Airport and heavy coughing?

OneMoreFarang

On 2/9/2020 at 1:09 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

I don't expect a clear answer.

I guess here are enough people who used a Thai airport in the last weeks. And maybe they know if the "health police" is very strict or if nobody really cares.

That will obviously not tell me 100% if they will stop me or not. But it will give me an idea about the situation.

Turn it into your advantage. I traveled during SARS back to Canada and when I went to the carousal in TO to get my bag  it was full of pushing, inconsiderate people. I faked a few sneezes and the whole area cleared out.. 

• Like 1

On 2/9/2020 at 6:13 PM, ricklev said:

Pick up some "Brown Mixture" at any Boots or Thai pharmacy and take a swig before going to the airport.  Opium tincture works!

https://decostrade.com/en/health-products/leopardbrandbrownmixture120ml/

Excellent advice ricklev! The smaller 60ml bottle has .8ml opium tincture whereas the larger bottle does not appear to have the same ingredients.  The bottle has an orange leopard/tiger on the label. The stuff works great.

4 minutes ago, farangUSA said:

Excellent advice ricklev! The smaller 60ml bottle has .8ml opium tincture whereas the larger bottle does not appear to have the same ingredients.  The bottle has an orange leopard/tiger on the label. The stuff works great.

NO!

For some people, like me, it's not excellent advice. In fact it is bad advice. And I described already in detail why it is bad advice for me here (post #16, page 2):

I don't blame @ricklev who suggested that drug. It's not his responsibility to check my health.

It's good for some people with dry cough. But it's bad for people with wet cough. There is an important difference. I just learned about that in the last days and I highly recommend that others learn the difference before they take the wrong drugs which maybe makes it worse. 

On 2/9/2020 at 1:11 PM, Airalee said:

In all seriousness though...I quit smoking for the new year and am now “clearing out”.  When I went for a massage, prior to the massage I explained to the masseuse that I wasn’t sick and was only coughing because of quitting smoking.

I still haven’t had a cig and the cough is going away...slowly

I know how you feel.

Well done mate ????

53 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Well done mate ????

Thanks man!  Although after ripping the rocker panel side skirt off my car on it’s maiden voyage around the Maehongson loop today...I kinda want a smoke...haha.

Thank God for nicorette.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Airalee said:

Thanks man!  Although after ripping the rocker panel side skirt off my car on it’s maiden voyage around the Maehongson loop today...I kinda want a smoke...haha.

Thank God for nicorette.

Keep it up, you're doing well, if you need support just PM me for a chat mate, support is the most important thing :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Just a short follow up about airport health checks.

When I checked in in Cambodia one person from the airline checked the temperature (on the forehead) of all passengers.

And when we landed in Bangkok we walked out of the plane into a small building in the middle of nowhere. In that building medical staff checked the temperature of everybody and anybody who was even a little bit higher than normal had to stay in that building. All "cleared" passengers walked out on the other side of the building into a bus which transported them to the main airport building.

There was also lots of airport security in the building where they did the tests. It seems they take it serious - good.

• Like 1