How did shooter get weapons used in deadly Korat shooting?

webfact

2 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Exactly.

A friend had to do his compulsory service in the east German army.

He told me about night shifts guarding the camp entrance.

He turned away a general who could not identify himself and show authorization.

And he was not disciplined for that.

Now try the story in Thailand.

That security scenario would fail if the general shot dead the guard, which is what happen at the armory

• Like 1

Some of the Video's that the shooter posted on YouTube prior to this incident shows him using the Sniper Rife and shooting at targets from his car. there where also some video's showing him using the Shotgun. Suspect some these these where his personal weapons. He was a skilled shooter in these videos and a reckless on too as some video's showed him twirling a semi auto "John Wayne" style and shooting at targets. He would have been kicked out of any Gun Range in the USA for doing this.

3 hours ago, petermik said:

Total ineptitude on the Army,s so called security sorry......:thumbsup:

The army's  sole job is  not security from outside its from within, to quell the  natives when required, just one big paid up mafia, thugs on demand, and they can't even do  that half  the time.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Oziex1 said:

I'm sure the asking of such embarrassing questions is to be labeled as causing confusion to Thai people of deemed to be troublemakers fake news.

Absolutely. I bet Little P or that army chump won't say anything about this issue to the public. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MikeN said:

Reading between the lines of the story in the “unquotable paper”, he was able to steal the weapons because they were stored complete, and with ammunition, in an insecure facility.

As I mentioned in another thread, standard practice during my military career was to store the bolt mechanisms in one strong room, the body of the weapon in another, and ammunition in a completely separate location. All were kept locked and required 2 sets of keys, which were kept in 2 separate safes. So virtually impossible for anybody to gain access to the weapons illegally.

Obviously the RTA don’t have the same sense of security.

I was an infantry soldier. We signed out our weapons weekly for practice/cleaning. It would have been so easy to load a mag and wipe out a whole platoon of soldiers. We didn’t keep the ammo in the same building as the guns/bolts though. 

• Like 2

If the timeline is correct, he killed a few when he picked up the hummer, and didn’t get to the mall until nearly 2 hours later.  It seems he should have been stopped on the base where soldiers were killed?  Or at least close.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MikeN said:

Reading between the lines of the story in the “unquotable paper”, he was able to steal the weapons because they were stored complete, and with ammunition, in an insecure facility.

As I mentioned in another thread, standard practice during my military career was to store the bolt mechanisms in one strong room, the body of the weapon in another, and ammunition in a completely separate location. All were kept locked and required 2 sets of keys, which were kept in 2 separate safes. So virtually impossible for anybody to gain access to the weapons illegally.

Obviously the RTA don’t have the same sense of security.

And I guess it is more or less like you exlained in much more than one country!