Farangs who don’t wear face masks should be kicked out of Thailand says health minister

webfact

7 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Any reports of white guys catching it yet?

Is it really a disease only Asians get?

Of course anyone can catch it, a group of 4 British people got it in France from a friend coming back from Singapore.

Don't listen that 3rd Reich propaganda.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, El Matador said:

Of course anyone can catch it, a group of 4 British people got it in France from a friend coming back from Singapore.

Don't listen that 3rd Reich propaganda.

All British are white? How racist of you, we are a diverse nation of immigrants well on the way to becoming over 50% people of color by 2050

• Like 1

1 minute ago, expatinbangkok said:

All British are white? How racist of you, we are a diverse nation of immigrants well on the way to becoming over 50% people of color by 2050

Come on. I didn't say that. A group of British people got infected so yeah statiscally ethnicity doesn't matter unless it was a group 100% Asian British people to prove your point I am racist.

I am mixed so I couldn't care less about your nonsense.

4 hours ago, morrobay said:

And that should include removing all the foreign investment in manufacturing for exports.  As well as the foreign engineers who are required for the advanced projects such as skytrains, subways and bridges. Then the Thai economy can prosper with all it has left - rice and girls for exports .

You think the foreign engineers work for free? And that the foreign investments are gifts? Without Thailand and other developing economies here in SEA, a lot of these foreign engineers will be in the dole queue. 

Nobody said something to the 3,000 + Germans who arrived via Luxus Liner on Phuket?

I'm only wondering why? Thais wouldn't just say nothing only because they spent a few million baht in a day?

They don't need our money, do they?

Where was the Minister when they needed him? 

Edited by Isaanbiker
Once upon a time, a prime and his health minister went swimming.

Just now, RJRS1301 said:

Any reports of white guys catching it yet?

Is it really a disease only Asians get?

It seems that since China is the epicentre of the outbreak, and the majority of the people exposed initally are Chinese, the greatest number of those exposed to the virus would be Asian, virus do not discriminate, virus only wants a host to live off

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Odysseus123 said:

I think nothing will happen to this particular fuedal baron because,I believe,his views very accurately reflect those of the other fuedal barons and clan godfathers which make up the aforesaid National Gov't of Cloudcuckooland.

Exactly. How could anyone staying in Thailand longer than 10 minutes expect Anutin would face consequencies?

1. He just speaks out what his fellow regime morons think.

2. The beloved General needs him and his party to stay in power - at least until he proceeds the next coup.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

It seems that since China is the epicentre of the outbreak, and the majority of the people exposed initally are Chinese, the greatest number of those exposed to the virus would be Asian, virus do not discriminate, virus only wants a host to live off

According to a recently published Chinese research paper virus do discriminate, and this particular one is looking for ACE2 receptors to enter the victims lungs, something Asian man have 5x more of than Caucasian and African people.

Apparently SARs was the same, which is allegedly why SARs came to nothing outside China.

21 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

According to a recently published Chinese research paper virus do discriminate, and this particular one is looking for ACE2 receptors

From an un-peer reviewed study of (8 EIGHT) people. 

you also need to define what you mean by Asian.

Edited by Airbagwill

I couldn't care less what he has said.  We need to understand just how jealous and insecure these bods are. 

As long as we support each other on the forum we need not worry about these people.

We must not drop to our knees. We are proud and should hold our heads high and not lower ourselves to their levels. 

Edited by owl sees all
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

I couldn't care less what he has said.  We need to understand just how jealous and insecure these bods are. 

As long as we support each other on the forum we need not worry about these people.

We must not drop to our knees. We are proud and should hold our heads high and not lower ourselves to their levels. 

these sound like the words of a loon ..... who do you think "WE" is?

• Like 1

News conference yesterday in Korat, PM Prayut and his entourage and not a single mask in sight. The person in the light blue shirt with the baseball cap just behind Prayut looks like Anutin. Has Prayut now ordered that nobody has to wear masks inline with what WHO has been telling the media? Mind you, not many Thais outside of Bangkok were wearing them in the first place...

image.png.17d2f79b913bab6818c28c787a95d526.png

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Forza2002 said:

The person in the light blue shirt with the baseball cap just behind Prayut looks like Anutin.

I don't think so. I think the guy over Prayut's shoulder is ai Anutin. Wearing his mask under his chin, as he did during his rant. Must be the proscribed method in Thailand.

The UK health authorities last week said that face masks are almost useless. The chances of catching the virus are relatively small as long as you don't stand close to an infected person for more than 5 minutes, I think they said close was deemed to be 2 metres, yes I know how do you know who is infected, but the face mask wont save you and if you are wearing one they are only good for 2 hours before they need replacing. I assume the Health Minister was in-between the changing of the mask.

The Thai minister is obviously poorly informed and does not know when to keep his mouth in standby, but, when there is microphone or camera it is very difficult here.

Sometimes the people who are put in so called responsible positions is both amazing and disappointing.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, nong38 said:

The UK health authorities last week said that face masks are almost useless. The chances of catching the virus are relatively small as long as you don't stand close to an infected person for more than 5 minutes, I think they said close was deemed to be 2 metres, yes I know how do you know who is infected, but the face mask wont save you and if you are wearing one they are only good for 2 hours before they need replacing. I assume the Health Minister was in-between the changing of the mask.

The Thai minister is obviously poorly informed and does not know when to keep his mouth in standby, but, when there is microphone or camera it is very difficult here.

Sometimes the people who are put in so called responsible positions is both amazing and disappointing.

Exactly - He has publicly made a fool of himself, which undermines both national and international publics' confidence in Thailand's ability to deal with this situation.

15 hours ago, ThailandGuy said:

When i hear Thai talking about "Farang" it always gives me the feeling that it is being used in a negative way, given they way they look towards the farang when they pronounce that word. What this minister does is only confirming that feeling.

He does not care about insulting caucasion people, he does not care about all the good things they bring to Thailand, he is just one of them who hates "farangs" if you ask me. It's pure racism and hate. 

Should I believe the experts in my country as they tell us that wearing a mask will not help from getting infected with the virus? They say It will just reduce spreading of the virus a bit once a person is infected.

Anyway this minister doing more harm to his own country by such statements then the virus itself does. Land of smiles? I don't think so anymore. At least it does not feel that way.

HE is a product of nepotism..What else can you expect from a unqualified fool.

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

According to a recently published Chinese research paper virus do discriminate, and this particular one is looking for ACE2 receptors to enter the victims lungs, something Asian man have 5x more of than Caucasian and African people.

Apparently SARs was the same, which is allegedly why SARs came to nothing outside China.

Prepare to be called racist. In the name of holy political correctness, it is not allowed to point out people have different genetic makeups. 

• Thanks 1