Wi-Fi dongle recomendations

Maybole

I only buy the "expensive" parts i.e. from ASUS. And they work.

Whatever you buy you should check first if drivers are available for that thing and whatever OS is installed on that old PC.

Because many new devices will only have drivers for Windows 10.

And if you have to download a driver make sure you keep in mind to download it on another PC - because currently you don't have WIFI on that old PC.

I was in same situation as OP, decided to use my old PC from 2011 for my son. This PC hadn't been used for app 2 years so at first the wi-fi dongle wasn't working but after I downloaded all the updates for Win10 it was plug and play (used a LAN cable for the updates).

I got below one, it has both 2.4 & 5 GHZ so fast enough for most users, 199 baht at Lazada

image.png.f36f0036a2b2a812589b9cf161e72252.png

Edited by guzzi850m2

5 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

I was in same situation as OP, decided to use my old PC from 2011 for my son. This PC hadn't been used for app 2 years so at first the wi-fi dongle wasn't working but after I downloaded all the updates for Win10 it was plug and play (used a LAN cable for the updates).

I got below one, it has both 2.4 & 5 GHZ so fast enough for most users, 199 baht at Lazada

image.png.f36f0036a2b2a812589b9cf161e72252.png

Where did you get it ?

2 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

Didn't you read my post? Lazada

There is even a link to it in post #3, but instead of being helpful, someone decided to Troll by scaremongering, instead of simply hovering over the link to check that it was from a legitimate source.