Unpaid brokerage fee believed to be behind Korat mass shooting

webfact

1 hour ago, observer90210 said:

The international media and social media do share a part of responsability in massively reporting live the madness of such tragic incidents worldwide. It gives ideal to all the madmen around to world....

not to mention Hollywood

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Apparently, before his FB account was taken down, he had written, “being rich from taking advantage of others, do they think they can use money in hell?” Sounds like he was <deleted> at anyone he considered to be "rich" because a rich lady had (in his mind) taken advantage of him. Probably thought his best chance of finding other rich people to wreak his vengeance on was to go to a higher end shopping mall. Not a shred of rationality ...  

• Like 2

Think with your neurons, if you have any.
The real reason?
We will never know it;
authorities and their dear friends the editors of national newspapers and national TV want us to take our bladder for a lantern ...

and then it will serve you what to know the why of how?

There are 30 dead and many families in mourning;
there is also a Thai police force completely overtaken by the event; two dead and one wounded in a military base and they let him go out quietly!
No order from a senior officer to shoot him before he does more damage.
Lots of gray areas in this heartbreaking story.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

All those dead and traumatised over a small amount of money.

How many people have been traumatised because two peoples greed. ?

Three people's greed.

Shooter, Commanding Officer and relative. Should we believe anything different? The guy probably knew he was going to be stitched up - by his boss

4 hours ago, gargamon said:

Well I can understand why he killed the first two, but why the rest? Time to go out in a blaze of glory? Suicide by cop?

He just wanted to be like the guy who shot the 2 yr old, sick stupid ,dumb, brainless, hope he was wearing a mask when he entered the shopping mall, just another idiot, the problem being this type of murder may well develop as copycat behavior, and become frequent.

Time to call the guns in BIB, the wild wild west is out of control.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

"Loss of face" again!

i dont get that  from the report, he was, apparently, owed money that he did not receive, how is that loss of face? surely the person who should have paid the money but was refusing to uphold their side of the deal lost face?

it sounds reminiscent of such actions in the usa where someone is felt to be hard done by and the easy access to firearms results in tragedy.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, steven100 said:

nonsense ....  he can a normal guy who just said enough is enough, i'm sick of getting cheated, and he went 'of the rails'  ....  not on drugs, no mental illness, just snapped and said fak you all.

Isnt "snapped" "off the rails" etc, the very definition/display of a mental illness. The day before the incident he wasnt a diagnosed nutter, the day of the incident he had a rapid decline in his mental state. Once you display the behaviour thats not the behaviour of a sane and rational person, you are mentally unstable. Albeit a rapid decline to a visible mental illness, but still mental illness.

Sane , rational, mentally well people dont snap.

Edited by Peterw42
  • Like 1

50,000 baht could have been his future.  So they destroyed his future, and he wants to destroy theirs.  I wish he could simply take 1-2 people to court and that's it....to involve innocent people at all is absolutely insane, but we are not of the same mind, age, emotions, etc.. in this world.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, neeray said:

Thank goodness I'm not inclined to murder someone when a business deal goes south. I'd have many notches on my belt by now.

I'm sure same can be said for many members on this forum.

If you'd killed the first 'cheaters', you'd probably not have been cheated again.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Isnt "snapped" "off the rails" etc, the very definition/display of a mental illness. The day before the incident he wasnt a diagnosed nutter, the day of the incident he had a rapid decline in his mental state. Once you display the behaviour thats not the behaviour of a sane and rational person, you are mentally unstable. Albeit a rapid decline to a visible mental illness, but still mental illness.

Sane , rational, mentally well people dont snap.

a good analysis and explanation, however imo I think one can be as normal as the next guy and during the course of maybe a week, a month, who knows how long but he shows no indication of stress, anger, rage or any other internal desire, then after one more hicup or bad news about losing money, being shafted, then it's kabooom inside.  in other words, a normal acting guy who snaps on the day.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, gargamon said:

"face" had nothing to do with it. It was over 50,000 baht. People get killed for much less than that.

Of course, it was face :in  the Thai mind money and face are tightly intertwined :the Thai knows nothing but money and face (and as reaction formation and to compensate a highly superstitious and donation (money again) and ritual based form of pseudo Buddhist religiosity. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Yadon Toploy said:

That's why you'll never be a Thai politician, or a general in Thai Police or Army.

Forget about Thai army. The person you're referring to can't become a politician or general in his home country. He probably fled his home country to take refuse in a foreign land with his meager pension income.

2 minutes ago, thecyclist said:

Of course, it was face :in  the Thai mind money and face are tightly intertwined :the Thai knows nothing but money and face (and as reaction formation and to compensate a highly superstitious and donation (money again) and ritual based form of pseudo Buddhist religiosity. 

It is probably both- the shooter culd have promised someone else a portion of that money and ehen he was not paid- he could not do as he promised. In adition, he asked for the mney several times and the more he asked and not received- he lost face.

Thai society is complex- confrontation in itself can be considered loss of face so Thais suppress feelings and emotions but  there are times when they are unable to continue to suppress and when the anger comes out it is massive.

• Like 1

We have let 4 relatives in my wife's family borrow 1000 or 2000 in the past and none of them have paid it back .

My thoughts are they can't ever ask again so no need to ever worry .

My wife gets stressed saying she will ask them obviously very annoyed I just say no don't even ask them for it then I never need to worry they want a huge amount.

I can see how angry people can get on very small amounts of money .

• Like 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

However, when the talks broke down, Jakrapanth drew his pistol and killed both Mrs. Anong and his commander.

I think there is more to this story than is being said, that, or he was a loose cannon to start with, maybe he always got his way with mummy, but when his bosses mother-in-law didn't buck, he decided to take her and many others out, at the end of the day, it's others that feel the pain from losing loved ones over this idiots bent actions.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 2