Farangs who don’t wear face masks should be kicked out of Thailand says health minister

webfact

8 minutes ago, rossco1 said:

Funny Just come from Market Village 

A large number of people not wearing Masks '

I SAY large number based on amount of people there not Many 

However a few Chinese not wearing MASKS 

I have a busy food market just opposite my condominium. You might see a handfull wearing masks.

The Chinese are the ones who are supposed to wear masks because there's always a risk they might be infected. That's not the case with healthy people, thai or farang. 

*Removed post edited out*

So Chinese coming into the country pose NO threat? Is that what you are saying? There has been plenty of studies showing that face masks are not near as much help as starting away from people who may have the virus like Chinese tourists. So it is the government not the stupid and naive. Most of us love Thai people, but we don't like the Thai government when it says one thing, but does another.

Edited by metisdead
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Beggar said:

The WHO is in panic because there is a worldwide shortage of masks. 

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/20200208_08/

What are you talking about? The only ones panicking are people in China and clueless healthy people thinking a mask protects you from getting infected. The mask is supposed to protect others, not the person wearing the mask.

As I do under stand fluently Thai. 

He does the worst discrimination against Westerners.

I am pleasing and asking you, to contact foreign journasist to post articles in their new to

show the real face of this fashism spirit. 

Further, everybody should complain to their Embassy and request

a protest note to the Thai government.

Show this spirit to the world, and not any tourist will visit Thailand anymore.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, curlylekan said:

So Chinese coming into the country pose NO threat? Is that what you are saying? There has been plenty of studies showing that face masks are not near as much help as starting away from people who may have the virus like Chinese tourists. So it is the government not the stupid and naive. Most of us love Thai people, but we don't like the Thai government when it says one thing, but does another.

I think it is a common practice of Asian people to wear masks for different reasons - pollution, being sick, avoiding to get sick. We don't have the same in Farang countries. In some Farang countries it is in the meantime even against the law to cover your face. So compared to Farangs I see many Asian people with masks in shopping malls and when they are visiting tourists attractions. I think it is simply the mentality that they use masks more often - and if the reason might be only fashion. 

1 minute ago, SuwadeeS said:

As I do under stand fluently Thai. 

He does the worst discrimination against Westerners.

I am pleasing and asking you, to contact foreign journasist to post articles in their new to

show the real face of this fashism spirit. 

Further, everybody should complain to their Embassy and request

a protest note to the Thai government.

Show this spirit to the world, and not any tourist will visit Thailand anymore.

So what you are saying, if I understand your slightly less than fluent English, is that his outburst should go viral and by so doing, show the whole world how racist and xenophobic Thailand is and as a consequence, the world will boycott Thailand and no foreigner should come anymore? I agree. You can start the ball rolling by, you know, putting your money where your mouth is. 

7 minutes ago, curlylekan said:

This guy Beggar is totally clueless. He is as smart as the health minister. They believe that a healthy person needs a mask,not the other way around. The mask is supposed to protect others if the person

wearing it is infected. 

4 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

is there already a second hand market for those masks?

yeah seems they sell second hand N95 masks on internet, seems really risky to me, never know what the previous wearer was carrying on their skin.

23 hours ago, Just Weird said:

"He asked Thai people to help kick out foreigners who don't wear masks."

He did not say that, at least that was not reported in the OP.  Let that sink in.

You seem to think the OP is our only source of current affairs...Let that sink in...

A friend told me once that what Thai government really wants,

and what would be the perfect solution, all in all, is that every

western people coming to Thailand, preferably with Thai Airways

(so as the airliner don`t goes bankrupt), land in the airport, give them

your money and take next flight home again (with Thai Air).

Now that would be the ideal solution! 

I`m sure this plonker would like that (saving masks also!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am amazed that your great boss The General has not yet realized that his government is haunted by people who can only do low-style propaganda, Anutin you are not the only one and this is perhaps the reason why you feel so much strong ... no, you are not, baby go to sleep!

2 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Very easy. White skin, big nose, big dick. Everything that ai Anutin doesn't have.

Perhaps you forgot an important part, the brain?

A better education and a higher IQ, perhaps?

Some even know that Marlboro isn't really a country. 

• Haha 2

Are you the health minister? Give a bad example to your people, you are too fat, one of your doctors told me that I must pay attention to my weight, I am 170 cm tall and weighed 77.5 kg at the time of the visit, surely overweight, I think you are a little smaller but a few kilos more than mine, give a good example before talking about things you don't understand!

Partnerships with China far exceed any European  based nations.   Thailand is set to become a State of China in the future IMO and all Thais to become Chinese Communist citizens.  There is an increasingly brewing xenophobic, racist feeling against the 'West' and an increasing alliance with China.  China is the new super power and globally it is overtaking nations everywhere by economic stealth. That is painfully obvious for anyone including 'Blind Freddy'. 

The Minister here IMO, albeit venting frustration, may be expressing the overall views of a Thai elite government who want westerners out altogether and the transition to begin for re-education.  Some people set to become very very rich, like many other governments around the world who have succumbed.  

Edited by aussienam
  • Thanks 1

I think the tossers who are letting the Chinese carriers in should be sacked. No need to worry about the farang who selects to have minimal communication with the Chinese UNLIKE Thais who work in the service industry. Cannot believe the typical hypocrisy that is familiar in this country.

This post should be at the head of every page 1000% correct.....EXACTLY the problem.....thanks Mike!

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

And what about the Thai people who do not wear a mask? Will their citizenship be revoked? Does Anutin realize how inane he sounds? Does he understand that Thailand is in the midst of an unprecedented tourism crisis? Does he not have any perception of how harmful these racist rants are? And this coming from a man who has zero experience in the "health" field, and was appointed minister of health. Bizarre. Lame. Dumb. Non-visionary. Inept. Creepy. 

Again Prayuth demonstrates how totally ill prepared he is to lead his country, and to deal with anything bordering on a crisis situation. He appoints these clowns. What can one say?

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Melbun said:

Hahhaha - So aren't Indians, Pakistani's and Arabs farangs (foreigners)?? Umm they are not white skinned!!

Well at least you qualify for two out of three. That is: white skinned & big nose - pity about the last - Noi told me about it. I think it's called micro penis ????

No, not farangs.

How do you know I don't qualify for the 3rd, presumably you were the perv who followed me into the toliets. If you were, you should have gone to Specsavers.

• Haha 1

Another comment hits the nail squarely on the head!

The minister said that farangs who refuse to wear masks “don’t care about the big picture” and “they don’t have any consideration to the situation”.

That's rich coming from a country that allowed millions of Chinese into the country over the CNY period!!!

If anyone needs to be kicked out of anywhere it should be him from his office.

45 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

I have a busy food market just opposite my condominium. You might see a handfull wearing masks.

The Chinese are the ones who are supposed to wear masks because there's always a risk they might be infected. That's not the case with healthy people, thai or farang. 

The Nova Corona virus doesn't just incubate in Chinese people you know?  You are being presumptuous and shortsighted that Thai and farang aren't carrying the virus too by now.  That's  utter foolishness. 

Thailand allowed thousands of Chinese potentially carrying the virus to enter since from the beginning of this outbreak.  Each carrier can spread it to others just like a flu virus. It can spread for the whole period it incubates inside you, symptomatic or asymptomatic.  It does not discriminate who you are! A virus doesn't care if you are Chinese or not! A virus is a ... VIRUS.  Think about what you wrote.  Think about how you normally contract a flu.  Same deal here except higher percentage mortality rate.  

• Like 1