EU leaders remind Britain: No membership, no benefits

snoop1130

7 hours ago, luckyluke said:

Our beers are not that bad, so is our chocolate. 

And as a Belgian pensioner, I am pleased with my monthly 2300 Euro net (Not exceptional in Belgium). 

In a fairytale world when the UK stops handing out all our money to lost causes like the EU,  puppet governments around the world, and immigrants that have no jobs and never likely to or their families, we might be able to treat our old people the same.

Leaving the EU is a step in the right direction, maybe the Belgians ought to start cutting pensions and start contributing just to see what its like, maybe they will have to soon with no UK money

Edited by bartender100
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, luckyluke said:

Our beers are not that bad, so is our chocolate. 

And as a Belgian pensioner, I am pleased with my monthly 2300 Euro net (Not exceptional in Belgium). 

And "Unfrozen" pensions no "tricks"needed......and worldwide so...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

You will also have to go in the general line not the expedited EU line.

If you are driving there will be more requirements.

If you bring your mobile phone you will have to be careful since you could be hit by exorbitant charges.

That assumes that I want to travel to Europe in the first place.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, billd766 said:

You probably don't personally but your grandchildren might want to have the freedom to travel and live in Europe, like they used to have. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

13 hours ago, TheDark said:

There are reasonable and humble enough Brits who are able to co-operate together with multiple EU nationalities and people. Unfortunately those brothers of European people represent only 48% of the UK population. 

The majority of 52% demands that UK will get as far as possible when it comes to co-operation with people of EU. 

Was that the 48% Remainers who voted in the Brexit referendum v the 52% of leavers?

Results
Votes    %
Leave    17,410,742    51.89%
Remain    16,141,241    48.11%
Valid votes    33,551,983    99.92%
Invalid or blank votes    25,359    0.08%
Total votes    33,577,342    100.00%
Registered voters/turnout    46,500,001    72.21%

Did you casually add to the Remain voters numbering 12,918,048 who actually didn't bother to vote at all, and therefore were not counted as Leave or Remain?

1 minute ago, billd766 said:

Was that the 48% Remainers who voted in the Brexit referendum v the 52% of leavers?

Results
Votes    %
Leave    17,410,742    51.89%
Remain    16,141,241    48.11%
Valid votes    33,551,983    99.92%
Invalid or blank votes    25,359    0.08%
Total votes    33,577,342    100.00%
Registered voters/turnout    46,500,001    72.21%

Did you casually add to the Remain voters numbering 12,918,048 who actually didn't bother to vote at all, and therefore were not counted as Leave or Remain?

What??

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

In 1969 I had a French gf, there was nothing 

to stop my visiting her, the difficult part was

remembering to go the wrong way on roundabouts.

So I can't really see your du boeuf.

Visiting is quite different compared to living and working in another country.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

For same reason i dont worry about any acces to U.K......unless Cayman islands for which now ony I.D. card suffice ...lol????

My only acces in my lifetime was a co shared return flight by return from Thailand 11years ago ....eg. Lufthansa or B.A. Unfortunnaly it became B.A.  and costoms lady would definatly let check my 2 rings on value other office  ??? ....horrible transport by busses to other terminal.... really 19 th century thing ...Never used a core shared flight anymore ????

Edited by david555

11 minutes ago, david555 said:

For same reason i dont worry about any acces to U.K......unless Cayman islands for which now ony I.D. card suffice ...lol????

My only acces in my lifetime was a co shared return flight by return from Thailand 11years ago ....eg. Lufthansa or B.A. Unfortunnaly it became B.A.  and costoms lady would definatly let check my 2 rings on value other office  ??? ....horrible transport by busse to other terminal.... really 19 th century thing ...Never used a core shared flight anymore ????

The Maldives rejoined the Commonwealth just one hour after the UK left the EU, smart cookies.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

The Maldives rejoined the Commonwealth just one hour after the UK left the EU, smart cookies.

They wont be long anymore on the surface  by the oceans rising ...they play safe ...for later easy acces to one of the commonwealth country's i guess ????

• Haha 1

On 1/31/2020 at 8:37 PM, Forethat said:

Sounds like you're onto something new here...I'll make sure that our political leaders are aware of that during the next GE campaign. Top tip, if you ask me...

The political version of Jacob Marley:

"Boohoooo....a word of caution, leaders: There is nothing more politically dangerous than a failure to deliver on expectations of improvement. Boohoooo"

:cheesy:

As much as I’d like to take credit, I shall not:

https://www.britannica.com/topic/J-curve-hypothesis