Unpaid brokerage fee believed to be behind Korat mass shooting

webfact

I wonder how many other soldiers are serving in the Thai army who have the same disillusioned state of mind as the perpetrator and who might act it out in the same way if and when triggered.

The stark contrast between the official image of the army (reinforced by brainwashing starting in school) and the less than honorable reality sure doesn't help.

3 minutes ago, Caldera said:

I wonder how many other soldiers are serving in the Thai army who have the same disillusioned state of mind as the perpetrator and who might act it out in the same way if and when triggered.

The stark contrast between the official image of the army (reinforced by brainwashing starting in school) and the less than honorable reality sure doesn't help.

Spoke to soon.

3 hours ago, crazykopite said:

Sadly life is cheap in Thailand all this over 50,000 baht , prayers to all those who perished   ????????????????????

It doesn't take an indepth study of farang history over the past hundred years to see how cheaply life is regarded in Farangland, especially the lives of people of color or the "wrong" religion or living in sh=T hole countries.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, justin case said:

my ex made sure I had no claim on 2 houses I helped pay for (million stolen) + stole hundreds of thousands of baht just before divorce, but this guy goes on a rampage for 50k ?

There is more to it than just 50,000baht.

Sorry about you loss i have heard many simular stories off other farang while living up in issan for the past 8 years.

None of those went out shooting and killing innocent people.

On 2/10/2020 at 4:55 AM, Andrew65 said:

Losing face means losing credibility or respect. If someone stiffs him for 50k its a loss of face, in his mind anyway. "Losing face" is a very big deal in Thai culture.

Thai culture! Whatever happened to jai yen?

Off topic posts and the replies have been removed, this is not about how or where to buy assault rifles in the USA.

A post containing unattributed content has been removed. Please include a valid link to the source of information when posting:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.