Police shoot man dead in London after stabbing described as terrorism

webfact

16 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Thank you evadgib, the video you have posted and Sadiq Khan in that video makes the self same arguments I have made.

In 2012 the Tory government relaxed the laws that would have kept this terrorist in Prison.

The release of this terrorist and others is a matter for the Government, not the Mayor of London.

The Government have failed to respond since the London Bridge terror attack.

Boris Johnson and Priti Patel are the people who need to face the questions asked, not the Mayor of London.

Again, thank you for providing support to my arguments.

Time for Patel to resign and for Johnson to be put on notice.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

The Krays never existed then?.........????

Yes ,they shanked each other ,not decent people going about their daily lives ,and did not put on suicide vests and go to music festivals and blow themselves up . so dont bother with saying things like that .????

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Thank you evadgib, the video you have posted and Sadiq Khan in that video makes the self same arguments I have made.

In 2012 the Tory government relaxed the laws that would have kept this terrorist in Prison.

The release of this terrorist and others is a matter for the Government, not the Mayor of London.

Boris Johnson and Priti Patel are the people who need to face the questions asked, not the Mayor of London.

Thanks Chomper; i don't agree with your last paragraph but here's another clip that the board might appreciate;

27 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

The Krays never existed then?.........????

Those guys were the BEST...I wish they were around to administer some good ol fashioned justice to these immigrants that think they gonna try to intimidate the citizens of london/UK.  Lock & Load...

source (1).gif

Edited by mike787
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

he will try to sort it ,they had nothing to do with what was decided years ago .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ridiculous comments from his Mum today, in an obvious attempt to avoid a charge of aiding a terrorist.

’He was such a polite boy, I’m shocked he would do that’ 

meanwhile neighbours call the whole family ‘ultra religious’!!

Convicted terrorists liked this and the London Bridge attacker should have been jailed indefinitely. You can’t reform people with such radical views and they are best locked up forever with a few copies of the Koran and a prayer mat.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Hackney35 said:

Ridiculous comments from his Mum today, in an obvious attempt to avoid a charge of aiding a terrorist.

’He was such a polite boy, I’m shocked he would do that’ 

meanwhile neighbours call the whole family ‘ultra religious’!!

Convicted terrorists liked this and the London Bridge attacker should have been jailed indefinitely. You can’t reform people with such radical views and they are best locked up forever with a few copies of the Koran and a prayer mat.

I hadn't seen that bit. It changes the context somewhat if it proves accurate.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Good job well done. But why oh why does the namby pamby British justice system release terrorists in the first place. They are obviously being brainwashed by these scum.

Sadly it is the way of the modern world and these prisoners play the system and shout about their human rights.

Personally I don't believe in Capital punishment as a deterrent. I worked in the prison system in the 1990s and I still don't think it would work. These type of prisoners are lost hopes and would never be rehabilitated. Maybe hard labour in a camp is the only solution. I really don't know except what we are doing now is not working.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, evadgib said:

When read in conjunction with the post to which I had replied the post should have made sense; furthermore the points were raised without resorting to the sort of drey-poking you have opted for in return.

Difficult to do that, as someone has had the relevant posts removed and my response only exits as you quoted it before that.

That you have no response to that points I raised other than to compare yourself to a squirrel whose nest is being disturbed only shows your acknowledgement of the paucity of your argument.

Check that the 'facts' you post are facts; you'll save yourself a lot of embarrassment that way.

5 hours ago, evadgib said:

Welcome back 49, I knew you wouldn't sulk forever but you have yet to master the fine line separating banter from blatant abuse ????

Sulk? No, simply family matters which are far more important than embarrassing you on an internet forum. I'm not stuck out in the middle of Nakhon Nowhere with nothing better to do.

Reading your posts directed at all those who produce facts which confound you is ample example of the difference between banter and abuse.

Edited by 7by7
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Wrong, Islam is not a label but the religion founded by a man who confessed to using terror to become victorious over his enemies, which is where these people get heir inspiration from. Jesus and the Buddha were not known to call for, or practice terrorism were they now. There have been thousands of Islamic terror attacks since 9/11 alone.

Whatever it is, it is getting used to kill innocent people on the streets of the UK and Europe and it needs to stop. I don't care if the majority are loving, caring people.

There are a minority that are causing far to many deaths and it needs to be removed.

Edited by Laughing Gravy
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Opl said:
6 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Well the Islamist terrorists have certainly succeeded with you!

Yes, I call it for what it is, and stand up for my values that are totally against Islamist activism in Europe. 

One of the stated aims of the Jihadists is to stir up hatred of all Muslims by non Muslims in Europe. The more they succeed in this, the more they can recruit to their cause.

All people like you and other Islamophobes have succeeded in doing is help them achieve their aim!

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

One of the stated aims of the Jihadists is to stir up hatred of all Muslims by non Muslims in Europe. The more they succeed in this, the more they can recruit to their cause.

All people like you and other Islamophobes have succeeded in doing is help them achieve their aim!

I said I stand against Islamic terrorism and Islamic Activism in Europe. You call it Islamophobia.

I'm totally against any impact of political Islam in our way of life in Europe. 

I did not even mention "Muslim" in my posts. 

So I have to understand from your argument that Muslims in Europe don't condemn Islamic Terrorism and Islamic Activism in their host countries?

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Difficult to do that, as someone has had the relevant posts removed and my response only exits as you quoted it before that.

That you have no response to that points I raised other than to compare yourself to a squirrel whose nest is being disturbed only shows your acknowledgement of the paucity of your argument.

Check that the 'facts' you post are facts; you'll save yourself a lot of embarrassment that way.

Sulk? No, simply family matters which are far more important than embarrassing you on an internet forum. I'm not stuck out in the middle of Nakhon Nowhere with nothing better to do.

Reading your posts directed at all those who produce facts which confound you is ample example of the difference between banter and abuse.

The only person you're embarrassing is reading this reply ????

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Opl said:

I said I stand against Islamic terrorism and Islamic Activism in Europe. You call it Islamophobia.

I'm totally against any impact of political Islam in our way of life in Europe. 

I did not even mention "Muslim" in my posts. 

So I have to understand from your argument that Muslims in Europe don't condemn Islamic Terrorism and Islamic Activism in their host countries?

Can you explain how Islam, political, religious or secular, has had a detrimental impact your way of life? The only real detrimental impact it's had on me is the lack of parking spaces around the local mosque on a Friday!

No mention of Muslims in that particular post; true. But as Islamist terrorists profess to be Muslims, the connection is clear.

Obviously the majority of Muslim spokespeople, political leaders, religious leaders and ordinary citizens, not just in Europe but worldwide, do condemn the terrorists; I'm glad that you now acknowledge that fact. A real change of heart based upon your posting history!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Can you explain how Islam, political, religious or secular, has had a detrimental impact your way of life? The only real detrimental impact it's had on me is the lack of parking spaces around the local mosque on a Friday!

No mention of Muslims in that particular post; true. But as Islamist terrorists profess to be Muslims, the connection is clear.

Obviously the majority of Muslim spokespeople, political leaders, religious leaders and ordinary citizens, not just in Europe but worldwide, do condemn the terrorists; I'm glad that you now acknowledge that fact. A real change of heart based upon your posting history!

The problem you have with posts like mine is that you focus on Islamophobia as a consequence and not as a cause.

I absolutely have not changed in my opinions. i'm totally comfortable with the idea that criticizing any religion is not a crime, nor an offense.    

Edited by Opl
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Opl said:

The problem you have with posts like mine is that you focus on Islamophobia as a consequence and not as a cause.

I absolutely have not changed in my opinions.   

If you want me and others to stop focusing on the Islamophobia in your posts, stop expressing it!

Going to answer the question? A reminder of it: "Can you explain how Islam, political, religious or secular, has had a detrimental impact your way of life? The only real detrimental impact it's had on me is the lack of parking spaces around the local mosque on a Friday!"

5 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

If you want me and others to stop focusing on the Islamophobia in your posts, stop expressing it!

Going to answer the question? A reminder of it: "Can you explain how Islam, political, religious or secular, has had a detrimental impact your way of life? The only real detrimental impact it's had on me is the lack of parking spaces around the local mosque on a Friday!"

i posted earlier about it, as replies to other posts in this thread, and the posts and replies have been removed maybe as 'off topic" I suppose, because I refered to France, so I won't post again here. But it's so obvious. 

Edited by Opl
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Opl said:

i posted earlier about it, as replies to other posts in this thread, and the posts and replies have been removed maybe as 'off topic" I suppose, because I refered to France, so I won't post again here. But it's so obvious. 

Not obvious to me, nor others I'm sure.

If your posts on the detrimental effects Islam has had on you have been removed as 'off topic' maybe you'll favour me with a response via PM?

13 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

The prison authority's had been warned he was a danger ,but under govt rules they had to release him after half his sentence .

Once released they should be deported.

(Or forced to eat a bacon sandwich and swear allegiance to the Queen!)

Edited by DaRoadrunner
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, overherebc said:

Is it fortunate or unfortunate that similar circumstances regarding live fire have existed on the 'rule book' for a long time. In a certain place it was a firm rule, 70's, that live fire could only be used 'if fired at first'. The rule has been reported in one very well publicised event and still to this day both sides claim different versions. If those following this guy had taken him out on the first sighting of what appeared to be a suicide vest or a knife in his hand, and considering their knowledge of who and what he was the public would have been up in arms against guess who.

taser?  lasso ? stun gun ? stun grenade ? a knock on the head with a cricket bat telescopic truncheon ? a good dose of mace on the face with a simultaneous tazering ? attack dogs trained in North Korea or in Russia ?

(relax, got your point just as hope you could get mine)...and I agree with you. Was just wondering what the family of the person still on  LTC in hospital would feel about the issue ?

Edited by observer90210

Fundamentalist islamic terrorism is a disease that spreds. Just like the Coronavirus from China. 

But does that justify the current hostility and physical agressions against Chinese in general in Europe and many other nations,  who are being openly insulted, discriminated, sometimes physically assaulted and so on ? .....and this goes for any issue that involves a specific ethnicity or religion.

Keep cool and remain civil......they are not all bad, not matter who, what or where....and deserve the respect given to regular people in society.

Edited by observer90210
  • Thanks 1

Unfortunately, as the law stands the authorities had no choice other than to release this man; even though he was known to be so dangerous that he was kept under 24/7 armed police surveillance. The police obviously didn't want him released and I doubt anyone else in authority did either.

The law needs to be changed; and Johnson has promised to so do. Whether he'll keep that promise remains to be seen.

Some interesting points on the early release of terrorists made on Jeremy Vine's BBC Radio 2 show today.

The most worthwhile, I thought, came from a self confessed former Jihadi who is now involved in running deradicalisation programmes in UK prisons. Sorry, but I can't remember his name.

If I recall correctly, his two major points were:-

1. Many young men become radicalised in prison because they are vulnerable to terrorists who are kept in the general prison population. So remove the terrorists from this population and keep them in special units. 
  2. Change the law so that anyone convicted of planning or committing a terrorist offence is sentenced to an indefinite term; with no chance of parole or early release until and unless independent reviews are convinced the person is no longer a threat.

Can't see anything wrong with either of those.

Some callers were in favour of capital punishment for terrorist offences, but those remarks merely reminded me of the Guildford four and the Birmingham six. 

Then there is the option of internment of suspects without trial. Yeah, Thatcher tried that; worked well: not!

• Like 2