Thailand confirms first human-to-human coronavirus transmission, total number of cases now at 19

Jonathan Fairfield

Seems the Thai MoPH and Dept of Disease Control have actually posted a Jan. 31 news release re the discovery of the 5 new virus cases.... in EN. Note their emphasis on masks at the end of the opening pgh.

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/file/news/news_no8_310163_1.pdf

The Ministry of Public Health (MOPH) reports that a group of experts in emerging infectious diseases in three areas confirmed five new cases caused by novel coronavirus 2019 (2019-nCoV) including four cases among Chinese and one case in a Thai citizen. They emphasize all people to wear a mask to protect themselves from any respiratory diseases.

the public is recommended to protect themselves from the disease by avoiding to visit crowded places and avoiding contact with people who are coughing and sneezing. Above all, Thailand encourages people to bring a mask when going outside of their residences, and frequently wash hands with soap and water or alcohol gel.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I too refuse to live the rest of my so far wonderful life living in a panic riddled mortal fear for as I understand it life has a 100% mortality rate!

Very well said! I really like the bit on life's mortality rate ????. Will reuse from time to time, if you don't mind.

• Thanks 2

They should stop all incoming flight from China for at least two weeks but won't because of money.Testing at airports is not much use as the virus can take two weeks to develop. Meanwhile tourists can zoom around zoos,shows,holiday attractions, go shopping have massages and spread the virus like wildfire. 

Edited by robert888d
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I too refuse to live the rest of my so far wonderful life living in a panic riddled mortal fear for as I understand it life has a 100% mortality rate!

It's all in the timing.  We are tying to help extend your time here.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Impossible as they would need to do it every 5 seconds.

Do you have proof of that? If you say there is no use in taking precausions then be my guest to go out and about without mask or clean your hands and hang out in large crowds.. It.s not racist or condeming  Chinese. Ebola is much more serious but they quarentined people exposed or living in such areas and Wuhan residents cannot travel around China.

Not all Chinese have the Virus but it is widespread in Wunan and fairly high infections in other areas of China. Since it has been proven to pass person to person but not easily we should all lessen the chance of infections by reducing  possible contact with potential carriers (people who live or travel from China) wear masks, clean hands often and clean surfaces (disinfect) or you can throw caution to the wind and take your chances.

Edited by Tony125
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Saw some stats recently that stated if the death toll doubled every day; as some scientists predict; it would only take 31 days for the death toll to reach 1 billion. At the moment all fatalities are solely in China. Pause for thought.

• Haha 1

Let me see. It takes 2 weeks for the symptoms to show, during which time it’s currently the working hypothesis that the infected person is contagious.

so the authorities need to trace all the passengers the cabbie carried over the last two weeks. 

good luck with THAT one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mobako said:

Thinking about going to some sushi place,or is it not so good idea,lol?

I am going to have sushi with my kid now. Most Taxi drivers do not eat sushi, I think. So we should be okay ????

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, khunpa said:

I know. But will also die if we don't eat ????

Also need to get out of the house. I am starting to develop coronavirus symptoms from reading too much about it ???? 

So you've fallen victim to placebocoronavirus mutation?Sorry off to quarantine you go!I'll see you there with the rest of the TV crew. 

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

As we well know viruses can jump from animals to humans so I suggest a complete ban on all animal products just to be on the safe side.Those opposing such a ban will be putting the lives of innocent and not so innocent people at risk. 

Autsch. I guess I'll be the culprit for mankind's demise then. On the bright side, the last meal of smoked ribs will be delish.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, champers said:

Saw some stats recently that stated if the death toll doubled every day; as some scientists predict ; it would only take 31 days for the death toll to reach 1 billion. At the moment all fatalities are solely in China. Pause for thought.

If 2 die on day one and that is doubled each day, on day 31 there would be 2 ^31 = 2,147,483,648 new deaths. Of course the total would include each daily increasing power of two preceding day 31.: 2^2,2^3,2^4,2^5... So it would be less than 31 days in this particular scenario to reach one billion. 

20 hours ago, tgw said:

where does it say he stopped driving?

A new driver, is probably still picking up customers with the car, without it having been properly disinfected or even cleaned.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

My ex(now good friend) was going to Thailand to visit her ailing mother has been told if she goes to

Thailand she has to be quarantined for 2 weeks after arriving back in Australia.(she works as a nurse

in aged care) She had her flight booked already,so she has to cancel and loses $800.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1