China scientists identify pangolin as possible coronavirus host

snoop1130

17 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Something good may come out of this,maybe China will stop eating 

endangered species.

regards worgeordie

17 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Don't hold your breath. After the SARS outbreak, they announced a ban on the sale of civet cats in food markets. A recent documentary on food markets in China clearly showed stall holders selling civet cats.

It's very difficult to change an ancient culture so proud of itself with a huge reservoir of uneducated people who continue to believe mumbo-jumbo regarding the health benefit of eating wild animals. Then there is the snob appeal to city people of eating exotic wildlife. While Chinese medicine over the millennia has by trial and ERROR discovered useful treatments, think herbal, the ensuing credibility has lent itself to supporting superstitious beliefs regarding power derived from consuming wildlife.

Mao's Cultural Revolution was never about transforming the backward mentality of Chinese culture. It was a disguised manipulation of the masses to satisfy the paranoia of a power-obsessed monster. 

4 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

I'm not sure what they eat is so much the problem, as the way the live animals are kept in filthy cages in fresh food markets. If these animals are sick (and some of them obviously are) they are still actively spreading virus particles into their surroundings, in close proximity to humans, other live animals, fresh food and meat etc.

If the animals were humanely slaughtered in properly-regulated, hygienic conditions before being brought to market, there surely wouldn't be nearly as much chance of these viruses crossing the species barrier.

The problem with regulation in China is that the unsanitary practices promoting cross-species transmission would just be kept out of sight if markets were permitted to sell viral hosts in "hygienic" conditions!

China’s official Xinhua news agency reported that the genome sequence of the novel coronavirus strain separated from pangolins in the study was 99% identical to that from infected people. It said the research had found pangolins - the world’s only scaly mammals - to be “the most likely intermediate host.”

But James Wood, head of the veterinary medicine department at Britain’s University of Cambridge, said the research was far from robust.

“The evidence for the potential involvement of pangolins in the outbreak has not been published, other than by a university press release. This is not scientific evidence,” he said.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-health-pangolins/scientists-question-work-suggesting-pangolin-coronavirus-link-idUSKBN2010XA

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jb61 said:

deception by China.

From the author of the international bioweapons treaty.

According to Dr. Francis Boyle; coronavirus is manmade. 

https://principia-scientific.org/creator-of-us-bioweapons-act-says-coronavirus-is-a-bio-weapon/

If he is the creator of bioweapons, that probably gives a glue of his character. 

- Do not have soul. Do anything to gain money, power and fame. 

Real scientists can and do decline the offers to create bioweapons. Dr. Francis Boyle did not.

4 hours ago, talahtnut said:

It appears that the Corona Virus was brewed up

in Pirbright Institute UK and has the US patent

US10130701B2. / B1.

United States

I wonder how/why it turned up in China.

The patent is not for this coronavirus. Suggest you read here:

https://www.pirbright.ac.uk/news/2020/01/pirbright’s-livestock-coronavirus-research-–-your-questions-answered

21 hours ago, YetAnother said:

pretty limited sympathy for a country that is killing itself; do all countries do it ? sure, china just seems better at it

Pangolins are also hunted and eaten in south america...it's a delicacy for them as well.

But china seems to be the hub of eating wild animals....and the heart of it is that fresh market in Wuhan.

59 minutes ago, TheDark said:

If he is the creator of bioweapons, that probably gives a glue of his character. 

- Do not have soul. Do anything to gain money, power and fame. 

Real scientists can and do decline the offers to create bioweapons. Dr. Francis Boyle did not.

Whatever he was he is now pretty much a self-publicising nut job. I'n flip-flopping all over the place tbh on this one. One hour nothing to be worried about the next after spending too much time on t'internet - full blown paranoia. 

Edited by URMySunshine

12 minutes ago, Traubert said:

Which endangered species do the Chinese eat, marra?

I thought you would have known,not much up on World affairs,eh

Pangolins,Chinese giant Salamander,Yellow breasted bunting,

Napoleon Wrasse Tigers,Sturgeons,Chinese medicine ,Tigers,Elephants,

Rhinoceros, there's a few to keep you going. you learn something

everyday on TV.

regards worgeordie

21 hours ago, YetAnother said:

pretty limited sympathy for a country that is killing itself; do all countries do it ? sure, china just seems better at it

Life expectancy in China has increased from ~43 in 1960 to ~73 in 2020, they were doing something right, maybe they want to reverse these numbers! ????

54 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

I thought you would have known,not much up on World affairs,eh

Pangolins,Chinese giant Salamander,Yellow breasted bunting,

Napoleon Wrasse Tigers,Sturgeons,Chinese medicine ,Tigers,Elephants,

Rhinoceros, there's a few to keep you going. you learn something

everyday on TV.

regards worgeordie

They eat tigers, elephants and rhinoceros? ????Yeah I keep reading about Chinese medicine and all that but my missus is a retired teaching pharmacist in both western and TCM and in 28 years she never put a prescription together with anything but weird greenery in it. She scoffs at that stuff and says it's 'witch doctor' medicine.

Seriously. I read about quantities of pangolin scales being ferried in from Vietnam and intercepted and I've read about one case of a restaurant getting busted for selling pangolin meat but that's it. The rest I've never heard of.

Like the woman eating bat soup. That video was from a travel programme on telly and was filmed in Palau in the western pacific. It was a 'dare eat that' stunt. Not an everyday scene at a Chinese restaurant.

11 minutes ago, Traubert said:

They eat tigers, elephants and rhinoceros? ????Yeah I keep reading about Chinese medicine and all that but my missus is a retired teaching pharmacist in both western and TCM and in 28 years she never put a prescription together with anything but weird greenery in it. She scoffs at that stuff and says it's 'witch doctor' medicine.

Seriously. I read about quantities of pangolin scales being ferried in from Vietnam and intercepted and I've read about one case of a restaurant getting busted for selling pangolin meat but that's it. The rest I've never heard of.

Like the woman eating bat soup. That video was from a travel programme on telly and was filmed in Palau in the western pacific. It was a 'dare eat that' stunt. Not an everyday scene at a Chinese restaurant.

I did not say they eat Elephants and Rhinos for food ,but in Chinese Medicine,

Google wildlife market in Wuhan China*, you may find video of the market there,

they are selling cats dogs,bats,pangolins pythons, bear cats ,civets,rats,some animals

i could not recognize,may have been monkeys, just chopping them up on tables,

easy to see how the virus could have started there,with blood all over the floors.

I think the video explains it all,

regards Worgeordie

6 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

they are selling cats dogs,bats,pangolins pythons, bear cats ,civets,rats,some animals

easy to see how the virus could have started there,with blood all over the floors.

regards Worgeordie

This video was posted on 29th of January 2020 by yet another 'Influencer' who wanted to get visibility to him and his Youtube channel etc. He wanted the video to look like it was coming from WHO.

These kind of scams are very common. 

This video as well as the Youtube account is now been reported to Youtube by me. I hope others, who were or were not fooled by this wellmade scam, do report the video to the Youtube as well.

I also hope that this video is not removed from TVF, but let be as an example for people to learn about internet scams around us all.

• Confused 1

23 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

BEIJING (Reuters) - The deadly coronavirus outbreak in China could have spread from bats to humans through the illegal traffic of pangolins, the world’s only scaly mammals, which are prized in Asia for food and medicine, Chinese researchers said.

Chinese can't and shouldn't blame anything or anybody else but themselves for their virus SARS and Corona.

36 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

regards Worgeordie

BBC Earth, Discovery Asia and National Geography all 3 of them have the report about the Pangolin "black" market in China, last time it was shown it was around 3-4 months ago, main supplier to China market is from Madagascar, also shark fin "black" market but Chinese, Macao and HK people will deny it, been there done that.... the outbreak of any virus in China is a constant threat because of the way they look at hygiene and safety, any market will have live snakes, because their blood it's considered to be an aphrodisiac for Chinese man suffering from poor or lack of sex drive.... very similar thinking for the women drinking stuff made from birds nest, it's just Chinese believes and there's not a piece of any official reliable test ever supporting that..... as the other guy said 'witch doctor' medicine nothing else but the ones selling it make/made a fortune with all these believers, China can only blame themselves for the stuff happening to them, the country should be up to the current century way of life and should stop living in the past with all the non sense so called traditions that only bring it down to the abyss... 2002 SARS in Guangzhou,  2009 H1N1 in HK, 2019 Corona in China

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

BBC Earth, Discovery Asia and National Geography all 3 of them have the report about the Pangolin "black" market in China, last time it was shown it was around 3-4 months ago, main supplier to China market is from Madagascar, also shark fin "black" market but Chinese, Macao and HK people will deny it, been there done that.... the outbreak of any virus in China is a constant threat because of the way they look at hygiene and safety, any market will have live snakes, because their blood it's considered to be an aphrodisiac for Chinese man suffering from poor or lack of sex drive.... very similar thinking for the women drinking stuff made from birds nest, it's just Chinese believes and there's not a piece of any official reliable test ever supporting that..... as the other guy said 'witch doctor' medicine nothing else but the ones selling it make/made a fortune with all these believers, China can only blame themselves for the stuff happening to them, the country should be up to the current century way of life and should stop living in the past with all the non sense so called traditions that only bring it down to the abyss... 2002 SARS in Guangzhou,  2009 H1N1 in HK, 2019 Corona in China

Yes, the Chinese people are in desperate need of reeducation. Instead it's the Uighurs who are in the camps! How long will it take for the mass of Chinese population to abandon their ancient delusions and stop wreaking havoc on the Earth's endangered species?

3 hours ago, TheDark said:

This video was posted on 29th of January 2020 by yet another 'Influencer' who wanted to get visibility to him and his Youtube channel etc. He wanted the video to look like it was coming from WHO.

These kind of scams are very common. 

This video as well as the Youtube account is now been reported to Youtube by me. I hope others, who were or were not fooled by this wellmade scam, do report the video to the Youtube as well.

I also hope that this video is not removed from TVF, but let be as an example for people to learn about internet scams around us all.

So you are saying all the animals in the video are FAKE ?

regards worgeordie

1 minute ago, worgeordie said:

So you are saying all the animals in the video are FAKE ?

regards worgeordie

Nope. All I say is that the person, WHO posted the video is fake. 

There is no way telling whether the video was filmed in 70's or 2020's. Well, probably later than 90's as the videorecording systems got better. 

1 minute ago, TheDark said:

Nope. All I say is that the person, WHO posted the video is fake. 

There is no way telling whether the video was filmed in 70's or 2020's. Well, probably later than 90's as the videorecording systems got better. 

No matter when it was filmed, I am sure things in  wildlife markets have not changed that much,

I don't give a monkeys (pardon the pun) who made the film,just glad that people can see what goes

on in China,with respect to wildlife and the way they are treated.you should be contacting the Chinese

Embassy to complain, not Youtube.

regards worgeordie 

I guess it's officially a "pandemic", but a very low impact one, medically. Obviously, given that it comes in the midst of trade negotiations between the US and China, and growing resistance to Chinese expansionism in SEAsia, it has much more impact economically and politically than it otherwise would.

5 hours ago, worgeordie said:

No matter when it was filmed, I am sure things in  wildlife markets have not changed that much, I don't give a monkeys (pardon the pun) who made the film,just glad that people can see what goes on in China,with respect to wildlife and the way they are treated.you should be contacting the Chinese Embassy to complain, not Youtube.

regards worgeordie 

China is doing the White American dream by eating all organic food. Meanwhile in the USA, the pink paste works well. 

As long as you don't know where the meat actually comes from, it's all good to be consumed. 

• Confused 2