BF Goodrich to Bridgestone Duelers.....night and day

ndwgolf

I changed the tires on my 2018 Ranger from BF Goodrich to Bridgestone Duelers............it's like day and night. I rarely drive off road but the Goodrich tires in both wet and dry conditions were a nightmare to stop on the tarmac............Since putting on the Dualers my confidence level is back to where it should be. If anyone else is having issues stopping with the BF Goodrich take a look at the Duelers.

I have no affiliation with any of these tire guys I'm just a regular guy hanging out in Phuket

Neil    

IMG_20191129_082514.jpg

IMG_20191129_082506.jpg

IMG_20190921_092449.jpg

IMG_20191203_092006.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

One of the thnings to remember when buying tyres or a vehicle is to check the manufacture date. Each brand is different but there is a code with month/year on all tyres.  I had similar problems with a used car I bought in Thailand, but tread was deep and the tyres not used much. When I did finally check the manufacture date - the tyres were 8 years old.  I bought a new set and the change was dramatic - a whole new car.   Perhaps that is what happenned to yours - BF Goodrich are usually an OK tyre, but all tyres go 'off' when too old - or if left sitting out in the Thailand weather for years in some back yard.  

I agree with Aussie Bob. DOM on tires is really very important and has a significant impact of performance as they vulcanize and lose a lot of performance characteristics.

Now that stated, Bridgestone Dueler AT tires are a very good tire. Any new tire always feel better. The road noise is different as the feel. I have BFG Mud Terrain KM3 tires and they are outstanding. Its my 2nd set here.