Police shoot man dead in London after stabbing described as terrorism

webfact

2 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

Yes ,they shanked each other ,not decent people going about their daily lives ,and did not put on suicide vests and go to music festivals and blow themselves up . so dont bother with saying things like that .????

Wind your neck in........ the comment was a response to London previously being 'peaceful'.

2 hours ago, 7by7 said:

One of the stated aims of the Jihadists is to stir up hatred of all Muslims by non Muslims in Europe. The more they succeed in this, the more they can recruit to their cause.

All people like you and other Islamophobes have succeeded in doing is help them achieve their aim!

Fear of Islam is not irrational as Islamophobia suggests. it's quite understandable that a religion which inspires so many attacks on unbelievers, and which has a call to do that in the Quran creates at least a bit of uneasiness. We should not fear them of course we should expose the falsity and absurdity of the nonsense they all believe in, laugh at it in fact.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Fear of Islam is not irrational as Islamophobia suggests. it's quite understandable that a religion which inspires so many attacks on unbelievers, and which has a call to do that in the Quran creates at least a bit of uneasiness. We should not fear them of course we should expose the falsity and absurdity of the nonsense they all believe in, laugh at it in fact.

Charlie Hebdo always stood against fundamentalism and religious conservatism, whatever the religion, precisely the 3 monotheistic religions, targets of their satire.

6 hours ago, Opl said:

Charlie Hebdo always stood against fundamentalism and religious conservatism, whatever the religion, precisely the 3 monotheistic religions, targets of their satire.

But only the followers of one turned up to butcher them for having a laugh

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Unfortunately, as the law stands the authorities had no choice other than to release this man; even though he was known to be so dangerous that he was kept under 24/7 armed police surveillance. The police obviously didn't want him released and I doubt anyone else in authority did either.

The law needs to be changed; and Johnson has promised to so do. Whether he'll keep that promise remains to be seen.

Some interesting points on the early release of terrorists made on Jeremy Vine's BBC Radio 2 show today.

The most worthwhile, I thought, came from a self confessed former Jihadi who is now involved in running deradicalisation programmes in UK prisons. Sorry, but I can't remember his name.

If I recall correctly, his two major points were:-

1. Many young men become radicalised in prison because they are vulnerable to terrorists who are kept in the general prison population. So remove the terrorists from this population and keep them in special units. 
  2. Change the law so that anyone convicted of planning or committing a terrorist offence is sentenced to an indefinite term; with no chance of parole or early release until and unless independent reviews are convinced the person is no longer a threat.

Can't see anything wrong with either of those.

Some callers were in favour of capital punishment for terrorist offences, but those remarks merely reminded me of the Guildford four and the Birmingham six. 

Then there is the option of internment of suspects without trial. Yeah, Thatcher tried that; worked well: not!

The law was changed.

The Tories changed the law and relaxed controls in 2012.

9 hours ago, observer90210 said:

taser?  lasso ? stun gun ? stun grenade ? a knock on the head with a cricket bat telescopic truncheon ? a good dose of mace on the face with a simultaneous tazering ? attack dogs trained in North Korea or in Russia ?

(relax, got your point just as hope you could get mine)...and I agree with you. Was just wondering what the family of the person still on  LTC in hospital would feel about the issue ?

Yep I see your point re taser etc. The problem with a d---head in a suicide vest being the switch. If it's a release switch enclosed in his hand a knock on the head means you're close enough to be right in the middle of the blast when you knock him out and he lets go of the switch.

It's one of those rock and hard place times.

9 hours ago, Jip99 said:

Wind your neck in........ the comment was a response to London previously being 'peaceful'.

It was peacful ,the gangs kept to their own areas and just shot each other,i spent the late  60s and early 70s in swinging  in London and was never once afraid to roam the streets  

2 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

It was peacful ,the gangs kept to their own areas and just shot each other,i spent the late  60s and early 70s in swinging  in London and was never once afraid to roam the streets  

We disagree on our definition of peaceful - but I accept your point that the streets were safer.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hackney35 said:

Ridiculous comments from his Mum today, in an obvious attempt to avoid a charge of aiding a terrorist.

’He was such a polite boy, I’m shocked he would do that’ 

meanwhile neighbours call the whole family ‘ultra religious’!!

Convicted terrorists liked this and the London Bridge attacker should have been jailed indefinitely. You can’t reform people with such radical views and they are best locked up forever with a few copies of the Koran and a prayer mat.

Actually they were living on the social(hubby had gone off back to Sri Lanka although when with them he was unemployed)) their house was filthy as were the kids and there was always trouble there . why not send mum and the kids back to Sri Lanka ,or just let them live all their lives off our taxes.

12 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

Yes ,they shanked each other ,not decent people going about their daily lives ,and did not put on suicide vests and go to music festivals and blow themselves up . so dont bother with saying things like that .????

I was roaming the streets of souf london in the mid to late 80's early 90's, so I was'nt around for the great treat that were those lovely boys the Kray twins. Pretty sure they were not nearly as great as everyone seems to make them out to be and would'nt have hesitated to stab you if you were in the wrong place at the wrong time. London certainly wasn't peaceful on the estate I grew up on. Granted there were no suicide bombings but plenty of stabbings. Plus I did have the fun times of the IRA, whilst travelling to work across London.

Edited by CraigInBangkok

On uk news they are changing the law. No early release without parole board approval at two thirds served. To also apply to those already banged up.

So now the do-gooders are blaming the system saying more should be done on re-habilitation but really can't say how that can be done.

All this reminds of the guy who would order a pint and then p on the floor. After being thrown out a few times and saying how embarrassed he was he didn't come back for a few weeks. On the return the barman said are you cured now. Yes I am he said. Gets his pint and p's on the floor.

Thought you were cured shouted the barman.

I am he said I'm not embarrassed anymore.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, overherebc said:

So now the do-gooders are blaming the system saying more should be done on re-habilitation but really can't say how that can be done.

You don't re-habilitate someones beliefs ... I have compassion for certain types of crime due to circumstances but if you are a terrorist, murderer, rapist or paedo. Personally, I think throw away the key.

Edited by CraigInBangkok
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, CraigInBangkok said:

You don't re-habilitate someones beliefs ... I have compassion for certain types of crime due to circumstances but if you are a terrorist, murderer, rapist or paedo. Personally, I think throw away the key.

Agree. The only counselling that should be given should be to the cops who took down this piece of excrement.

A specific problem with Islamic Terrorism is radicalization within the prison system.

This is a problem the government have been aware of for at least the past ten years and has failed to act on.

The imprisonment of terrorists needs to include segregation from other prisoners to prevent further radicalizing.

The problem as ever, funding.

Cuts to policing, the prison service and the probation service together with cost driven  prisoner release policies are putting the public at risk, while failure to deal with radicalization within prisons is ensuring the threat is not diminishing.

Locking up Ideological terrorists and allowing them to poison the minds of other prisoners is not simply madness, it’s criminally negligent.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, 7by7 said:
22 hours ago, Salerno said:
22 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Once released they should be deported.

Where too?

Their home country!

Oh, hang on; that's the UK!

I would fly em back where they originated from and once over their country of origin, kick em out the plane door without a parachute. There ya go, terrorist repatriated.