Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Trump celebrates acquittal with White House pomp, condemns political foes

webfact

37 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Trump exemplifies everything the world loves to hate about Americans. Brash, overbearing, uncouth and bullying. However, he brings a new “value” to the table; that of lying and cheating (so 2 values actually). 

I doubt that he is liked by any world leader, though I am sure they love having him as the butt of their jokes. Quite sad actually. 

Yeah but they wish they were as popular as him and do for their economy what he has done for the states. Just go ask Macron.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

I am an investor like that. I am making more than I ever dreamed. I am not that smart I just save and invest. I buy MA I don't use Mastercard. The figures are astounding under Trump. I will be a millionaire soon.

Unless Bernie gets elected of course. 50% of Americans are about to get huge gains. The rest poop on the streets of SF. 

I buy from people like you.

Same boat. Almost.

Self taught investor.  Allowed me to retire very comfortably at the age of 56.  As I have aged, I have taken profits and slowly converted the riskier mutual funds to less risk or cash.  I'm about 50% invested at this point.

During this latest virus scare and market decline, that was STOCKS ON SALE!  I bought big.  ????

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chokrai said:

Yeah but they wish they were as popular as him and do for their economy what he has done for the states. Just go ask Macron.

Less than 50% approval rating. Yes, hugely popular. As for the economy, he is just riding on the coattails of what Obama set in motion. Don’t take my word for it. Study the charts. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ricohoc said:

Same boat. Almost.

Self taught investor.  Allowed me to retire very comfortably at the age of 56.  As I have aged, I have taken profits and slowly converted the riskier mutual funds to less risk or cash.  I'm about 50% invested at this point.

During this latest virus scare and market decline, that was STOCKS ON SALE!  I bought big.  ????

Have made money on just about every Trump tweet. These days even 16 year olds are buying stocks. It is causing demand that the brokerage houses are puzzled by. 

You can buy $10 of Amazon now. The stock market has been democratized. There is no bar to get involved like in the past.

1 minute ago, BobBKK said:

You lot predicted a market crash if he won!  now economy is doing well it's all Obama!  it's so funny and why no one can believe Dems anymore

It's because America is so much stronger than people give it credit for. Positive interest rates are always a good start. 

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Like 1

Polls have been telling us about horrible Trump since 2015.  Still believe national approval polls in presidential elections? 

I believe the 7,000 to 15,000 showings at Trump rallies (and thousands more camping out overnight) compared to 75 Democrats in a hotel meeting room.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

. . .

These days even 16 year olds are buying stocks. It is causing demand that the brokerage houses are puzzled by. 

. . . 

It doesn't puzzle me.

I see two things happening.  First, people are learning to invest in and improve their financial standing.  Individual Liberty and Equal Opportunity a wonderful thing. 

The second is that it reminds me of the shoeshine boys buying stocks just before the Great Depression.  I'm not losing my mind over that because there has to be "real" economic indicators that will have any impact.  It doesn't happen overnight unless one isn't paying attention to outside forces. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ricohoc said:

It doesn't puzzle me.

I see two things happening.  First, people are learning to invest in and improve their financial standing.  Individual Liberty and Equal Opportunity a wonderful thing. 

The second is that it reminds me of the shoeshine boys buying stocks just before the Great Depression.  I'm not losing my mind over that because there has to be "real" economic indicators that will have any impact.  It doesn't happen overnight unless one isn't paying attention to outside forces. 

As long as you stay away from exposure to fossils fuels you will be golden. Buy semi conductors and tech stay away from transports and oil.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, URMySunshine said:

Watched Midway last night an epc re-telling of US heroism and bravery in WW2. Then I remembered the acquittal of the great liar in chief Trump and contrasted his twisted personality with the true American war hero John McCain and felt ashamed to be human. The only Republican with balls is Mitt Romney. 

4 hours ago, ExpatOK said:

Complete B.S.

Indeed, how could a mere movie come close to encapsulating the harrowing physical and mental anguish, extremes of courage and fortitude, no, let us not mince  words, the sheer guts, displayed by the leading warrior of the free world throughout his epic battles against bone spurs, all those years ago - throughout the time he was eligible for the draft...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cryingdick said:

As long as you stay away from exposure to fossils fuels you will be golden. Buy semi conductors and tech stay away from transports and oil.

I've been out of individual stocks since I retired. 

Mutual funds provided more safety for me.

10 minutes ago, Ricohoc said:

CBS News / YouGov Poll of watchers of Trump's SOTU:

Approval

Republicans 97%

Democrats 30%

Independents 82%

There are lies , damn lies and then there is Trump. 

If Trump's record approval rating goes up another 19 points, he will overtake Richard Nixon and his highest approval rating will no longer be the lowest of any modern president. If he brings it up 22 points, he'll be tied with Gerald Ford, but it would take a 26-point boost for him to ascend the dizzy heights reached by Jimmy Carter.

Bill Clinton also saw his approval rate hit a record high after he was impeached: 73%. By the time he was acquitted 2 months later, it had dipped a little, to 68%.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/116677/presidential-approval-ratings-gallup-historical-statistics-trends.aspx

Oh and even if he was the most popular man in the universe , ever ,  so what , doesn't count for jack poo in my world. Oh and let's not forget the inauguration. 

https://www.quora.com/What-were-Hitler’s-approval-ratings

Edited by URMySunshine

1 hour ago, Cryingdick said:

That's too bad it has been a frenzy lately. But yeah we all have different parameters for risk.

Good idea to keep some cash on hand for the next downturn. The best buys I made were after the crash in 2008. There were some great stocks on sale. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jingthing said:

An extremely abnormal presidential event.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/02/06/politics/donald-trump-impeachment-senate-acquitted/index.html

The hidden worst part of Donald Trump's unhinged impeachment victory speech

Less than 24 hours after formally being acquitted by the Senate, President Donald Trump riffed for over an hour from inside the White House -- a vengeful, angry, fact-challenged spew of score-settling that even for this most unorthodox of presidents was eye-opening in its tone and jaw-dropping in its boundary busting

Interesting Fox news saying he has never witnessed a press conference like this. LOL trump cult feeding frenzy