Thailand Requires Chinese Tourists to Show Medical Certificates

webfact

29 minutes ago, sambum said:

Ban all Chinese temporarily? :cheesy: N/C - Baht/TAT rules - OK?

Not sure I want the Chinese banned. (And to be honest, it's not their fault; the Thai government is the one that made the decision to cater to them to the exclusion of everyone else. Can't fault the Chinese for Thai actions.) But . . . if all the Chinese go and then the virus breaks out, this place will look for easily identifiable scapegoats. Now, just who is easily identifiable?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JohnnyBKK said:

In China it's impossible to get the test done for coronavirus, they are all out of stock. So how are they supposed to get this certificate ?

They are not out of stock. How are they diagnosing 3200 cases a day?

4 minutes ago, Traubert said:

They are not out of stock. How are they diagnosing 3200 cases a day?

That's probably the limit of their capabilities for doing PCR tests. It's also the reason why the graph is almost linear for a few days now. Epidemics are exponential.

For those who can't read mandarin, just use Google translate, it's good enough translating into English: https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/Xq7jT0ErmFsIXZY5m3xoNQ

Edited by DrTuner

8 hours ago, ChipButty said:

They cant even get to see a doctor

I read in the SCMP that they're running short of Test kits in China. So how do you get tested and certified clear?

They're reportedly turning away hundreds (with police enforcement at the doors) of people  because they don't have the staff or testing equipment !

3 minutes ago, orchidfan said:

So how do you get tested and certified clear?

I doubt they do PCR tests once diagnosed. Just wait for the infection to run it's course and do normal blood tests, when those indicate normal values, "cleared". Well, either that or dead.

Edited by DrTuner
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, EricTh said:

You should take a break from digging nonsense here. 

So if there is a virus outbreak from New York, it is logical to ban all Americans as far away as LA from entering Thailand?

But it is not logical to ban Canadians from Toronto which is nearer to New York just because they are from different countries? 

It goes to show the mentality of certain people here.

There are now established cases of people testing positive to this Coronavirus in ALL of China's provinces One death already in Beijing....a.long way from Wuhan.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Traubert said:

Translation software ring a bell?

So ...... the immigration officer will scan said document into proposed translation software, or will he/she type it in? ???? Shouldn't be a problem as I am sure they are up on the Chinese lingo. ????

To do this extra work should,'t take longer than say, 10 minutes per passenger. Yeh, that'll work! ????

LOL  ????

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, thequietman said:

One can only assume that the doctor's note will be in Chinese. So, will the immigration officer be able to understand the document

They could use some of the thousands tour guides that have no work due to lack of Chinese tourists on Phuket.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, bluesofa said:

That must be a classic Catch 22: The need to get past immigration and to Khao San Road to buy a copy certificate, in order to show immigration.

I'm flying out on Friday. Maybe I should load up my duffle bag and sell them to the Chinese as they deplane?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, michaellee said:

And you are the source of making those knock offs. I shall refer loads of client for you so you could earn few bucks to support your cheap life in Pattaya. 

Ohh someone is a bit salty it seems, need a hug from mummy and a mug of warm milk ?

But your accusation has merit though, how does the Chine get past immigration to come collect a medical cert from me to show immigration upon their arrival ?

Edited by Don Mega

15 hours ago, Hackney35 said:

So many things wrong with this it actually made me laugh out loud when I read the headline.

Maybe someone should explain what a 14 day incubation period means to the geniuses who thought this one up.

It's Bloomberg that thought it up, has this been reported anywhere else such as in the Thai media?

10 hours ago, john davis said:

The Chinese don't spend money how can they be good for the economy ask restaurant and bar owners

Really?  How do they exist while they are here if they don't spend any money?  There's lots of Chinese in restaurants, do they get the food free?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Traubert said:

Hmm, reported by Bloomberg in America.

Nothing official seen from the Thai authorities and nothing heard at all here in China.

Ah well, wait and see.

Quite right and not one person here who is whinging about it has, so far, shown a link to any Thai announcement that confirms it!  Just some Yank fake news.

I remember at Poipet border there always used to be a guy sitting there selling or requiring Medical Certificates.... (basically it used to be 20 baht, then raised to 100 baht), but usually I just walked past that table and ignored it. seemed like a poipet immigration scam.

i suppose these tables will now appear at all immigrations where you can buy a certificate.

but, actually, I am sure they may be stricter on chinese people.. coz thai people would be scared of the virus (even though its no different from regular flu!  )

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 2/4/2020 at 6:41 AM, bluesofa said:

That must be a classic Catch 22: The need to get past immigration and to Khao San Road to buy a copy certificate, in order to show immigration.

I am sure that there will be "an agent" or two, complete with a messenger bag of paperwork and an ID pass hung around his neck, lurking near the queue!

14 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Really?  How do they exist while they are here if they don't spend any money?  There's lots of Chinese in restaurants, do they get the food free?

Is it possible that 'some' of the eateries they are herded to may be chinese owned and the bill is paid by the chinese tour operator, not by the customers, the chinese owner then filters profits back home.

I'm not saying that's how it is, I'm just asking the question.

20 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Is it possible that 'some' of the eateries they are herded to may be chinese owned and the bill is paid by the chinese tour operator, not by the customers, the chinese owner then filters profits back home.

I'm not saying that's how it is, I'm just asking the question.

Of course. It is also possible that some of the eateries are non-Chinese owned (could be Thai, Indian, Japanese, farang etc) and the same business model applies, like it does all over the world. 

10 hours ago, apophyss said:

EVERY weeks Thailand make some news looks like a first april,
but it's no a joke !

When they will understand they looks so stupid to all the world ?

Actual, not so stupids. Or mabey second stupids. Macau stupids first

https://www.thestandard.com.hk/breaking-news/section/4/140523/Macau-imposes-health-declarations-for-Chinese-visitors