Two dead in Phuket speedboat collision

pagallim

Machismo, ignorance, lax regulations, and fast boats make a pretty deadly cocktail.  The LOS will kill its own tourism industry.  Throw in a mass shooting (by a government soldier no less), massive water and air pollution, and watch the numbers plunge, TAT.  Sabai Sabai!

I've been on a few of these boat trips and last year my friends came over for a holiday with 2 kids and they were not allowed in the front of the boat.

Im guessing these kids were in the front of the boat going off the damage

Idiots on the roads, and now it seems on the costal waters 

Disgusting, utterly disgusting repugnant ignorant pond life in charge of vehicles and now speed boats ( not forgetting ‘zip lines, ATV, etc, etc)

Then again pay peanuts one will attract those deep cave dwellers 

• Like 1

Yes quite obviously just way, WAY too fast ! and also Inattentive. ... I see no marine traffic lanes marked around Phuket, on the charts that I could find just looking briefly, ... (TIT ?) .... but I briefly found the Straights of Melaka shipping charts, and the traffic rules are like driving in Europe or America, You pass on the right, e.g. Port to Port for boats, which does stick in my my mind as what it should be, from my memories. ... (Just being a navigator, on the Technical crew on an off shore Oil exploration vessels for 25 years.) ...

Also I remember going up the pearl River in Southern China also one time, as a Tourist, and they were Passing Port to Port as standard, ... BUT, with Rivers of course, with sharp bends, and Currents etc they had their own system also of having Red or probably green flags on the side of their vessel that they expected to pass the approaching vessel on.

So well, either of them could have been on the wrong side I guess ? ....  But the Guy coming in to the picture from our end, looks like he was in the wrong, (I think) ... As he seemed to be going much faster, and it looked like he had fingered out that there was a problem, just way to late, and WAS trying to get over to his right, ... but was as you say, going Way WAY too fast, ...  so hit the nose of the other Boat at that speed. 

I will look again but also if the approaching boat was in the wrong position, cutting the corner off, to save time ? ... Like he should have been more to his right ! ....  Then he was in the wrong also, as the approaching boat would be running out of water, if he was forced to move over much further to his right !!! .... 

.... Yes re re-watching it, I would say that they both were in the wrong lanes, but the bigger looking boat coming from our direction, was going much faster, and probably did the wrong thing when he realized that the Situation was just a total <Deleted> Up. .... But he probably was not in the wrong lane, the one coming towards us look like it was.

Maybe some one who knows will tell me that there are NO proper Lanes of passing rules in Thailand ? Right ??? Har Har ... Yes TIT. and RIP the Russian Children ! ...  What just a Totally <deleted> thing to have happen on your Holiday !!! ... I would arrest BOTH drivers, as I think that they both were in the wrong, the approaching boat on the wrong side, ... and the one from our direction just going Way to fast. ... 

Safty first is the main caretaking in Thailand for thais and visitors,isn't it??

But also the next way to keep foreigners stay away from Thailand. Best don't travel in the country, stay away from any activities and you can more easy survive your vacations and get not ripped off all the time!

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, manhood said:

Best don't travel in the country, stay away from any activities and you can more easy survive your vacations and get not ripped off all the time!

99% of visitors to Thailand would wonder what you're talking about as they don't have any problems surviving here.  Just as in most other countries.

• Confused 1

51 minutes ago, alzack said:

No dont, fly with them dont, go on a boat with them, dont go on a bus with them, dont ride a bike with them, go another country is safest

Google Thai airways flight 365. Where the captain killed everyone on board racing to land before another aircraft then stalling his aircraft into the sea just off Phucket.

RIP 

• Sad 1

Just now, LivinginKata said:
23 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Without papers they will not be allowed to leave. This is checked regularly.

Yes ... but who checks the checkers. We all know a brown letter solves all paperwork 'irregularities'. 

Yes, a "brown letter" [sic] is the answer to everything.  Brown letter?

11 minutes ago, maprao said:

Google Thai airways flight 365. Where the captain killed everyone on board racing to land before another aircraft then stalling his aircraft into the sea just off Phucket.

Why dig up an irrelevant air accident that happened 33 years ago with your incomplete assessment of what actually happened?  No other countries have had accidents since then?

Edited by Just Weird

4 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:
7 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Yes, a "brown letter" [sic] is the answer to everything.  Brown letter?

Already edited to 'envelope' before you posted

You couldn't have done that before I posted, if you had I wouldn't have been able to quote your "brown letter" reference!

• Sad 2

It's sad enough that they continue to kill themselves and others at the rate of 60+ every day on the roads.

But when they kill the tourists like this....

Its incomprehensible. 

What were they doing?

Playing chicken?

Phuket is definitely not the place to be. 

And the rest of Thailand is following a close second. 

• Haha 1