Jump to content

Corona Virus affecting the bar scene.


jimn

Recommended Posts

I thought I would post my recent experience of a night out in Pattaya. I visited a well known Gogo bar in Walking Steet and all the dancers were wearing face masks. It was really difficult to pick out a hot one. I bought a drink for one of the girls and every time she took a sip of her drink she lowered her mask which really worried me as I didnt want to become infected. Being a Brit fresh from Brexit I decided I would go with the flow and bar fined her. When we got back to the room she insisted on showering alone. When she came out the shower she didnt have a towel on but insisted on keeping her face mask on. Even when she started to perform on me the mask stayed on.

I just want to make those people who are thinking of cancelling their trip aware of the situation over here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back in my youth I  would have been happy for some of my conquests, who stayed over, to have worn a surgical mask or a brown paper bag with eye holes in the morn.  Beer goggles can lead to some unfortunate encounters. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Face masks are the preferred disguise of lady boys. She didn't want light down also?

 

i was out on walking st last night, went to 5 agogos and no one wore masks, maybe the op went to an agogo targeted towards Asians? or Katoys R Us agogo?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just did some shopping in the local market on Thepprasit Soi 8  and not a single person was wearing a mask, and it's a Thai market so there are very few farangs around there.

 

Hold on, maybe that's it - the Thais have taken on board the Tourism Minister's hostile remarks about farangs and only feel safe now when there's none around!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jimn said:

I visited a well known Gogo bar in Walking Steet and all the dancers were wearing face masks.

I have visited seveal bars in Pattaya in the last few days. Some of my friends have visited various gogos. No sign of girls wearing masks anywhere. I call BS on this.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, jimn said:

I just want to make those people who are thinking of cancelling their trip aware of the situation over here.

Aware of what?  Sorry, you seem to have the issue.  Or lack of proper interview/investigation prior to taking her.  Or maybe the music was too loud...

I certainly have not had any issues with this recently, including twice today.

To add, I am sure you are aware WS gogo are the biggest tourist rip off spots in town.

Those that live here rarely go.

I suggest you seek out alternative venues many who will not be wearing or will wear a mask.

And maybe ask this time if you are worried.

 

.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, fforest1 said:

image.jpeg.c7213c95428b45e0d72ab98c0e14b525.jpeg

 

Dont kiss but no condom is ok.....

Bar fines ,  should include VAT,     Virus Added Tax .

 You know it makes sense ...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Guderian said:

I just did some shopping in the local market on Thepprasit Soi 8  and not a single person was wearing a mask, and it's a Thai market so there are very few farangs around there.

 

Hold on, maybe that's it - the Thais have taken on board the Tourism Minister's hostile remarks about farangs and only feel safe now when there's none around!

Or they are afraid that if they wear a mask, they may be mistaken for a farang and face dangers

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, elliss said:

Bar fines ,  should include VAT,     Virus Added Tax .

 You know it makes sense ...

 

Maybe not Virus but as some of the places get institutionalized i would not be surprised to see something called entertainment tax start showing up that might fall under the current VAT system

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

Back in my youth I  would have been happy for some of my conquests, who stayed over, to have worn a surgical mask or a brown paper bag with eye holes in the morn.  Beer goggles can lead to some unfortunate encounters. 

Then there's the double-bagger: A chick that is so ugly that you not only have to put a bag over her head, you put a bag over your own head as insurance in case her bag comes off.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Face masks are the preferred disguise of lady boys. She didn't want light down also?

I think he suggested she emerged from the bathroom wearing just a face mask...  likely that would not hide everything!

 

I think this is a troll post anyhow.

Link to post
Share on other sites

********* Update from the OP *********

 

After my experience the other night I think its prudent of me to post an update, considering the seriousness of the situation and the fact that some people are undecided about coming over here.

It was Big Buddha day in Thailand yesterday so most of the bars/gogo's didnt open until after 11pm. I decided to try other gogo's on Walking St. There was a queue outside one gogo and the security were insisting face masks be worn inside, I gave that one a miss. I visited 2 others and again all the girls were wearing face masks. The one difference from the other night was that the masks had been cut so that the girls could drink their lady drinks without removing their masks. Apparently some customers had complained that before the girls were removing their masks to drink.

I also visited the gogo where I barfined the girl from the other night, because I wanted to see her again. I couldnt find her though. Its hard enough trying to remember what a girl looks like but with a mask on its impossible.

I hope this virus gets sorted out soon, because at the moment its a nightmare to pick out a cutie. I plan to visit LK Metro soon to see what its like there, I will update for you guys who are worried about coming soon. Cheers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jimn said:

 

I hope this virus gets sorted out soon, because at the moment its a nightmare to pick out a cutie. I plan to visit LK Metro soon to see what its like there, I will update for you guys who are worried about coming soon. Cheers.

If this virus gets sorted out soon there are still others left especially in the bar scene. And even TBC seems to be a problem. Just was reading that a 75 year old German shot himself in the head here in Pattaya obviously because of this. I myself got Dengue here in Pattaya and was bitten by a stray dog already. But if I believe the statistics I should have died here long time ago already when crossing the road. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Beggar said:

If this virus gets sorted out soon there are still others left especially in the bar scene. And even TBC seems to be a problem. Just was reading that a 75 year old German shot himself in the head here in Pattaya obviously because of this. I myself got Dengue here in Pattaya and was bitten by a stray dog already. But if I believe the statistics I should have died here long time ago already when crossing the road. 

What's TBC?

"TBC Bank is a Georgian bank headquartered in Tbilisi, Georgia."

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...