Marriage extension and Passport ?

12 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Thanks but I am asking if I apply for marriage extension and while waiting the 30 days or more to go back to have passport stamped I can renew my passport.

I don't follow. Get the new passport NOW. Then when you apply for extension your extension stamp will go into new pp plus the details of your previous non o can be transferred to new passport on same visit to imm office.

Obviously you will present at imm with both passports and letter from embassy giving imm permission to transfer previous visa details. 

If need travel between now and then you take both passports.

Or just use your existing pp and after extension of stay granted obtain new pp then return imm and have stamps transferred.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Thanks but I am asking if I apply for marriage extension and while waiting the 30 days or more to go back to have passport stamped I can renew my passport.

Might be touch and go, though, as to whether you'd receive your new passport before the 30 days "under consideration" period expired. The official HMPO turnaround time for replacement British passports is 4 weeks.

If you wish to eke out your existing passport why not use it to apply for a one-off 60-day extension to visit your wife (assuming that you have not already obtained one of these with the non-immigrant visa you originally/last used to enter Thailand) and then apply for your next annual marriage extension with your new passport?

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I don't follow. Get the new passport NOW. Then when you apply for extension your extension stamp will go into new pp plus the details of your previous non o can be transferred to new passport on same visit to imm office.

Obviously you will present at imm with both passports and letter from embassy giving imm permission to transfer previous visa details. 

If need travel between now and then you take both passports.

Or just use your existing pp and after extension of stay granted obtain new pp then return imm and have stamps transferred.

Thanks anyway I getting no knowledge here about my passport having nearly 7 months when I apply for marriage extension and getting 30 days stamped at the time, in which time I will get a new passport.

Will go local Suk immigration ask them and do what they want.

7 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Thanks anyway I getting no knowledge here about my passport having nearly 7 months when I apply for marriage extension and getting 30 days stamped at the time, in which time I will get a new passport.

Will go local Suk immigration ask them and do what they want.

Not sure about your passport but many last 10 years. What's the big deal. You wish to squeeze out extra few months? If you obtained new pp prior to next extension you can attend imm for extension and transfer stamps in one hit.

Up to you

• Like 1

20 hours ago, OJAS said:

Might be touch and go, though, as to whether you'd receive your new passport before the 30 days "under consideration" period expired. The official HMPO turnaround time for replacement British passports is 4 weeks.

Yeah sorry you could be right but most times I have given 30 days from expiry date which I didn't post which is June 3rd '20 and I go 3 weeks usually before like I said, plenty time to get new passport.

As said I will check with my immigration office to make sure I thought someone here would know passport validation period but everyone says just get new passport.  

10 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Yeah sorry you could be right but most times I have given 30 days from expiry date which I didn't post which is June 3rd '20 and I go 3 weeks usually before like I said, plenty time to get new passport.

As said I will check with my immigration office to make sure I thought someone here would know passport validation period but everyone says just get new passport.  

The reason being someone would be crazy not to. Talk about make a rod for your back. Just to add, you state "I will check will my imm office...". 

More waste of time and their reply, something like..."cannot tell, up to you"

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

My suggestion is to get the new passport the month before you apply for your extension.

There is good chance that they will base the length of your extension on your old passport when you applied for the extension.

Better to lose a month of your passports validity than risk having to go back and apply for the extension again in November.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

My suggestion is to get the new passport the month before you apply for your extension.

There is good chance that they will base the length of your extension on your old passport when you applied for the extension.

Better to lose a month of your passports validity than risk having to go back and apply for the extension again in November.

I would like to use an agency someone like keyvisaco or thaivisa express to renew my UK passport.

Are you or anyone able to comment they are safe to use.?

15 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Please bear in mind, though, that, should you be minded to go down the route of a one-off 60-day extension in your existing passport to visit your wife as I have suggested, you won't be able to do so again when you next renew your passport in 10 years' time unless you exit Thailand in the meantime without a re-entry permit and then re-enter with (1) a fresh non-O visa, (2) a 60-day tourist visa or (3) a 30-day visa exemption, plus, in the case of (2) and (3), a subsequent non-O visa conversion at your local immigration office.

Edited by OJAS

2 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Please bear in mind, though, that, should you be minded to go down the route of a one-off 60-day extension in your existing passport as I have suggested, you won't be able to do so again when you next renew your passport in 10 years' time unless you exit Thailand in the meantime without a re-entry permit and then re-enter with (1) a fresh non-O visa, (2) a 60-day tourist visa or (3) a 30-day visa exemption, plus, in the case of (2) and (3), a subsequent non-O visa conversion at your local immigration office.

Yeah thanks for all replies, concessus is renew pp now, which I shall.

Wondered if any here have used agencies, I don't want go into Bkk.