Jomtiem Retirement Visa

42 minutes ago, baansgr said:

I know what you mean, however they are not illegal. More important, why did immigration send you away three times and what did they ask for on each ocasaion?

Would Fraudulent be a better description, mate, you have been here too long, a spade is a spade.

Thanks for what I assume is your offer of enlightenment, but I'm not requesting that, just informing people that the process is, purposefully made difficult to do on your own and I think we all know why.

Just now, peterfotis said:

Would Fraudulent be a better description, mate, you have been here too long, a spade is a spade.

Thanks for what I assume is your offer of enlightenment, but I'm not requesting that, just informing people that the process is, purposefully made difficult to do on your own and I think we all know why.

And I do understand why some might be a little sensitive about this subject, I'm told one of the worst mistakes we farang make is to talk too much about the Thai "system"

9 hours ago, peterfotis said:

Why are are you avoiding the question asked? Your answer could help others avoid the same issues. What were the reasons given to send you away 3 times? It surely is probable they preferred you gave them a bung for their pockets... but were their reasons sound? What did they ask for that you presumably failed to supply (other than the bung!).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Why are are you avoiding the question asked? Your answer could help others avoid the same issues. What were the reasons given to send you away 3 times? It surely is probable they preferred you gave them a bung for their pockets... but were their reasons sound? What did they ask for that you presumably failed to supply (other than the bung!).

Yes, I'd like to know also and it may help others as well...OP?

2 hours ago, baansgr said:
11 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Yes, I'd like to know also and it may help others as well...OP?

Were now on the third page of this thread and as usual, we have one or two posters complaining about Jomtien while the majority don't have any complaints and are generally satisfied with the service they receive.

Up till now, The OP has made various accusations but, despite repeated requests for some detail/proof of his complaints, he has steadfastly refused to expand on those accusations. I can only assume that, with the lack of any information, he is a troll who simply enjoys stirring the S**t in an attempt to wind other posters up.

Looking carefully through all the three pages of replies, ALL, apart from one poster have clearly stated they have had no problems with Jomtien when applying for their extension.

The one exception is the posts made by scubascuba3. He appears to be the only one that agrees with the OP, but likewise, he has not provided one shred of evidence to support his posts. If you can both supply the necessary information please do, we are waiting to hear it. If you can't back up your fanciful tales I can only assume you are both trolls.

On 2/6/2020 at 7:48 AM, baansgr said:

Documents required for a retirement extension at Jomtien are straight forward. Could the OP enlighten us on what issues he was rebuked three times. Possibly a misunderstanding on OPs part as he states "illegal" extension which there is no such thing. 

If you consider demanding a copy of foreign condo owner's work permit, or a copy of his housebook--in the name of a Thai national--"straight-forward" though nowhere are such requirements disclosed. They habitually use false pretexts of residence to deny legitimate non-O conversions at Jomtien. So if you rent a condo from a foreign owner, as many people do, be prepared to use a visa agent. I had to for this very reason, using exact same documentation as was originally presented and denied, with the same nasty I/O who now miraculously had no problems with the documentation now that it was submitted by an agent. The person submitting the documentation in my case was literally the only difference between success and failure. So stop defending these people.

And I should add that I dressed in a nice long-sleeve button-down shirt, well-groomed and clean-shaven, no cap or sunglasses--and it made F'all difference.

Edited by OZinPattaya

Just to let you how it works at Jomtiem Immigration, after 4 visits, to secure a legal retirement visa and each time being informed that I would require more documents

Maybe you should read what documents, copies etc. are required before you make your next try? Information can be found on TVF.

The 800k-method is as easy as can be. Don't blame others if you're not able to follow the available advices.

3 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Maybe you should read what documents, copies etc. are required before you make your next try? Information can be found on TVF.

The 800k-method is as easy as can be. Don't blame others if you're not able to follow the available advices.

Mine was also the 800k method--hardly "easy as can be." i love it when people who had no issues at Immigration automatically assume no one else will and that if they do it must be because they did something wrong.

26 minutes ago, OZinPattaya said:

Mine was also the 800k method--hardly "easy as can be." i love it when people who had no issues at Immigration automatically assume no one else will and that if they do it must be because they did something wrong.

Your case was quite special IMO. And at last - as far as I can remember - it was your landlord's fault, not the IO's.

Edited by JustAnotherHun

7 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Your case was quite special IMO. And at last - as far as I can remember - it was your landlord's fault, not the IO's.

Is renting a condo owned by a non-Thai in Pattaya or elsewhere in Thailand really that special? This is a practice in Jomtien Immigration that could affect a lot of potential retirees. Who knows if they will start applying it to 1-year renewals. Before renting my particular condo, I checked out three others. All were owned by foreigners, all were being brokered directly by owner or someone from the Juristic office. I totally agree this is bad practice, but it is what it is, and Jomtien Immigration is unfairly punishing the unsuspecting tenant for this, with zero warning of the requirements and absolutely no formal justification for it. It is patently done in order to force the applicant into using a visa agency.

6 minutes ago, OZinPattaya said:

I totally agree this is bad practice, but it is what it is, and Jomtien Immigration is unfairly punishing the unsuspecting tenant for this, with zero warning of the requirements and absolutely no formal justification for it. It is patently done in order to force the applicant into using a visa agency.

Jomtien Immigration is not unfairly punishing the tenant, the IO is simply applying the correct rules with the documentation he's been supplied with by you.

By not supplying the correct and required paperwork that Immigration requires it's the foreign owner that is unfairly punishing the tenant.