Corona Virus affecting the bar scene.

jimn

3 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

There isn't any of that PC correct BS here yet thank christ all though many well meaning farang seem to be doing their best to bring it here

You miss the point perhaps. I have always regarded a LB as one who has not had the Op, am I mistaken? No PC involved. 

3 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

You miss the point perhaps. I have always regarded a LB as one who has not had the Op, am I mistaken? No PC involved. 

I don't think there are distinct labels like that in Thailand. And they don't have specific groups like LBFQGTRS EIEIO or whatever it is lol. I am sure they would all be preferred to be thought of as ladies...however in Thailand they call a spade a spade. If you're overweight your fat, if you are a ladyboy you are Katoey. And there's no malice attached to it, is what it is. Most Katoey's I have met refer to themselves as ladyboys. I have heard guys on here say only PO LB are Katoey's, and the other way around. I would imagine if they went to the trouble of having their old feller chopped off they aren't mucking around and would consider themselves to be women. I do know gay men here hate to be referred to as LB or Katoey. Most of them would like to have the OP but most, particularly if they are on the game say their customers / boyfriends prefer the meat and 2 veg. Was a great documentary on Thai / Pina ladyboys and their relationships with "Straight guys". I think you can find it on You tube.   

I personally have found them to be some of the most well mannered, intelligent and balanced people I have met here. I am up country though so I am talking normal people not drama queen hookers / scammers / druggies in Nana, Pattaya and the likes. Usually great assistants in a shop or savvy business people and take their work seriously. I mean some of them are off the scale gorgeous. Often think they would make pretty good partners in most respects if there wasn't the stigma. Imagine introducing the kids to the new step mum lol. A mate of mine into Katoey's reckons it's like getting Brocolli on your plate at a restaurant. Just push it aside and hoe in. Others say they go to bed looking and smelling like a woman, but in the morning you wake up they look and smell like a man 5555 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Names? No I thought not.

Seeing as he's here with his wife supposedly for 8 months you can take what that fella says with a pinch of salt.

Yesterday he was claiming Pattaya was very busy. Clearly living in a parallel universe

• Like 1

22 hours ago, jimn said:

********* Update from the OP *********

After my experience the other night I think its prudent of me to post an update, considering the seriousness of the situation and the fact that some people are undecided about coming over here.

It was Big Buddha day in Thailand yesterday so most of the bars/gogo's didnt open until after 11pm. I decided to try other gogo's on Walking St. There was a queue outside one gogo and the security were insisting face masks be worn inside, I gave that one a miss. I visited 2 others and again all the girls were wearing face masks. The one difference from the other night was that the masks had been cut so that the girls could drink their lady drinks without removing their masks. Apparently some customers had complained that before the girls were removing their masks to drink.

I also visited the gogo where I barfined the girl from the other night, because I wanted to see her again. I couldnt find her though. Its hard enough trying to remember what a girl looks like but with a mask on its impossible.

I hope this virus gets sorted out soon, because at the moment its a nightmare to pick out a cutie. I plan to visit LK Metro soon to see what its like there, I will update for you guys who are worried about coming soon. Cheers.

'coming soon?'

What is Pattaya like now, from someone who has lived there a few years. I had mates go there long before the virus thing and they said it was dead as a dodo then. Reports of unfriendly staff in the bars, 1000 baht bar fines, lack of interest from the girls. One guy said the hotel he was staying in owner told him occupancy down 60% and he'd mothballed the two top floors of a 4 floor hotel for the time being. Had no future bookings either.

Is it really that bad?   

I see this morning Thailand considering some kind of tourist tax / fee to pay for the renovation of tourist sites.

I would hate to be a tourist operator right now. It's like more bad news every day. I have lived here 5 years and come to accept a lack of logic or rationality but all of this is starting to be hard to believe. 

14 minutes ago, Jaxxper said:

Seen very few ( read as none) girls in bars in Pattaya or Jomtien wearing masks over the last 2 weeks. Admittedly haven’t felt the need to go to a go-go so can’t comment on that aspect.

Havent seen a single girl in any bar or Go Go masked up in 2 weeks...period

10 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Havent seen a single girl in any bar or Go Go masked up in 2 weeks...period

Being around and in close contact with foreigners from all parts of the globe every day, out in bars around smoke and grog all hours of the night and regular unprotected sex, Corona virus probably the least of their worries

• Haha 1

****Latest Update from the OP*********

As promised I visited LK Metro last night. I started off quite early in Serenity Agogo (ex Oasis) in Soi Bukeau and had a drink with MC. No masks in there although in my opinion a mask on some of them would improve their looks. Tried Sugar Sugar, Paradise etc no masks. I spoke to some of the girls and they told me they had the masks for when they get bar fined. They have the cut in them around the mouth so that the mask dosen't get in the way during oral sex. Finally just as I was about to give up and go to Walking Street, I came across a small gogo that I haven't seen before, Aegis agogo. I went in there and they were all dancing naked except for a facemask. I must admit I was shocked, I liked one of them immediately she had perfect lips. I asked to buy her a drink and she signed her acceptance. What shocked me was that the mask was doubling as her panties, she just rolled her mask down to cover her modesty whilst she had a drink with me. I wonder how many times a night she does that. 

Anyway thats the latest folks I will give Walking Street a go again tomorrow. I know how worried people are about the situation. I feel a moral obligation to continue to advise of the latest.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DannyCarlton said:

Don't bother, the joke's worn out. No Aegis gogo in Pattaya.

Maybe you could think of a new joke when amusing yourself in your bedroom in Barnsley.

You are such a no all Danny. You need to get out more. I am the seeker of truth and justice. I have spoken.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/8/2020 at 7:51 PM, champers said:

Kiss the girls and make them cry.

Why take the girl back to the hotel anyway, Thailand already has many confirmed infections, leave the play for another time. Some folks go on holiday ane engage in activities expecting to go home in good health. Others ..... 

Edited by scorecard

On 2/9/2020 at 10:54 AM, Isaanbiker said:

Usually called TBC in Germany and some other countries.

In English speaking countries, it would mean "to be confirmed". 

Not 'to be continued'......... despite having gone on long enough?