categories you can't stop thinking what you are thinking.

And in particular seeing large groups of Chinese is alarming and you steer clear of them. This is a normal human reaction. Anyway, anyone want to go on a packed Koh Larn ferry at the moment ? I don't think so ! 

Probably all blow over in a couple of weeks when we see the mortality rates and a race goes on for a vaccine  - but until then it will no doubt be a bumpy ride perception wise. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, TheFishman1 said:

The government won’t tell real numbers kinda like road deaths here never accurate TIT

As of 30 January, Thailand added 78 people as "patients under investigation" (PUI) bringing the total number to 280 PUI.  Of those 280, 19 have been confirmed infections.  

There are 220 cases still awaiting test results.

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/file/situation/situation-no27-300163.pdf

57 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

Yet, is the key word here. At some point it will happen of course. 

Sooner or later some tourist will also pick up the virus in Thailand and bring it back home.  Probably some Scandi, their universal healthcare is already in overdrive to detect the first case.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Inepto Cracy said:

I got a child sized mask yesterday.

Ask yourself, why are there no child masks available ?

Masks only help 50%.

Thr flippin' virus is absorbed through the eyes tear ducts.

Are people so stupid???

Thailand officials have lost their face over this one. They have shown the world that they are stupid beyond all reason.

Like most viruses, symptoms are related to age, and fortunately youngsters seem to have very mild symptoms .  But mask still a good idea for pm 2.5.

15 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

This was the News that many people did not want to hear.

The ability to control this Virus, will only be as good as the people that have control of the resources.

This could get very Ugly.

I thought the virus is 100% under control? 

• Haha 1

Just now, Kinnock said:

Be interest to see if other countries will start to screen arrivals from Thailand as well as from China.

The WHO said yesterday that travel restrictions should not be implemented - which didn't stop Singapore implementing them for China. The hundreds of cases in China compared to the 20 or so in Thailand - most of which seem to be tourists from China? Nah, don't think so

• Like 1

"Starting Sunday at 5 p.m. ET, all [American] passengers on flights to the United States who have been in Hubei province in China in the last 14 days will be subject to up to 14 days of quarantine [at home] and suspends entry for foreign nationals who visited China"

Next?

Expanding to all of China.

Next?

Expanding to all of Asia, including Thailand.

Next?

Quarantine of Americans in special "health camps" guarded by the military to prevent leaving for unspecified duration....also known as "Concentration Camps".

Remember, Trump's lawyers told us out loud with words at the Senate Impeachment trial: King Trump can do anything he wants if it helps him get elected, which is of course in the best interest of US citizens.

Side note:

I fully anticipate that even if Trump is voted out of office, Trump will nullify the election. Just wait.

I have been 100% right so far, since 2015 in saying the GOP will bow down to anything Trump wants. ✓

Edited by SiSePuede419
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Same rating against virus as n95

83802198_10157240031704005_7868378192191422464_n.jpg.7bced9537c012d178a9a3e5bba980e22.jpg

How often do you have to change a N95 mask?

"Some research studies have recruited healthcare workers as test subjects and many of those subjects have successfully worn an N95 respirator at work for several hours before they needed to remove them."

https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/topics/hcwcontrols/recommendedguidanceextuse.html

How much does a N95 mask cost?

Sounds like you are going to need a new one every day. ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1