Facemask sales limited to 10 per customer

snoop1130

Facemask sales limited to 10 per customer

By THE NATION

800_5fe1cd49622ccd3.jpg

The Department of Internal Trade has asked 14 major modern trade operators to limit sales of protective facemasks to 10 at a time per customer.

Director-general Whichai Phochanakij said while meeting representatives of the sales outlets on Wednesday (February 5) that the aim was to prevent hoarding following a spike in demand while the 2019-nCoV coronavirus remains a threat.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30381651

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-02-05

I've yet to find a normal retail outlet in BKK that actually has any in stock, cheap drugstore masks or more expensive N95 respirators...

Every pharmacy, shop, store I've asked or checked, the answer has been the same - don't have any, and no idea if or when we'll get any back in stock.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DLock said:

I posted this yesterday...but this is why...

Chinese entrepreneurs...

83790134_562459074341208_3564948857135562752_n.jpg

Fake picture. According to some posters here, the Chinese don’t spend any money. Oh wait, they are zero baht tourists and get preferential treatment so they got the masks for free.  

1 hour ago, tomazbodner said:

Some new mask entrepreneurs, according to Thai social media...

Also in the post about mask manufacturers in Thailand, I noticed on headline photo that employees didn't even wear gloves...

How on Earth is that allowed...

I would think they must go through a sterilization process before packaging. Many things do, but I don't know for sure in this case.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Roy Baht said:

Not no good. Just unnecessary

C7E856F3-B843-4D9D-BE67-848DFF5FC759.png

YES - If you are regularly riding on the BTS or MRT lines in BKK where you're packed in like a sardine with scores of Chinese tourists with unknown points of origin.

If Thai taxi drivers can catch this virus from merely carrying Chinese tourists to or from the airport (as they clearly have, among the confirmed cases), then the kind of exposure I've described above re BTS & MRT is to me of equal or greater risk.

Or, unless you just believe in living dangerously... This, BTW, is the same WHO that has consistently recommended against travel restrictions, which is probably one of the few steps taken by countries outside China that has kept the non-China outbreaks relatively small thus far.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

13 hours ago, rabas said:

I would think they must go through a sterilization process before packaging. Many things do, but I don't know for sure in this case.

As we used to call the Petri dishes we were turning out: "Industrially Clean"

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Department of Internal Trade has asked 14 major modern trade operators to limit sales of protective facemasks to 10 at a time per customer.

No mention of wholesalers is this new rule for everybody?Will this restrict profits for those trying to make money to feed their families (note the dramatic enhancement) in these troubling economic times?

Edited by FarFlungFalang