Farangs who don’t wear face masks should be kicked out of Thailand says health minister

webfact

On 2/7/2020 at 2:52 PM, Thunder26 said:

Unbelievable! Where does all this hatred come from?

I understand when people talk in the kitchen, but this is on a government level. I'm speechless. 

The hatred come entirely from jealousy, uneducated, probably skint living on borrowed money, living in what Falangs would consider squalor, surrounded by spounging family with a typical Thai wife looking for a rich Falang with a bigger willy. Just another day in Thailand really.

On 2/7/2020 at 2:46 PM, Beggar said:

This is correct. VERY many Farangs do not use a mask. Are they too stupid or immortal? And as hard as it might sound - such ignorant and naive tourists pose a danger to others in Thailand. 

So you think ignorant and naive Farangs pose more danger than the plane loads of Chinese that enter everyday?

Naturally, you should be made aware that 99.9% of all global infections, are in China.....can you join the dots?

• Like 1

I am a farang and have lived in Thailand longer than 20% of the native born who still live in Thailand.  Approximately 14% of native Thais currently living in Thailand are of Chinese ethnic origins. So according to my math that’s more than 34% of the Thai nation who should be wearing mask who are not “FARANG”. Plus what about all the Thais who are married to those disease ridden farangs and the filthy Thai Chinese, and the children of these abominations, and the Thai friends Thai come into contact with the above fore mentioned? Don’t forget Thai males who pay for 98% Of the prostitution that goes on in Thailand.  Wow! The math is staggering...... and who are you going rip off?.... oh, the ones wearing mask.  Sale in those multi million dollar watches are going to drop!

17 minutes ago, aussienam said:

The Nova Corona virus doesn't just incubate in Chinese people you know?  You are being presumptuous and shortsighted that Thai and farang aren't carrying the virus too by now.  That's  utter foolishness. 

Thailand allowed thousands of Chinese potentially carrying the virus to enter since from the beginning of this outbreak.  Each carrier can spread it to others just like a flu virus. It can spread for the whole period it incubates inside you, symptomatic or asymptomatic.  It does not discriminate who you are! A virus doesn't care if you are Chinese or not! A virus is a ... VIRUS.  Think about what you wrote.  Think about how you normally contract a flu.  Same deal here except higher percentage mortality rate.  

If you know how to read, I said exactly same as the WHO: A healthy person don't need to wear a mask. If an airplane arrives from China,the risk having several infected by the Coronavirus is 100 times higher than if the airplane came from let's say Norway or Finland. Don't watch Thai TV to much, you won't be able to sleep. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Beggar said:

The WHO is in panic because there is a worldwide shortage of masks. 

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/20200208_08/

Yes, for Health Care Professionals!

WHO Director General -Tedros stressed the need to get supplies to the people and places that need them most. He said health workers are the top priority, followed by those who are sick or caring for someone who is sick. 

Are you not reading your own posts?

24 minutes ago, Suua said:

So you think ignorant and naive Farangs pose more danger than the plane loads of Chinese that enter everyday?

Naturally, you should be made aware that 99.9% of all global infections, are in China.....can you join the dots?

You can't reason with a guy like Beggar. He's totally clueless. I guess he watches to much Thai TV. If he's even in Thailand. 

• Haha 1

On 2/7/2020 at 8:46 AM, Berkshire said:

Exactly.  Not sure why he's singling out farangs.  If he had mentioned Chinese people, might make a bit of sense (but still overkill). 

Farangs aren't just Europeans, it's all foreigners, but Thai have started to leave out Chinese as farangs, don't get why though.

Oh, could it be the high so Chinese families running Thailand ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3

Katana-re the above post..

There looks like quite a few Thais lining up for attitude re-adjustment and prosecutions for "fake News"

A tough job but the Thai gov't (3,627 generals,admirals and air commodores) will get it done...

It's the only job they really do.

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Dap said:

Yes, for Health Care Professionals!

WHO Director General -Tedros stressed the need to get supplies to the people and places that need them most. He said health workers are the top priority, followed by those who are sick or caring for someone who is sick. 

Are you not reading your own posts?

Dap I don't know what to do. If I don't use a mask I am careless (according to the government). If I use a mask without symptoms I am egoistic because others need my mask more urgently (according to the WHO). So what should I do now? Is there no option where I am not careless AND not egoistic? 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Beggar said:

Dap I don't know what to do. If I don't use a mask I am careless (according to the government). If I use a mask without symptoms I am egoistic because others need my mask more urgently (according to the WHO). So what should I do now? Is there no option where I am not careless AND not egoistic? 

You could always take ai Anutin's advice and do one.

5 minutes ago, Beggar said:

Actually Beggar, you just need to do what you feel is best for you. I think why most folks disagree with you is because you seemed to be making a point of championing/agreeing with Khun Anutin's attitude that the mask is a necessity and if we don't agree with his incorrect assessment of the situation we should be kicked-out. No one has any problem with you doing whatever you feel is necessary. Have at it mate.

• Like 2

As a Farang and a Thailand Elite visa holder I feel so very welcome when I hear comments like this.  Maybe you should include people wearing face masks in your Thailand Elite visa promotional video. Welcome to Thailand Elite where you can enjoy all the privileges of a Elite visa member while wearing your mandatory face mask. Forget the gold outfits and the wai greeting in the airport!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Dap said:

Actually Beggar, you just need to do what you feel is best for you. I think why most folks disagree with you is because you seemed to be making a point of championing/agreeing with Khun Anutin's attitude that the mask is a necessity and if we don't agree with his incorrect assessment of the situation we should be kicked-out. No one has any problem with you doing whatever you feel is necessary. Have at it mate.

But I have a bad feeling now with my mask. Before I have thought other people that see me with the mask were thinking that I am a caring person. But now they might think that (according to the WHO) I am an egoistic a..hole or at least sick already. Better to stay at home. ????

https://www.thejakartapost.com/travel/2020/02/07/how-to-avoid-coronavirus-on-flights-forget-masks-says-top-airline-doctor.html

Forget face masks and rubber gloves. The best way to avoid the coronavirus is frequent hand washing, according to a medical adviser to the world’s airlines.

The virus can’t survive long on seats or armrests, so physical contact with another person carries the greatest risk of infection on a flight, said David Powell, a physician and medical adviser to the International Air Transport Association.

Edited by metisdead
Edited as per fair use policy.

1 hour ago, XJPSX said:

I think the tossers who are letting the Chinese carriers in should be sacked. No need to worry about the farang who selects to have minimal communication with the Chinese UNLIKE Thais who work in the service industry. Cannot believe the typical hypocrisy that is familiar in this country.

To sack these guys you need more and bigger guns than they have.

• Thanks 1

"Mr Anutin added that Asian tourists are all using the government issued facemasks but that Europeans are not - using a derogatory Thai tone when describing Europeans".

European have Pretty Face - No Cover!

Not same "Your" Thai Face - Better Cover!

Maybe Loose Face Huh?